3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SАLEM 12.11.21 05:34 pm

How do you feel about the death penalty in the sense of humanity?

Many say that - in any case it is impossible to execute, because according to the biblical commandments it is a sin, but it is impossible to sin, and from the point of view of morality it is inhuman, the death penalty should be replaced for life with the right to be released in individual cases. the death penalty has no revenge. Those who crave the death penalty, for the most part, are thirsting for revenge, and not social protection and everything else. And what is the use of executing a person who has already killed someone, because the execution of a criminal cannot resurrect his victims. Execution is a consequence. But we do not pay attention to the reasons.

Is life on the scales? The life and health of a criminal? Good.
On the other side - also life.
The lives of those killed by this criminal for fun or for drunkenness (it does not matter, with an ax or a car in an accident). The lives of those who were hooked on him. The lives and health of patients who did not receive expensive medicines due to cut funding, since the criminal stole budget money. Killed for a bag and a cell phone, or should all these lives be easily discounted for the greatest value - the life of a criminal? Ah, he's a man, he has rights, he is worthy ... Aha. His victims, their lives and destinies, the destinies of their loved ones, therefore, were not worthy, pah on them? Also on the other side of the scale lies the keeping of this criminal in custody. Feeding, etc. Maintenance at the expense of the budget, which is formed from our taxes. More will go to life or even 15 years - less will go to law-abiding pensioners, teachers, doctors, higher retirement age, etc. The offender pulled himself out of the legal field. He stepped over the restrictions dictated by the law, which means that by doing so he left the area of ​​guaranteed civil rights. He has no right to life, health, humanity and all that. I believe that there is nothing worse than a life sentence. The special regime for keeping such prisoners is quite harsh. They have every day scheduled by the minute and every day they have a Groundhog Day. They do not see relatives and friends, native places. Their whole life is a cramped cell, but a promenade. And so for at least 25 years. Or do you think that it is better to pardon ten villains than to execute one innocent person? Humanity is good, but for the first time, I do not think that humanity should be shown to repeat offenders, with the abolition of the death penalty, the number of serious crimes has only increased.
99 Comments
Sort by:
w
warp 37 12.11.21

I am against the death penalty, but not because it is not humane. Given our "law enforcement" system, the death penalty would only be a very convenient way to eliminate those who are objectionable to high-ranking people. Also, there is always the possibility of executing innocent people - this is also not good.

The best option would be to give the offender a choice - life imprisonment or death after a certain amount of time to review the case (although, personally, I would choose the second option). But here, too, there are many subtleties.

W
Wing42 12.11.21

The death penalty in specially stipulated cases can be applied as a final procedure to those people whose further stay in the club of the living is fraught with big problems for their own security of society and the state: terrorists who are "lucky" to stay alive, serial killers / rapists.
For all other cases, a system of punishments up to life imprisonment is effective.

S
SАLEM 12.11.21

Wing42
And what about it?
"Whoever strikes a man so that he die, shall be surely put to death ...
if anyone will kill with the intention of passing insidiously, even from my altar take him to his death.
Who strikes his father or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
Who if he steals a man and sells him, or if he is found in his hands, then he must put him to death.
Whoever slanders his father or his mother must put him to death. " (Bible, Exodus 21: 12-17) Murder is a sin, a crime, the punishment for which is the death penalty. The death penalty is a just punishment for the crime of murder, in accordance with the biblical slogan of justice "an eye for an eye"

W
Wing42 12.11.21

-DENIMUSS -
If people did everything in a biblical way, they would be uneducated dark. The Bible is the last source from which I would venture to draw.
"What about this?"
Close and don't look)

F
Fantasy cat 12.11.21

I am for the death penalty, but only in relation to pedophiles (even if once) and sane maniacs (or terrorists), on whose conscience there are more than 2 lives.

