3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 11.11.21 09:38 pm

Game Impression (Never Alone)

Quite a cute project from the natives of Alaska, telling a folk story about a brave girl Nana and a faithful Arctic fox. It is on the management of these two heroes (both in co-op and by the method of simple "switching") that the Never Alone gameplay is built.

Each character has its own distinctive ability, for example, a polar fox can see helper spirits, and a girl can throw a bolu. And there will be plenty of obstacles on the way of the heroes, from harsh weather and polar bears to the Man-killer and the spirits of the Northern Lights.

Of the shortcomings, I can single out not the most convenient control, besides, it is clear that the game is more designed for cooperative passage than single (AI leaves much to be desired).
Among other things, the game has a built-in video encyclopedia about the life and traditions of the Inuit people, and this project is nothing more than an attempt by the developers to remind the whole world of their existence.

Total: a good toy, I advise everyone who loves LIMBO-style puzzle platformers.

8/10
2 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kay Ovald 11.11.21

A very good, kind, and extremely original game based on real Chukchi tales. Like Limbo, it's just a fairy tale and much easier. Or like Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, only good and without mad control, although we also play for two. In fact, you only have to sweat at the very end.
Beautifully and stylishly drawn, accompanied by interesting excursions into the legends and history of the Chukchi of Alaska (Inupiat). But the main thing is a deep and very original fairy tale. It is for these games that the genre of small independent games is popular.
Arctic fox kawaii. ^ _ ^
9/10

A
Alux789 16.12.21

Will my comment be the only negative one? I didn't like the game, I can advise you to play it if you are really bored.
This game has an age recommendation of 12+, although it is not passable for children due to too difficult tasks, there are no prompts, so if you get stuck somewhere, then you have to torment yourself for half an hour looking for a way out, or simply close the game.
For older players, the game will be boring, since its whole plot is that you just go through boring, and sometimes frankly annoying obstacles, and along the way you come across boring children's stories about nothing.
There were no special lags in the game, but there were some shortcomings, they are there and they are noticeable. For examples, when you hit someone with a weapon, he does not get bruises and it almost does not affect him in any way, although the same weapon can break blocks of ice the size of a man, and a little girl. There are also shortcomings in the plot, where the girl can live without eating food and fantastic creatures help her to overcome obstacles.
Personally, I'm 16 years old, if anyone is interested, I started playing this game on the playstation because I got it for free, and I passed this game halfway, because it is too boring and mad with its obstacles, which are done carelessly, in the same tomb raider the riddles were more difficult, but unlike this game, they were more interesting.

Total: if you have a lot of free time and a desire to wind your nerves, then this is a game for you;)