3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vitekl 11.11.21 11:35 pm

Replacement GTX 680

I am thinking of replacing the video card with a GTX 980 or GTX 980ti or perhaps a Radeon R9 390. There is no big need for replacement. It's just that now you can still sell yours. Should I change now or wait for the next generation of video cards? Will you have to change the processor to the i7? And does it make sense to change to 980ti (it is not supposed to play in a resolution higher than FullHD)?
Current Configuration:
CPU: Intel i5 3570 GPU: Palit GTX 680 Jetstream 2 GB RAM: 16GB DDR3 Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK
67 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zenux 11.11.21

Edvins
... For some reason, people in our country use SLI extremely hesitantly ...

Probably because it's sad right now, everything is wrong, I hope DH12 will fix the situation and buying 2 vidyuhi will really give an increase in each game.

... but also NVIDIA cards with AMD ...

It seems that in the internet even a skipping infa has worked, it's not clear who will be responsible for the optimization of such bundles, most likely the game developers themselves will do it if they want to.

W
Wraith_Soul 11.11.21

I'm sitting on gtx 660 oc, waiting for Pascal and tests for it, and there it is possible to buy

A
AsStRaLL92 11.11.21

Before the new year, I switched from 680 to 980 Ti and I do not regret a bit, vidyuha power, everything pulls to ultra and will pull for a long time, but I think it's not worth sitting and waiting until the dollar gets to 100, if you have money, take it now.

Z
Zenux 11.11.21

Here the Germans are tracking DX12 games, anyone can find it useful http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Panorama-Thema-233992/Specials/Ausblick-2016-Broadwell-E-Zen-Geforces-Radeons-1181841/

Z
Zenux 11.11.21

vitekl
1. Successfully sell the old one.
2.Not planned in the next 2 years 4k.
3. I would like to touch a new card.

If all the points suit you, then take the 980TI, you will be happy with your purchase.

-
-SK.art- 11.11.21

Edvins
I have SLI - two GTX680s (though each with 4Gb and i7 percent). I think that a couple of years more ultra and high games will pull all the games.

Yes, you, my friend, the optimist) here with his two 970 expect to for another year or two otsily half the normal game, and he and two on the 680 Ultra :)

vitekl

With the current exchange rate, I would not rock the boat anywhere until the summer, before the release of Pascal.

v
vitekl 11.11.21

Edvins I
also had an idea to buy a second GTX 680 for 4GB (as far as I know, only 1 vidyuhi memory is used, I don't remember only smaller or larger). But:
1 - then I need to change the power supply unit
2 - Work in SLI depends on each specific game (and judging by the tests (I don't remember the source) that the newer the game, the better it works on exactly 1 new card than on the old ones in SLI)

v
vitekl 11.11.21

Zenux
Everything fits. I'm just worried: won't I have to change everything else in a year. And very often the i7 processor is written in the recommended requirements. Just buying a 980 TI will hit your pocket hard now (you'll have to go into debt). A month later - no problem. But income is not in dollars. And what will happen to the dollar in a month ???

i
ild70 11.11.21

vitekl
And what is your power supply unit? My config is in the profile, 1.5 years on it, the flight is normal. Forget about 980 ti, your percentage will limit it, with me with the K index in overclocking to 4.1 under high load as in test mode, all 4 cores are 100%. And 980 ti is more powerful than two 680 in SLI, not as much as one comrade writes here, but all the same. Of course, I agree with the second point, but everything depends on money, I preferred the option with the second used one. in SLI, and I don’t regret it yet.

B
Belomorkanal 11.11.21

vitekl
In CF and SLI modes, memory is used on both video cards, but each uses only its own, the memory of both video cards is duplicated, that is, the same information is written to the memory of both video cards. Therefore, if the video cards have different amounts of memory, then the total amount of video memory will be equal to a smaller amount. That is, in this case (SLI GTX680 2GB + GTX680 4GB) the maximum video memory will be 2GB. On a vidyah with 4 gigs, there will be 2 gigs of unused memory. Therefore, there is no point in overpaying for a 4-gig version.

v
vodkabears 11.11.21

there is no point in 980Ti, if you are not going to climb from FHD to 1440p (and this is another 40-80k per monitor), but change 680 to 980, taking into account the relatively quick release of pascals, it’s like changing it for soap. 680 will quite hold up to Pascals, a very successful model from Nvidia turned out :)
ild70
will not be. Don't mislead the person and try to understand better what bottleneck is and how it works. i5s can easily pull any solo card out of the existing ones :)

v
vitekl 11.11.21

ild70
Chieftec APS-650C at 650W The
second card cannot be turned on. Only 2 12V connectors

B
Belomorkanal 11.11.21

vitekl
It will turn out. With two adapters Molex + Molex >>> 6pinPCI-E. But will the PSU pull? If it is of high quality, then it is quite possible that it will pull without problems. In any case, the PC should turn on and work, at least without the load on the video cards, no matter how lousy the power supply is.
Such adapters usually come with video cards. You can buy it separately or make it yourself.

v
vitekl 11.11.21

vodkabears
In the next 1-2 years I will be 100% at 1080p. By chance, you don't know the article explaining the difference between i5 and i7 in games. In fact, i7 is the same i5, only in i7 each core works in 2 threads, i.e. better for multitasking. Or am I wrong? I just collected the computer in 2012. I would like to use the new video card for another 3 years. Will it work with this configuration?

v
vitekl 11.11.21

Belomorkanal Did
n't even know that there were such people. And what is the voltage on the Molex 5 volts?
Maybe it will. But this is just a try.
SpoilerCalculator from the site http://expert4help.ru

A
Apokalipsis113 11.11.21

vitekl
In fact, i7 is the same i5, only in i7 each core works in 2 threads, i.e. better for multitasking. Or am I wrong?
In general, it is. But hyper threading does not provide a full-fledged kernel, so the final performance gain depends on specific conditions and threads. In general, for games, this is manifested by lower frequencies during overclocking, but in general, they are approximately the same.

Z
Zenux 11.11.21

Edvins
Here is a test of various AMD and Nvidia bundles under DX12 (Ashes of the Singularity) http://www.anandtech.com/show/9740/directx-12-geforce-plus-radeon-mgpu-preview/4

E
Edvins 11.11.21

For now, you need to pick up two completely identical cards. Therefore, I have both GTX680s at 4Gb, and not 2 + 4. Power supply 1150W. As for the processor, then when assembling a new architecture, you need to strain, but take an optimally powerful one with the ability to overclock (at that time, and this was three years ago, I chose the i7 3770K and it will be relevant for at least a couple of years. If during this time my configuration starts to slow down, then I will overclock everything I can and get another 20 percent acceleration. So far, even without this, I have 50-60 FPS in the most difficult games). For example, I bought the last Batman right away and went through it with minor bugs, but without the slightest complaints about optimization. At this time, the worldwide cry began, its cancellation, etc., moreover, even information appeared that it did not support SLI, which surprised me, but for some reason did not upset.

R
Roman Pivovarov 11.11.21

vitekl
390th radeon will allow you to play Full HD for a long time, you may not want to take it, but take sapphire from the manufacturer

F
Fantom88 11.11.21

I would have waited,
but I think it's not worth changing the percentage of it enough
for such and sales are weaker than SLI works and everything is ok