3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
abler98 11.11.21 11:36 pm

FPS sags in GTA V

Good day! I have such a problem: some time ago, FPS began to drop hard in GTA V. At the moment of the FPS drop, the load on the video card also decreases to 10-50%. In all other games, this is not the case, although the load is 100% everywhere and heats up the same (70-75 °). In general, it is quite possible that the video card is already slowly dying, it is already old, but I want to understand why this is happening.

AMD Radeon HD 8570 video card. I know that it is weak, but it was still normal before, everything worked stably, and the FPS changed depending on the terrain and time of day.

Could this have happened due to driver and software updates from AMD?
8 Comments
Sort by:
V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 11.11.21

abler98
I think it can. That is, the problem seems to be precisely that at some point the vidyakha refuses to work.

L
LakerSC 11.11.21

abler98
The same problem with r9 390. The card does not work stably, the load and frequencies go down and up. Strangely, at almost the maximum settings, the game runs smoother, more stable and the FPS is higher, while the card works much more stable, at full power. I sin on my percent fx 8320, the same i5 c 390 gives out a stable FPS (judging by the video on YouTube). Or maybe it's the new drivers.

-
-SK.art- 11.11.21

LakerSC
I sin on my percent fx 8320

and in other games how? For example, in those where there is a greater emphasis on graphics, if on the processor, as in GTA.
PS: I highly recommend overclocking fx 8320. If you have it in face value, then it does not "draw" your card. I had such a processor. When overclocked to 4.7 GHz, it can fully load a video card of the level of GTX 770 / HD 7970. But your card is unlikely.

L
LakerSC 11.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
In the new Lara, the card is loaded stably at 100% and 1040 MHz. The problem is in GTA and the last fallout. I overclocked the percentage to 4.0, but did not feel the difference.

Drawdowns in FPS practically do not depend on the quality of the graphics, at maximum settings it plays even better than at medium - high settings, the card works at full capacity. Most likely percent of course, it's a pity there is no way to replace it yet.

-
-SK.art- 11.11.21

LakerSC
Most likely, of course,

yes, it looks like a processor. Fallout, by the way, is also processor-sensitive.
However, it is not clear to me why the frequencies of the card drop. In theory, they should not fall, just the GPU load should decrease and that's it.

a
abler98 11.11.21

As it turned out, the problem was a large paging file size. The system decided to set it to 8GB, which is dofig when you consider the speed of my hard drive.

I
Isertq 11.11.21

By decreasing the population, you can try to solve this problem, well, as well as all sorts of tricks with the vidyahy itself)
Take it out of the quality, on the performance in the settings. And put a couple of software progs to clean the RAM's.

m
maxim333 11.11.21

The same situation, the game for no apparent reason suddenly began to lag mercilessly, although before that everything was stable. And there were no reasons for this: neither the driver, nor the software - nothing was updated. Strange situation, vidyuha gtx 670