3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 12.11.21 07:36 pm

Trilogy Impressions (Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy)

share your opinions, are you satisfied with this reissue?
127 Comments
Sort by:
N
NegativePolygon 12.11.21

I'm not happy and generally upset, I don't know how I will play this trilogy

I
InboxM 12.11.21

Didn't play personally. However, even without this, the videos with game processes were enough for me to understand that the players are outright hack.
UPD So I tried the whole thing myself. Naturally I took the folk version.
The overall picture is gray, it did not delight me, it caused more disgust and laughter.
On the pros:
The general visual of the environment looks nice, but this is the maximum.
Briefly : - lighting, there are no shadows.
-high-resolution textures of the environment and reflections on surfaces and on the body of cars.
-light from headlights and lanterns at night, all this creates a good picture as a whole.
-volume clouds .... well, or their semblance, at least the effect of the sun is generally not bad.
- drawing distance is better, but a moot point.
-particle effects are better.
- some gameplay mechanics from the mobile version of the game.
Cons:
-cut soundtrack.
- clumsy layout of control on a PC -
low-bitrate audio tracks, the quality of which is better in the classic version.
- 3D character models are disfigured, and some have been mocked in their best shape.
-Drawing range on UE 4 can be much better, without loading in front of the players' noses.
- The transition to UE 4 was also supposed to help to abandon the "system of interiors" of the
system
-3D transport models were left low-poly, 3D models of the environment here and corny did not smooth the edges and corners of the terrain models, as well as some weapon models leave much to be desired.
-SA looks well too dark, which makes it difficult to see the faces of the characters.
- haze and fog were removed in SA. In the classic version, due to this and the low distance of the infusion, the effect of a large-scale state was achieved.
-in SA there are a lot of bugs with 3D character models, many of which have already been seen. Some of the bugs are in 3-ke and VS.
-Optimization of all 3 games is disgusting, the games do not have such graphical bells and whistles that would require 16 GB of RAM, a multi-threaded processor, while all games manage to freeze and drop FPS on good systems.
Quite gray impressions, to tell the truth I am an oldfag, I played enough in my time in the classics. I would also pass the remasters with pleasure if they looked much better. Didn't build expectations, turned a blind eye to many things, like physics and animation, which in truth could have been done better. But what they did with the classics is really strange. Hence another opinion. Groove Street Games does not have a good game designer. and the whole team can be seen so-so. Well, if one thing looks good, well, maybe even good, then why other elements of the games look disgusting? It is foolish to blame the developers themselves, because. Rockstar Games chose the wrong team to develop.
Verdict: a product of dubious, low quality, I do not recommend purchasing, the most popular version for review.

I
IngwardIn 12.11.21

Fluently watched videos:
-In the third part and va moments you forget that this is a remaster. You remember at night, indoors, in rainy weather, or when you look at these cartoon characters.
It's funny that some of the characters are just soapy.
-In SA, the remaster is immediately visible, in fact, the lighting and color change are visible immediately, there is a feeling as if they worked on SA more, perhaps the feeling is false.
The impression is not the best, it could have been better, but in some places the picture pleases the eye.
Something at the level of enthusiastic modders, maybe a little worse. So the litigation with the modders was not in vain.

T
Toreno 12.11.21

While playing Weiss and Sun.
From the pros: beautiful.
Of the general minuses: the FPS drops unpredictably sharply, the transport spawns before our eyes, it is very noticeable how low-quality textures change to better ones when approaching them.
In Weiss, the improved physics of transport applies only to the car that the player controls, other cars have not lost the ability to turn 90 degrees without slowing down.
I noticed that keystrokes are often ignored (almost all the time the GG gets into the car only after the second press of F)
The toughest thing that I noticed in the "helicopter mission" is the new control of flying vehicles. It is noticeable that the developers themselves did not test it. Climb - LMB, descent - RMB. The ability to turn in place with the tail rotor disappeared somewhere.
The same great management is used in San Andreas. He did not rape himself with a helicopter, it is still possible to fly on an airplane.
The most interesting thing began when testing the jetpack.
Obviously, the monkeys from, sorry for the mate, var drum studios have forgotten that the jetpack combines the features of a flying vehicle and walking on foot. Thus, it is possible to fly normally in a jetpack when you do not have a weapon in your hands that can be used while wearing a jetpack. If you take an Uzi in your hands, then when you press RMB, the sight turns on, and LMB from "climb" will turn into "shoot", and the jetpack begins to decrease. With a weapon in hand, the PKM as "altitude reduction" no longer works, and you have to wait for the altitude to slowly decrease by itself under the influence of gravity.
For the killed management a huge minus.
I hope that they will fix it, if not, you will have to make a refund and forget the classic GTA :(

D
Danny Lamb 12.11.21

I had no idea how it could be done so badly.

VC:
All female characters are terrible, except for Mercedes (which doesn't have a mouth, but has lips floating on top of a plastic face). Candy Sachs is now a monster. Lance, Ken Rosenberg - The Sims guys. Overexposed and perfectly clear water. It is especially noticeable when flying in a helicopter, when all the water is a white luminous something. Broken lighting in many scenes. Lance doesn't have his hands on the steering wheel. Lance's white car now resembles the last season's Fortnite car.

SA
In SA, the effects of heat, fog, haze disappeared and the whole world began to look very compact / miniature. Those. no aerial perspective at all. Some characters no longer blind their eyes. I will not even talk about outstretched arms when riding bikes, etc. The female characters, except for the black girl on CJ's team, have become even scarier than they were in the original.
Some clothes are now NOT drawn on the character, but are 3D. Its OK.
The same dressing as in the original. I went out, went into the closet ...
Dirty contrast. Black negros turn to ink against the backdrop of new lighting.

