3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Desepy 11.11.21 10:53 pm

Medieval bodybuilding

Recently I asked myself this question. Probably many have seen pumped-up, well-built men in medieval films, illustrations in books, description of a character in a book. So, how did they pump all these muscles? I doubt that in the Middle Ages there was something like a gym, and in exercises with a sword, most likely you will not pump anything up. And the maximum they did was run, carried a lot of iron with them and on themselves, fenced. How is that?
11 Comments
Sort by:
L
LEFT FOR DTF 11.11.21

no, they ate a lot of protein foods, showered with BSA and creatine.

r
rad-gul 11.11.21

modern gyms are a simplified, more convenient imitation of the physical activities of the past, such as dragging stones, blocks, carts, etc. and no subscription is needed - all this had to be done all my life in order to survive.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 11.11.21

Pumped-up men were in antiquity. And in the Middle Ages there were only drishches.

L
Legion1130 11.11.21

If I'm not mistaken, these "giant knights" were 160-170 cm tall (judging by the armor found)

M
MelShlemming 11.11.21

Knights were not only drish. They also washed once a year (at best) and pissed themselves into their armor.

m
mrTrauberg 11.11.21

Judging by the addition of people from films and books - this is w lol. It's just that such characters are better at selling their goods than unsightly unwashed drisches.

F
Frostmir 11.11.21

Because in the Middle Ages there was not what is now:
Fast food 2. Coca-Cola
3. The Internet 4. Computer
games
5. Television sets

B
Balda716 11.11.21

In the usa, people throw morons (televisions) off the roofs of high-rise buildings. This is something like the initiation of Man, because 97% of the so-called population are animals, endowed with a crumb of intelligence.

Without physical exertion, the brain becomes decrepit, it is not for nothing that all the ancient philosophers were Olympionics.

m
mouterov 11.11.21

Judging by the addition of people from films and books - this is w lol. It's just that these http://xl-pharma.com sell their goods better than unsightly unwashed drishches.

s
stalker7162534 11.11.21

Desepy
Probably many have seen pumped-up, well-built men in medieval films

Cool, a film shot in the Middle Ages!

Interestingly, ancient sculptors (Greece, Rome) embellished their contemporaries (maybe customers?)?
Probably, not. Because sculptures depicting "pumped by streoids" will not be remembered.
But the fact that both before and now there were strong men among ordinary people is a fact. I also think that when people ate natural food without chemicals, and the fact that the strong ruled in ancient times, and because of their power ate more meat than bread, it becomes clear how they could swing heavy swords, and even dressed in armor, for several hours ...

A
A.Soldier of Light 11.11.21

Judging the history from the films is the height of idiocy))