3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Default2 11.11.21 11:33 pm

Should you install Windows 10?

And which Windows is generally better?
182 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denya Shepard 11.11.21

Windows 8.1 is the best, anyway. Hopefully Windows 10 beats it. Windows 7 is so-so. When I switched from XP to W7 I was very sorry, but BF3 demanded it. And there was no regret from W7 to W8.1, all the same only works faster and more reliably

v
vladteterev85 11.11.21

Ilya_Muriy
Well, they will stop supporting so what. The system will not stop working. Here XP stopped supporting, but at our work it was as it was, it is still there. And he does not ask for food. If this very termination of support threatens the termination of the release of security updates and applications, or new games will not pull, then I will now reveal a secret: most users do not need these updates, games and other nonsense and nafig. In general, automatic updates are disabled for me and I do not experience any problems in this regard. And if someone likes to be manipulated, then let him run after imaginary "progress" only for the sake of that very DH12. But you will not play all your life - someday you need to stop, start a family and get down to business, and not wipe your pants at the computer and earn hemorrhoids.

E
Eroppo 11.11.21

vladteterev85
Xp and 7ka in terms of interface practically do not differ, apart from minor improvements. And the start screen in 8k is already a serious change, with which you just need to figure it out a little, get used to it, and you can understand that it is much more convenient not only on touch screens, but also when working with the keyboard / mouse.
I agree about the forced cultivation of a dumb generation, but I'm talking about Windows from the perspective of an adult who has been working with Windows for 20 years and appreciates every improvement, including convenience and responsiveness in terms of reducing the time spent on the same daily operations

A
ArtilleryFront 11.11.21

eroppo
> which you just need to understand a little, get used to and you can understand
What exactly to understand? That they also released a kernel with a couple of patches, but screwed on a new interface (namely NEW, and not an extension of the old api built into the kernel in fact), which in fact had to go only to sensors and started selling IT as a new product? "People hawala, che"

E
Eroppo 11.11.21

ArtilleryForward
What exactly to understand? That they also released a kernel with a couple of patches, but screwed on a new interface, which in fact had to go only to sensors and started selling IT as a new product?
What exactly can be understood, I wrote - strain your eyes and you will see. About the "same" core - 8ka is not only more convenient to work with, but also much more responsive than the same 7ka, I repeat for the gifted. Even on the old hardware, the "same" Windows works in places faster than the divine xp, although obscurantists will never believe this in their lives - the new by default is satanic shit, which you just need to throw mud at, simply because it is new
And all sensory crap is removed in a minute straight from the launch, but you have not considered this option there - how can you whine about sensors,

A
ArtilleryFront 11.11.21

eroppo What
does XP have to do with it? XP was built without threading in mind, uncle.
What are you talking about? "Responsive" - ​​what else is this for a humanitarian concept? How are they expressed? How can a new, useless service in the form of a metro interface help you work? If, in fact, this is the same start-up in full screen with whistles and fakes.
You were sold TWO TIMES one and the same system, only the second was with an artificial cherry, and you are happy. Well I say - people hawala and do not catch up at all.

O
OmOn21 11.11.21

I've been using Windows 10 for 3 months now, I'm very happy - no problems. Before that I was sitting on a seven, I never installed Windows 8. There are not many differences between 7 and 10, but dozens of more bells and whistles

v
vladteterev85 11.11.21

eroppo
About the "plan to reduce the time spent on the same daily operations" - if you sit and understand and get used to, then there can be no question of any reduction in time consumption. In the eight, whatever one may say, there are a lot of all kinds of bugs and imperfections. In the seven they are also there - I do not argue, because nothing is perfect. But there are many more of them in the eight. I do not yet know a single person I know personally who liked this hybrid of the seven and the android. I have been using Windows since 95 and also not a youngster - this is by the way.