Gameplay innovations:
There was a restart of the mission, but it is not what was expected. You teleport to the mission activation circle, enter it, watch the cutscene, etc. Inside the started missions, I did not see checkpoints, at all.
A wheel for selecting weapons and radio stations has appeared.

Applicable to all parts:
Plastic hair. Especially noticeable among the cops in Vice City.
Plasticine effect of clothes.
Broken animations in cutscenes.
Terrain plastic materials: asphalt, etc.

There is no Ragdoll physics of bodies and the old animations remain. In the same VC, you hit the enemy in the gap: he flies off and in flight the death animation is played (falls to his knees, and then his face on the floor), as if I shot him in the back with a revolver. WTF ?! All these knocking down of pedestrians with their staged somersaults - it remains.

The rain follows the player and is tied to the coordinates of the character. It seems to be hanging in a cube above the player.

There are good points with lighting, shader water (if it doesn't dazzle) and dynamic shadows.

Absolutely not even worth the attention. Any of the urban open world games of the 10s is incomparably better than GTA Trilogy 2021.

T
Toreno 12.11.21

As for "nicely", something hastened, in the original the bodies did not seem to fall partially into the asphalt

R
RPOCLABB 12.11.21

I looked at what they gave us and how much they asked for and understood-> Thank you, I'll play the original.

T
Troy_Harder 12.11.21

remaster full of feces.
And to be more specific, the lighting was destroyed in the bud, I have never seen such black characters in any game. What is black is black, what is lighter is still black.
Downgraded characters' faces, corrupted controls. Centralization of the camera on the character is POWERFUL.
The Y axis on the mouse does not move at all, the camera rotates to the left and right normally (X axis), and very slowly along the Y axis.
I turned the sensitivity on the Y axis to the maximum and still did not help.
When I turned the mouse left and right, I noticed that the camera scrolls 180 degrees, pauses, then tightens it up.
It is not clear why you need the glow of the characters (as in Gothic from 2001) when you aim the weapon, why you did not leave the green arrow above your head, it is not clear.
These are only the first 5 missions.

S
Spyder-man 12.11.21

watched the video, it's funny though. :)
I'll save the pirate if I plan to be nostalgic.
the price is also a very good anecdote, for several hours I didn't laugh like that, a lot of funny things happen in the world. ) it is
more interesting to mark the fifth part, I didn’t play it, and I didn’t even see a single screenshot on the merits of the fourth part, so, apparently, I’ll play it.

B
BDmitriy 12.11.21

Toreno
Matrix

P
Paulx61 12.11.21

Thanks Rockstar, and I don’t need this for free.

I
IlovePS4 12.11.21

Played all 3 parts. And I have one little question, WHY NO BLOOD ??? Where does it turn on ??

F
Fan of Ostashkovts 12.11.21

I decided to shoot a video, in general, I talked about all the + and minuses and compared it with origa For whom it is interesting, see

T
Toreno 12.11.21

The biggest plus of the remaster is the accidentally merged source code of the game scripts with comments.
Judging by it, this "remaster", like the previous remaster for consoles, is a mobile version, which was pulled onto the new engine with the help of crutches.
All the control oddities I mentioned above are in fact a feature of the control of mobile versions adapted for the touch screen, Vadim M talked about this in detail in the video "GTA SA - Why is Remastered disgusting?" Most likely, in the PC version, button presses emulate invisible on-screen controls ("widgets"), and "widgets" are constantly mentioned in script comments.
So under the guise of a "remaster" we got a MOBILE version of the game ported to a computer, which I consider a fraud. I wonder who gave the go-ahead for this - take2, rockstar, or is it a var drum studio, on their own initiative, decided to make their work easier.
In general, as they say, we disagree, we are ...

s
sport404 17.11.21

There is only joy from all this. The joy of the fact that I did not pre-order this and tried it out from the torrent. Well, it's not worth the money at all. Many modders deserve more money than this SEE. Not interesting, dumb and old. Rock would be the first to learn from the developers of the mafia. That product in the remake really deserves respect and interest! And by the way, at a price in comparison with this feces, it also came out sweetie))

u
ukrmen 17.11.21

I will go
to waste for a couple of evenings) to buy, and even more so I will not go through completely, I feel sorry for the time. And so you can remember the past. And in this form it is definitely more pleasant. I would like to personally make a couple of some mods, purely lore

u
ukrmen 17.11.21

sport404
believe me, the task was not the one. If you wanted to make a remake, you would. The only reason to throw sneakers in them is for the cost, but not for the quality. The changes are quite drawn to the remaster, that is, the updated visuals without changing the gameplay. Of course there are bugs, for an hour of the game I noticed a couple, with textures.

R
Real nigaz 17.11.21

THOUGHT TO RESTORE GTA IN A NEW WRAPP
@
LAUNCHED
@
THOUGHT

V
VALUE YOUR TIME 17.11.21

In general, I met the GTA series in kindergarten (I played on ps one). Then, closer to the school, a computer appeared and I played the second Mafia, but somewhere in the ~ 3rd or 4th grade, the XBOX 360 console appeared, where I went through GTA 5 as many as 3 times for all endings. Then I decided to go through San Andreas (I knew before, but my hands did not reach), but I did not manage to get to the end. And now, after so many years, I played the remaster (more precisely, the Definitive Edition) and I can say - for an amateur.
Indeed, the graphics have become cartoonish, but I liked the detailing of the cars, these reflections on the glass and not only. But the characters themselves are ... well, Rockstar did not work, my opinion.

B
BDmitriy 17.11.21

I just started it. Immediately striking:
1. Broken camera in the car - it is fixed wherever it pleases
2. Hiding some control buttons - here I generally cannot understand how to control Dodo in GTA 3 (NumPad does not seem to plow)