3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Aredin 12.11.21 07:16 pm

Alvin is this Jacob from Aldersberg? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I was one of many who would like to see Alvin from the game "The Witcher" in the add-on "Blood and Wine", but then I ran into information that Alvin is a former Grand Master who is already dead, and this is quite likely because Jacob, as and Alvin, the child of the Elder Blood, they are both sorcerers, it is also known that Alvin disappeared during the battle between the Order and Squirrels in Darkwater, and since he is the heir of Lara Dorren, the boy can travel in time and space, he returned to the past and became the Grand Master of the Order of the Burning Rose , as mentioned above, they have a lot in common, including the dream of a better future.
55 Comments
Sort by:
A
Aredin 12.11.21

San226
Only it is not clear if Jacob has similar, maybe even greater, abilities than Ciri, it was impossible to take Alvin to me, and leave Ciri alone, because Geralt did not even resist, and next time he almost killed me in 3 parts same. Fox tells Geralt, in Tedd Teriad, that he fought my projection there.

i
icebear2 12.11.21

Yes, but he died and will definitely not return in the supplement, it's just that Alvin is a hint in the first part of Geralt's daughter, Ciri. That he has a destiny Ciri. But those who have not read the books will not understand the hints in part 1 of the game.

C
CRASHBULLET 12.11.21

It is impossible to declare categorically, there are no direct references.

p
predator999 12.11.21

Most likely, the point is not that Jacob is weaker, but the ice wasteland is a world created by Jacob's painful imagination, i.e. not real but in his "head". And the image of a wild hunt arose from the consciousness of Geralt, just like the ghosts of Abigail, Selina, Adda. Because Jacob is, as it were, a prototype of Ciri, and Geralt's greatest fear is that Eredin will take Ciri. Geralt did not remember this yet, but perhaps they were deposited in the subconscious.

A
Aredin 12.11.21

icebear2
I read the books, it is clear that Alvin is just bringing us to Ciri, but it's still a pity that he won't be there anymore.

A
Aredin 12.11.21

predator999 The
Hour of the End is the real world that can be visited in 3 parts.

O
Oleg V 12.11.21

in my opinion, the developed something beguiled at the end, on the one hand, a lot indicates that it was still Alvin, but on the other hand there are some inconsistencies, in particular, the hair color of the characters: Alvin was blond, and Jacob had hair dark ...

L
Loaf of bread 12.11.21

repainted

W
Wild rider 12.11.21

There is a very small chance that Alvin will return as a boy / teenager and then travel back in time. And then, it will only be as an easter egg / hint for 1 part of the game, in addition to writing.

Norman Bates
"The answer is simple: Ciri is a child of the Elder Blood, Alvin is just the Source."
In the letter, as far as I remember, Yakov believes that he has the Elder Blood.

"And Trts, and the Lodge, I think, would understand if Alvin was the carrier of the Gene."
Well, if he is from the future, suppose, then even Avallacchus (who carefully followed the descendants of Lara) would not be able to understand that he was a carrier of this gene. Because the preconditions for its birth have not yet appeared, i.e. at that time he was not in the plans of either the sorceresses or the elf.
But the Eredin knows the devil about it.

"Ciri - through space, that is, it gallops across parallel universes."
Ciri also knew how to jump in time (re-read the books). Not always in the way she needed, but at least she knew how to control her strength.

predator999
"The Wild Hunt could easily take him and not get worn out and start an invasion already."
That's just the point. If Eredin originally planned to find Ciri, then why did he need Alvin? And vice versa, if he got Alvin, then why does he need Ciri?
Maybe due to the curve of transferring saves, the developers did not dare not only to explain the motives of Eredin in 3 parts, but also to mention Alvin in general.

Aredin
> Fox tells Geralt in Tedd Teriad that he fought my projection there.
> with my projection.
Lol.
In a conversation under the lighthouse, when Geralt moved around the worlds? No, there most likely he meant the moment when Geralt fled from the Wild Hunt, i.e. before the start of part 1 of the game. But already on Undvik, at the end of the game, Fox talks about White Coldness in the Magister's illusion, where there was a projection of Eredin (you need to choose one of the lines about White Coldness before parting with Ciri).