E
Eroppo 11.11.21

vladteterev85
once is better to spend time and figure out what the end of life to spend his millions of clicks on govnomenyushkam in which labels ponykany
Although the meaning of all this talk is simply no - to each his own, who like brakes, ingenuity and the alleged absence of some bugs, that when and will remain

v
vladteterev85 11.11.21

eroppo
As for "the meaning in this whole conversation" - I agree with that, and the same thought came to my mind. And even in spite of all the reproaches against XP, it has the right to life. On a netbook with 1 GB of RAM and built-in video, you can't even use that very seven. I have an Acer Aspire One zg5 based on Intel Atom 1.6 GHz with 1 GB of RAM. Carrying a laptop with you is no longer very convenient, but this one is small and the battery is new. So on it, the seven takes 500-600 MB of RAM on the fly, along with all the programs in the tray. And XP pulls twice less. And at the enterprises there are computers with 256 operatives and built-in 64 MB video. Even XP sometimes lags on such, and there can be no question of a seven or eight in general

E
Eroppo 11.11.21

vladteterev85
here I already wrote above, again in favor of the eight and "the same kernel" - there are tests in the network that even on weak hardware it works faster than xp, not to mention the seven, which of these three options is the slowest ... It is clear that for especially ancient computers, drivers may simply not exist, but under normal conditions, a fact is a fact

F
Fat Vladimir 11.11.21

Put 10. It's semi 7 semi 8

o
oceloteqt 11.11.21

YOU don't forget that vin10 is one branch from vin7, and in many respects it is only better, not counting the purely visual part of the new operating system. We fasten the old look of the start button through the Classic Shell. All embittered, please stay in 2007. And yes, it eats 10k of RAM no more than 7th, but it works much faster. For the sake of directx 12, it is certainly not worth switching to vin10 for at least another 3 months.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

I was torn from xn by a bunch of user account control profiles - completely unnecessary shit like a tile. and this style is with arshin letters and the style of Chinese plastic. and even looking for a game to slow down steel aaaaa.
and so if you look at a new powerful computer, you don't normally put it on, and the iron is less and less likely to come out with its support.
in 5-6tok years, the same fate awaits, in principle, and vinduvs 7.
so all the same, over time, it is necessary to transfer the posony. if it were not for the support of multi GPUs and the simultaneous support of different screen drivers, I would not have changed from whist to 7 - for why?. and so would still sit at 3.5, here.

o
oceloteqt 11.11.21

Also, do not forget about the conspiracy of companies. The fact that on vin10 games will go a little faster. It's the same with video cards, etc. For example, in the Witcher and many other games, Nvidia GTX 780 (ti) shows less FPS than gtx 970. Slowly we will be forced to switch to everything new.

S
Schreps 11.11.21

Day Shepard
Win 10 chic OS for gamers

E
Eroppo 11.11.21

stubbze00790 You
also need to constantly remember about the conspiracy of automakers (they sniff modern cars faster, more comfortable and more economical than cars of the 50s), electronics manufacturers (they are bred to color digital TVs instead of black and white tube TVs) and any other corporations that, under the guise of progress, breed poor paranoid for all the devilish new

K
KlausBarbie 11.11.21

Sonya was updated at night from 8.1) While the flight is normal ... I was glad that all the data was saved)) As it was in 8.1, it was pumping in 10) Problems with the current with Creative software for headphones. and so ok.) It is necessary to use in games)

v
vladteterev85 11.11.21

eroppo Is
there a practice of installing a figure eight on a computer with 256MB of RAM + 64MB of embedded video, from which we have only 192 MB of RAM when loading? XP on such a computer works almost normally, but if you put the antivirus, it starts to be blunt. And this despite the fact that 256 RAM is enough for XP, and 1 GB for the eight. So I specifically download the eight and try to put it on my computer at work for the sake of interest, the next time I will reinstall Windows as planned. And if it works, then I agree with you, and if not, I'll post the result. Although I am more than sure that it will not be on such an ancient PC

E
Eroppo 11.11.21

vladteterev85
clear that so ancient and weak iron, it is unlikely to pull - it optimally even xp, and 98))
It is no longer that until 8s for weak computers xp was the only acceptable Windows, whereas now the situation has changed
more and there is a popular stereotype "new - increased requirements, adding brakes", so many sit on xp and refuse to believe that there can be better options))