M
MunchkiN 616 12.11.21

I am against the death penalty on the basis that the criminal is a criminal from him and the demand, and the actual judicial and analysandal base is a social social structure and it is in the same cell with the law-making body. thus, the power executive structure is in an advantageous state, being the law or, in some historical cases, being above it. thus, formally, a certain group of people has no moral right to decide anything for other people. and this is one of the attributes of a highly developed and organized pitch of society.
but then there is the next point is security. thus, it is still possible to prohibit a criminal from robbing coravans and not to let him do it in the future and has a certain moral right to exist, plus it has a higher reversibility of action in comparison with anal execution. Thus, the ultimate logic is that if the criminal does not commit crimes, it does not matter whether he is alive or dead, but with the presence of a certain coefficient of possible error and error, it is not possible to bypass the possibility of reversibility, which is not in favor of death.
there are actually 2 problems.
this is what a criminal must be kept and formally he is not deprived of human rights, which presupposes certain conditions of detention and is an economic expense of the state system.
and the second is related to the cost of the act. because the price of punishment may be less than the price of an act there, it is more profitable to commit some kind of crime than to get it for it. but on serious crimes it seems to work relatively well and logically scales and correlates. this is already a topic of reflection for smaller pitch violations.
however, for example, I am not against forced euthanasia, but this is a question of a slightly different plane and he will not fail to treat domestic criminals, and even to people whom it would be possible to willingly destroy based on their deeds.

R
RomanRTS 12.11.21

IMHO, if a person has committed a serious crime deserving "capital punishment", then he must serve it.
But not just in a cell, but in heavy work that cannot be done with the help of technology. And if after 10 years, he wants to die, then the state can provide him with such an opportunity.
And then what is it, he means a murderer-murderer, ruined n-lives and will get off so easily? Nifiga, he must pay in full for his deeds! And only then, with a clear conscience, go beyond.

s
stalker7162534 12.11.21

The offender has committed a crime for which the death penalty is imposed. And knowing this, in order to escape from justice, he will be ready for anything, for example, he will kill. So let it be like in civilized countries - instead of execution, life imprisonment.

K
Kissel777 12.11.21

Humanity towards criminals is a crime towards society.
It is necessary to execute terrorists, murderers, embezzlers and other parasites.
Someone will say, they say, but here an innocent person can be executed. So after all, they are usually executed not immediately, but after a while. Years after sentencing. If during this time a person does not justify himself, being innocent, then there is no chance, and there is no difference whether he will be executed or rotted behind bars.
Needless to say, life imprisonment is worse than execution. People adapt to such conditions and live in peace. Few of those sentenced to life imprisonment commit suicide.

K
Kissel777 12.11.21

warp 37
So after all, they are usually executed not immediately, but after a while. Years after sentencing.

R
RomanRTS 12.11.21

stalker7162534
And they still go for anything. They don't want to sit.

V
Vanya Rygalov 12.11.21

How do you feel about the death penalty in the sense of humanity?

Humanity (lat. Humanus - human) - love, attention to a person, respect for a human person; kind attitude to all living things; humanity, philanthropy ...
The antonym of humanity is cruelty.
In a narrow sense, humanity is the desire not to cause suffering to a person as much as possible.
This is from Wikipedia.

Humanity to whom?

s
stalker7162534 12.11.21

RomanRTS
And to be shot during the arrest too.

O
Okruta 12.11.21

In any case, it is impossible to execute, because according to the biblical commandments it is a sin, but you cannot sin.
The most devout people of the world - the Jews - successfully cope with this.

who are "lucky" to stay alive, serial killers / rapists.
Crap! Why did the rapists not please you ?! And how do you even put them on a par with the murderers ?! The killer is driven by hatred, and the rapist is driven by love. And these, as they say in Odessa, are two big differences.

I am for the death penalty, but only in relation to pedophiles (even if only once).
Another victim of the System. What did the pedophiles do to you? Do you look at a girl's passport every time?

As for the SABZH. As it was said in one Soviet film, the gallows did not make anyone more beautiful. A criminal will not be corrected after his death, and an innocent convict will lose his last chance for salvation. I have always been and will be an ardent opponent of the death penalty, and of long terms too. Well, tell me, what can a person realize in 25 years, which he has not already realized in 10? It is no coincidence that in one of the Soviet Criminal Codes the maximum sentence was only 10 years, and the death penalty was an exceptional measure that was not used in ordinary cases.
And in order not to take away money for the maintenance of criminals, it is necessary to involve them in work. So that they not only pay for themselves, but also bring profit. In the case of the innocent, this is generally a good way out, after a person is released, having proven his innocence, he could receive a salary for all the years spent in dungeons and work experience - a good incentive.
However, I will allow myself one caveat: if, after all, our people are ripe for the revolution, it will be necessary to conduct several demonstrative executions live: Putin and his gang right on Red Square. But that's another case.