Oleg V
Blondes' hair color can change with age.

CRASBULLET The hints are
more than bold. Plus in Novigrad you can find a letter where the Master signs it with the letter "A".

S
San226 12.11.21

Wild Rider
Ciri also knew how to jump in time (re-read the books) ... - can you just give an example, since you are so well guided in the book history of Ciria?)

J
Joel Miller 12.11.21

Yes, Alvin is Jacob =)

O
Oleg V 12.11.21

Wild Rider
can only change in infancy, and Alvin at the time of his first meeting was no longer a baby ...

S
San226 12.11.21

Wild Rider
That's the point. If Eredin originally planned to find Ciri, then why did he need Alvin? And vice versa, if he got Alvin, then why does he need Ciri? -
I think that in reality Alvin did not face the Wild Hunt and its king, in any way. Do not forget that the final battle in the first part of the game is just a glitch that Geralt caught. That is to say, a mental battle in which Geralt had to fight essentially with himself. In visions, he sees characters with whom his fate is somehow intertwined, and in the end the King of the Wild Hunt himself is the main fear of Geralt, the image of the Devil. He offers a moral choice: to give the soul of the Magister (in fact, to curse for all his deeds) or to fight for it (that is, in spite of everything, overcome anger in oneself, and forgive). In addition, the King of the Wild Hunt in a dream hints to the Witcher, they say, you knew Master Jacob under a different name, i.e. in this way, the moment is played up that Geralt subconsciously begins to guess that Alvin and Jacob are one and the same person,

This is the beauty of this series of games, there is no such thing that there is some obvious villain, you find him and kill him, period. Any solution leaves an aftertaste. Let's take the same example with the Master, how many options:
- in the place with Geralt you did not guess during the game that the Master is Alvin, and in "righteous" anger you send his soul to hell ... But then, after some time, for example, after reading this forum, you think that's the same damn thing, if I had guessed right away, I would have acted differently!);
- you understand who the Master is, but you cast aside emotions in relation to Alvin, and decide that nothing can make amends for his guilt;
- you did not understand in time who the Master is, but you forgiven anyway - this is a manifestation of Christian love))
well, etc.

J
JOKERIVAN 12.11.21

San226
There was a moment, in one of the last books, when she came to a completely dead, fetid world and then assumed that it was her own, but after many many thousands of years

S
San226 12.11.21

JOKERIVAN
Well, VERY "obvious" example) Assumption on assumption - true?

W
Wild rider 12.11.21

San226
Ciri crossed paths with Nimue (a character from Lady of the Lake), who lived 100-150 years after the pogrom in Rivia. Plus, she traveled to "our" world, when it was the Middle Ages (Galahad, King Arthur, well understand ...) and when it was the 19th or 20th (I don't remember exactly) century. At the beginning of the next chapter, a clipping from a London newspaper of that time was invented.

"Do not forget that the final battle in the first part of the game is just a glitch that Geralt caught."
Well, I do not argue that a glitch, but this glitch (illusion) was created by the Master for Geralt. Those. roughly speaking, he let Geralt into dreams about the White Cold. In the same place it was seen before the vision that Yakov raised his hands and began to read a spell. As a result, the quintessence of everything turned out: a plausible illusion of the Magister + Geralt's glitches (the appearance of many acquaintances from the game in the form of ghosts) + Eredin's interference in this matter. How this idea looked from the outside (most likely worthy of being described by Master Buttercup, because he could see it all) - one can only guess, because in the end the completely material body of the Master lay on the floor.

"The King of the Wild Hunt himself is the main fear of Geralt, the image of the Devil."
In part, you can say so, just remember the "Cave of Dreams" quest, Geralt was really afraid of Eredin. But just an image? Here I do not agree. King DO followed Geralt's actions after he fled from him. Why then did Eredin score on Geralt after the Suburb? The meeting with the DO at the end was quite logical. Or in the Suburbs, in the chapel of the Reverend, there was also a glitch, do you think? And who summoned him?) Geralt was alone. And all these philosophical phrases, the battle with Leo ... Geralt suffers from amnesia, not schizophrenia)
No, I understand, such a version has a right to exist, especially in order to explain plot differences between parts 1 and 3, but nevertheless ...

