3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Aredin 12.11.21 07:16 pm

Alvin is this Jacob from Aldersberg? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I was one of many who would like to see Alvin from the game "The Witcher" in the add-on "Blood and Wine", but then I ran into information that Alvin is a former Grand Master who is already dead, and this is quite likely because Jacob, as and Alvin, the child of the Elder Blood, they are both sorcerers, it is also known that Alvin disappeared during the battle between the Order and Squirrels in Darkwater, and since he is the heir of Lara Dorren, the boy can travel in time and space, he returned to the past and became the Grand Master of the Order of the Burning Rose , as mentioned above, they have a lot in common, including the dream of a better future.
55 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kahran ramsus 12.11.21

Yes

N
Norman bates 12.11.21

Yes, Alvin is Jacob. The letter in the third part directly hints at this. However, he is not a Child of the Elder Blood (at least, I do not remember what was said about this in the first part), but the Source. The source is not necessarily the carrier of the Gene.

_
__DOC__ 12.11.21

Aredin
... and this is quite likely ...
It was, everyone, clear after the first game.)))
"Yasha, hold my mac"

h
halepa 12.11.21

In general, without the details, you're right. All the show-off in the dialogues with Alvin in B-1 ... Alvin, according to many indications, is Yakov from Aldersberg. Maybe you can find some details from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZN5eLgOeRTDaZyHrFmjSuQAredin

p
predator999 12.11.21

It is a pity that the developers themselves did not wind it up, so this is considered only a rumor among fans of conspiracy theories. Although it is obvious from the game that they answer Geralt with the same phrases. But then a logical question arises why Ciri's wild hunt if the plot of part 1 assumes that the wild hunt will receive Jacob.

N
Norman bates 12.11.21

predator999
A letter from an old friend signed simply "A." can be considered confirmation. It is about the actions of Jacob. The answer is simple: Ciri is a child of the Elder Blood, Alvin is simply the Source.

p
predator999 12.11.21

Norman Bates
Well, it is not said directly, but it can be assumed that he is of older blood, then they have the same abilities and Alvin and Ciri can move in time and why he is actually worse. And of course the player understood about the letter, but not Geralt Gera did not understand at all.

N
Nhilium 12.11.21

This is just speculation and conspiracy theory that perhaps Alvin is Jacob. The developers ignored this moment and everything else is just fictions of people.
ps Alvin is a powerful source, but he is not a carrier of the elder blood gene.

N
Norman bates 12.11.21

predator999
Well, the abilities of the Origins have not been properly described anywhere. And Ciri was also the Source. And if we assume that Alvin is the carrier of the Gene, then there are too many inconsistencies.
Geralt didn’t seem to comment on the letter (I don’t remember exactly), but he’s still not an idiot)

p
predator999 12.11.21

Norman Bates
But judging by the fact, why is Ciri better. In general, Jacob's abilities could be stronger because he is older therefore he could develop them better. At the end of part 1, he generally moved Geralt to his visions and summoned all kinds of ghosts there, so this says a lot. The Wild Hunt could calmly take him and not get worn out and start an invasion already.

N
Norman bates 12.11.21

predator999
It's not about age. It's about genes. The Elder Blood is revealed most strongly in women. Plus, Kalante's parents were distant relatives, and both were gene carriers. That is why Pavetta also had abilities that exceeded those of the ordinary Source. Well, in Ciri, Gen was activated at full strength.
And again, there is no mention anywhere that Alvin / Yakov is a relative of Ciri. He is just the Source. In the first part, it was not even mentioned that he was a child of the Elder Blood. And Trts, and the Lodge, I think, would understand if Alvin was the bearer of the Gene.

N
Nikolai S 12.11.21

It may well be. At the end of the first Witcher, Geralt killed Jacob and was surprised to find that he had a Dwemerite amulet ... Alvin had the same.

B
BioGen 12.11.21

Today the first Witcher took place, you are right - Jacob is Alvin, everything fits together.

E
Evgeny Batanov 12.11.21

I'd rather see Regis, during this time between the book and the game he is completely mine to regenerate, at least I hope so. But Alvin, alas, with all your desire, you will not be able to see in the new addon, because he is 100% dead

L
Losto 12.11.21

Aredin
How did you go through the first part, if you didn't understand that Alvin is the master? :) It is unlikely that it will be shown. The CD Project said that dlc will have something that will delight book lovers, and this whole topic with Alvin is nonsense, an initiative of the developers. Itlina's prophecy was added here. They made him a prototype of Ciri, because only she had the ability to command space and time. Alvin could not be a child of older blood, therefore he could not rule over space and time, since Lara's gene is transmitted only through the female sex in an active form.

S
San226 12.11.21

predator999
As bum, what is there to confirm when it is obvious, at least for those who do not "skip" dialogues and delve into them. Chew all the pancake and lay it out!) When Jacob confides in Geralt, he fully relies on the moral teachings that Geralt gave little Alvin, even cites Geralt. Moreover, at the end of the game, Geralt removes Alvin's medallion from the defeated Jacob ...

S
San226 12.11.21

predator999
"But then a logical question arises why the wild hunt of Ciri if the plot of part 1 assumes that the wild hunt will get Jacob ..."
For those who have read the books, this is not a question. The Wild Hunt does not need the girl's magical abilities, but her special gene. Secondly, Ciri, even in the books ("The Lady of the Lake"), encountered the people of the Alders - the elves from another world, where the local king himself (Auberon) wanted to fuck her. Moreover, in the books, Ciri has already run into a conflict with the King of the Wild Hunt (Eredin), who, after the murder of Auberon (the king there), leads the pursuit of the escaped Ciri. He even appears to Ciri in a vision, threatening to catch up with her on the Spiral.
So Jacob has nothing to do with it) The plot of the first game does not imply that the Wild Hunt will get Jacob, it assumes that Jacob (Alvin) drove into the future, realized that it would be very cold there, then hit the road in the distant warm times-past, matured, tuned his magical abilities, became a grand master and decided to devote his life to the fight against global cooling. Everyone, an ordinary eco-terrorist, on whom the Wild Hunt

doesn't care) PS / Yes, and strange, but for some reason many still do not notice the obvious difference in the abilities of Alvin (Jacob) and Ciri. Alvin moves in time, Ciri - through space, i.e. rides across parallel universes.

L
Loaf of bread 12.11.21

yes it is he infa 100% Jacob was an amulet made of dimerite ..

A
Aredin 12.11.21

Pacman1
Well, you never know what dimerite sorcerers have?
Although you're right, this is the same amulet only older.
They even look alike.

S
San226 12.11.21

predator999
"Well, it is not said directly, but it can be assumed that he is of the elder blood, their abilities are the same, and Alvin and Ciri can move in time and why he is actually worse"

Not the same, Ciri does not move in time, Ciri jumps through space in parallel universes ! Alvin saw the triumph of the White Coldness in the future of his world, Ciri encounters it in other worlds.