W
Wing42 12.11.21

Okruta
"Well, tell me what a person can realize in 25 years, which he has not already realized in 10"
Do you think that someone believes that any criminal can realize, repent and become a God-fearing righteous man? Of course not, only a person is capable of repentance, but not a vile creature that puts itself above others. The idea is to protect healthy members of society from the presence of this infection for a long time, and the longer the better.
"The killer is driven by hatred, and the rapist is driven by love."
Both are driven by desire, and hatred and love are excuses at the kindergarten level.

S
SАLEM 12.11.21

Okruta
The most devout people in the world - the Jews - successfully cope with this. 1) The most devout are the Arab world and Muslims.
Crap! Why did the rapists not please you ?! And how do you even put them on a par with the murderers ?! The killer is driven by hatred, and the rapist is driven by love. And these, as they say in Odessa, are two big differences. Oh and Delirium (the word love smiled) Article (152) I sit for love))) - Lust and unrealized complexes. By the way, it is a great nonsense to plant them or mentally correct them. Here only castration helps, and everyone knows it, but "human rights" and other crap ... In short, we have laws protecting the rights of a psycho, but there are no laws that would protect normal ones from psychos, because when such a person is already recognized as a psycho, he has already accomplished almost all of his feats ...
Moreover, I believe that the death penalty for certain actions should be of different severity.
Why do rapists and child murderers have to rest in prison at the expense of taxpayers? The culprit of the death of the child, even sitting down for life, will live at the expense of the parents of that very child. It's not sweet in our prisons, it's not heaven in prison. But they save his life, save the opportunity to be released under the amnesty. He is given the opportunity to continue his atrocities ... I think that every person has a sense of fear. Strong feeling. I think when there will be a fear of the death penalty. That desire "stupidly for the sake of interest, to paint someone", some creatures diminish. The murderer is driven by hatred - And greed and cold calculation And 1000 more factors, if not more you forgot about it ..?
I think it's time to stop pretending to be Jesus and turn the other cheek, saying that the murdered child will not be returned by revenge from the afterlife ... The murdered child, of course, will not be returned, but it may save the lives of 10 other girls, boys and adults, elderly potential victims. No matter how wild it was blood for blood.

B
Bandera John 12.11.21

I'm against. Let's go back to a recent story: There was such a maniac Chekatilo, he killed people, and while he was killing, 4 innocent people were executed! The killer was caught, and someone's children were left without parents

S
SАLEM 12.11.21

The death of one person is a tragedy, the death of millions is statistics ..

A
AR3E 12.11.21

But the reasons we do not pay attention
to.This is because all sorts of enthusiasts, like TS in our Playgrounds, do not pay attention to facts, and when the IRL speaks to such questions, they begin to be divided into black, white and nothing. None - these are mumbles, to support the conversation, the rest is standard.

The lives and health of patients who did not receive expensive medicines due to cut funding, since the criminal stole budget money

Is it really about the execution of thieving officials.

Killed for a bag and a cell.

Oh my god, no. We are talking about hardened criminals.

Maintenance at the expense of the budget, which is formed from our taxes

The formation of which takes place at the expense of not only taxes. And as one local user said, we live in a rich country among beggars. This is truly so - there is no need to grovel, we must look at the problems comprehensively.

He stepped over the restrictions dictated by the law, which means that by doing so he left the area of ​​civil rights guaranteed by law.

In Russia, any person spit on safety measures and laws, if only life was "easier". We teach the theory of traffic rules in driving schools in order to pass the exam exactly according to the rules of the road, and then get a license and go out on the roads - to drive a car not according to the rules. Because according to the rules in our country they live when it is beneficial for someone. The rest of the issues are resolved at the level of raucous morality, or, as they say, by pull.

As for the subject, omitting all this unnecessary husk, at the moment I am for the destruction of spoiled people. As smart people told me, and as I believe myself today, those people plunged into a criminal life to the roots of their spinal cord, and no zone where they go to rest and eat will fix them. There is a chance, but not today, under our state.

But. In order to counteract the decomposition of public morality, the destruction of the criminal part of the population should take place within a strictly defined framework and behind the scenes, under the supervision of the courts, the prosecutor's office and a special law enforcement body, which checks the legality and validity of the final court decision.

The killing should not take up a lot of resources, and the condemned should not experience physical pain and suffering, from which the most humane decision becomes obvious.

While this opens up a lot of other questions, this is almost how it appears to me.

G
Garrus-1994 12.11.21

But before, fingers were chopped off for theft. Is it humane or not? And if now even such a "social norm" is maintained, how will it ... be humane or not?