"you did not understand in time who the Master is, but you forgiven anyway - this is a manifestation of Christian love))"
"That is, no matter what, overcome anger in oneself, and forgive"
It is very Christian to kill the Master after forgiveness with a silver sword for monsters) Here the aftertaste somehow diverges from the actions of the witcher. By the way, the king DO manipulates Geralt to "do his duty" and kill Jacob. Quite possibly even Jacob was manipulated by sending these visions. Those. Jacob was a living weapon in the hands of the Wild Hunt (well, it was necessary to wreak havoc with these "dhoine"), and the words about Destiny were the same bluff as the witch's code =). Eredin followed all the actions of Geralt, then notably trolled the words about Destiny and the fact that Geralt was the cause of all troubles (he pressed hard psychologically), later took Jacob's soul / or was left with nothing, but in the end he scored on Geralt and began to search Ciri.
Otherwise, one cannot explain the change in Eredin's behavior in 3 parts, he somehow became taciturn, apparently, Jacob's soul did not help =)

"there is no such thing that there is some obvious villain, you find him and kill him, period."
Jacob is an obvious villain, and you kill him anyway. The beauty of the series is that these villains can be understood / justified. Even Eredin. From the point of view of the people of Aen Eile, he is their savior.

Suspicions began about Yakov when he started talking about White Cold. Just a little earlier, I connected Triss's information that Alvin could move in time (after his disappearance at the end of chapter 4) with hints from the king of DO in the Suburbs, when he said something like "you will lose the one who is dear to you, who is so close and far at the same time, a wanderer in time ", I will not give an exact quote). Then I was finally convinced of this.
The character was a pity, perhaps. He did not share his views, such goals do not justify the means, he just became attached to him during the game. I liked the dialogues with him, when Geralt played the role of a wise mentor. Although the kid was originally still that asshole, selfish and capricious. Suffice it to recall his reaction to the death of his adoptive stepmother at the very beginning of the game, in the first tavern.

Oleg V. There
is one acquaintance with dark blond hair, whose wife assured him that in his youth he was blond. And if you google, then for sure there is information about the natural change in hair color.

O
Oleg V 12.11.21

Wild Rider
"natural" change in hair color is mainly due to diseases / improper functioning of internal organs, such disorders lead to lightening of dark hair, and not vice versa ...

i
iNfantry 144Hz 12.11.21

I read like all the parts about The Witcher, but nowhere seems to have mentioned about Jacob. Or is it already in the 1st part of the game? Alvin, as I understand from the comments, is he?

W
Wild rider 12.11.21

Oleg V
I will not continue to argue and breed flood. During puberty, melanin can be produced more intensively. If you google it, you will understand that people are faced with this.

iNfantry Noob
Yes, Alvina and Jacob came up with Projects in the first part of the game. Not mentioned in the second and rarely in the third.

"Alvin, as I understood from the comments, is he?"
Fierce spoiler, sorry.

S
San226 12.11.21

Wild Rider
Ciri crossed paths with Nimue (a character from the Lady of the Lake), who lived 100-150 years after the pogrom in Rivia ... And here it is worth noting that the Lady of the Lake personally opened a spatial portal for Ciri to direct her to the right place - not sickly ? those. Nimue herself possessed the knowledge and skills that allowed her to move between worlds (like elves from the Alder people), but not time ... given Nimue's obsession with the legend of Geralt (which she herself admits), she could calmly move at the right time so that fill in the gaps in history. The lake, near which Nimue retired with the Fisher King, is obviously in some kind of parallel universe from the one where the main events of the book take place.
And about traveling to "our" world, when it was the Middle Ages (Galahad, King Arthur, well, I understood ...) and when it was the 19th or 20th century, it is not a fact that it is the same universe. And in these parallel universes there is a passage of time, which is clearly indicated by the fact that people who were abducted by the Wild Hunt, returning to their world, found the graves of their children who died of old age.

PS / In short, when the authors begin to muddle with space and time, the logic breaks down anyway, and you can fence in as many assumptions as you like))) I think that even Pan Sapkowski himself did not fully understand his theory in his head! Perhaps this is the only logical conclusion that can be drawn from all this)))