3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
JIord22222 12.11.21 07:24 pm

Melee weapon. (XCOM 2)

In short, the rangers now have a fire weapon (thermal cutter or something like that) that sets fire to. Will there be more improvements to swords or is this the last one?
14 Comments
Sort by:
k
kolshikk 12.11.21

JIord22222
There will be all swords from DMC and God of war)))

M
Mercurionio 12.11.21

At the moment, there are only 3 tiers (or technology levels). Simple, arc (it stuns), thermal cutter (ignites). As an option, I use it myself, the dude posted a mod for katanas on the incentive. This is an alternative to the standard ones with slightly different characteristics (less damage, but more crit chance and mobility).

J
JIord22222 12.11.21

Mercurionio
thus turns out to be a level 3 small arms much more powerful than swords. The ranger comes out useless, it is better to give a level 3 rifle.

N
Negih 12.11.21

JIord22222
In general, yes, BUT! I have 1 ranger (naturally swinging) killed 6 people in 1 move ... so think about how "useless" he is. HP all had from 4 to 7. After which it successfully withstood the missile bombardment, maybe incl. invulnerability (such a perk)

M
Mercurionio 12.11.21

JIord22222
Obviously, do not fumble))) The
trick of the swordsman is that he can kill the target 100%, while ignoring the overwatch and is able to ignore the first shot on his own. The shotgun / rifle is better than the ghost, as it can thus kill the target from the flank and stay safe.

H
HAEMHIK 12.11.21

Mercurionio
Mouton cannot be killed with a sword, he has a "counterattack" skill, so by the middle to the end of the game the ranger loses its effectiveness

N
Negih 12.11.21

HAEMHIK
By the end of the game, Mouton is not perceived as an enemy, since he is killed in half a turn by one fighter. Here are all sorts of bastards for 15 - 30 hp, yes - they strain. In addition, Mouton does not always counterattack and I am interested to know what determines

M
Mercurionio 12.11.21

HAEMHIK
Negih
If you attack him from behind in relation to how he is initially, then there will be no counterattack. He also does not attack under disorientation / panic and other controls. As for the swordsman, the arc blade has a fairly high chance of debuffs. Plus, it's a 100% hit, so it won't be difficult to finish off the annoying codex. And the reaper is a cheating ability. If you don't know how to train swordsmen, then why speak for everyone so soon?
And the muton really loses its relevance towards the middle of the game. There it is much more dangerous to fight with the Andromedons and Archons.

N
Negih 12.11.21

Mercurionio
Oh thanks. I will know about the back

N
Negih 12.11.21

Mercurionio
Checked with mutons - walked around from the back, still counterattacks. Checked when he was hiding behind the fence. I ran up from all sides. Then the same way, but already when the fence was gone. So it is not yet clear what is needed for this.
PS. Doesn't answer about under the effects, yes - most likely. But now, only if I check, maybe there is a catch.

M
Mercurionio 12.11.21

Negih
checked it yesterday. Initially looking in one direction. He ran up with his swordsman from the other side, he turned 180 degrees. As a result, crit by 6 hp (plus 2 armor). Perhaps something else influenced me, but it works right from my back.

k
killerbot 12.11.21

Mercurionio
with what joy 100%? there are 70 mostly

M
Mercurionio 12.11.21

killerbot
I talked about the reaper. There the first hit is guaranteed, and then it is very high, I usually have 90+, except for the archons with less madness.
Katanas, by the way, are very popular. There is 100% hit, but less damage. This is true, by the way.

z
z8TiREX8z 12.11.21

JIord22222 The ranger is
not useless, his sword is useless, but he gave him a shotgun in his hands, so he will come running at close range, shoot twice and run away into the bargain.