3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 12.11.21 07:36 pm

Trilogy Impressions (Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy)

share your opinions, are you satisfied with this reissue?
127 Comments
Sort by:
E
Erontlop 17.11.21

Spiny
well, there could be some smoke to be seen in ue 4 there settings at least otbovlya, but the magician will notice the glow as I love, but they did it in full.

I
IngwardIn 17.11.21

Spiny wrote:
The same models are visible (even if they added polygons), but in general it retains the entire drawn (cartoon) style.
Firstly: these episodes are not a cartoon, but a 3d universe.
Secondly: I do not see a parallel between the cartoon style and the 3D style, and how the angular hack-work borders on these concepts in general. Is it possible that if the project is a remaster, then you need to close your eyes to all the flaws, objective disadvantages of design and elaboration?
Thirdly: "Here are modders doing remakes, and this is a remaster! First, learn to distinguish one from the other, and then look for problems!"

S
Spiny 17.11.21

IngwardIn
Do you know what style is? GTA 3 - GTA SA by no means relate to realistic style. The faces themselves were not that angular, but painted. And the remaster stretches new textures and adds polygons. Therefore, everything is the same and pathetic, the hands of the shovel (yes, now the fingers are separated, but the shovel remains) and a bunch of such nuances. What did you expect? Realistic faces with hair? Do you know exactly what a remaster and a remake are?

I
IngwardIn 17.11.21

Spiny
Spiny wrote:
Do you know exactly what a remaster and remake are?
Is a remaster when the original looks better?

Spiny wrote:
You were waiting all the same what? Realistic faces with hair?
I see you still have not mastered again to read my claims and expectations. Ay-ay-ay someone needs to go to school.

Spiny wrote:
A remaster stretches new textures
Stretch Masha in the barn and something else on something.
And in remater they improve the quality of the visual and sound components.
Even if I was expecting realistic hair and so on, this does not differ in any way from the ideas of the remaster, but it does not differ from the idea of ​​dividing the universes of GTA - and this is ok, not an execution.
Lighting, color, drawing distance, reflections really color the picture.
But the rest is food for lovers like you.

S
Spiny 17.11.21

IngwardIn
You don't know what a remaster is. We took the old models, added some polygons to them and stretched the textures. Hair in a remaster won't do that easily because it needs to recreate the model. If you want GTA 5, then this is not a remaster. I graduated from everything for a long time and I know how games are created. I know the difference between how to take the old model by changing it a little, and another how to create a model from 0 for the current realities. Let's talk about physics. Physics would be at least like in GTA 5, but better from 4. Learn to distinguish a remaster from a remake yourself, and then blast

I
IngwardIn 17.11.21

Spiny
What are you talking about? Google it yourself, then protect the ones you feed on.
Remaster is not exactly hack-work.

Well, maybe you are not vkurse, but the textures were not just taken and TENSIONED, but also transferred to the new engine. Phys. the engine is old, so what pritenzii, and the graphic on unreal.
Spiny wrote:
Hair in a remaster won't do that easily because it needs to re-create the model. If you want GTA 5, then this is not a remaster. I graduated from everything for a long time and I know how games are created. I know the difference between how to take the old model by changing it a little, and another how to create a model from 0 for the current realities. Let's talk about physics.
Where did I write that I expected this from the remaster? I clearly described the reasons for my dissatisfaction, and you are still trying to leave the very term "remaster". Child, what to take from you.

F
FlasHXS 17.11.21

Spiny
Where does the information come from that the rockies originally wanted to spank such a puppet show? I constantly come across this thesis, but I cannot understand what it is based on, even in the xbox versions of games, the detailing was more realistic than it could have been.

I
IngwardIn 17.11.21

FlasHXS
There is a basic division into universes, they do not intersect.
I understand the idea, why the remasters of the graphics are not at the level of GTA 4-5, since this will kill the canon and lead to the unification of universes, which will entail many necessary adjustments.

S
Sergey Chuchkov 17.11.21

The feeling is the same as if an old, rickety house is covered with photo wallpaper, trying to pass it off as a new one. So in these remasters, HD textures were pulled onto angular models with curved animations, lighting was corrected and sold to fans in advance. Such remasters should generally be given to the owners of the original for free, as they did with the second and third parts of the Mafia, tk. minimum effort is made here.
And for good, all these parts (especially the third) need full-fledged remakes, because the basic game mechanics here are already completely outdated. Shooting bunches of cardboard characters with door-level intelligence is such a pleasure.

F
FlasHXS 17.11.21

IngwardIn
With the division of universes, everything is clear, but this does not necessarily mean that the 3D universe was conceived as a cartoon in a live game. Updating the models will not lead to the unification of universes, since this is far from the only thing that distinguished them, and the graphics of the remaster turned out to be quite photorealistic to "mix the universes", but nevertheless this was not enough either.

s
sport404 17.11.21

Here I read the defenders of this and bullshit. Guys 4300 for this here to give ?? Are you laughing ?? The system that pulls rdr2 on max is quite comfortable and this one, which does not give the same comfort when playing. I've played all these old games. I remember the delight that was then. Now I do not feel elated. I understand that they wanted to put on my shoes, playing on our nostalgia. People who have not felt those games, they may be interested. But personally, I, who have grown to GTA5 from the first part, really understand that they wanted to rip me off. It's offensive and unpleasant. I see the same old game in a new package. No more. And I firmly know that it is not worth the money. And this is exactly the product with which it is enough to get familiar with the torrent. I don't even want to reward for it out of my pocket. Sorry that there are a lot of letters. Really burnt. Thank you if you read to the end.

P
Patrol gear 17.11.21

A good remaster, now at least there is something to talk about on the internet, we will rivet new memes

A
Arti surf 17.11.21

I downloaded it on a torrent and the first thing I did was run Vice City, I literally lasted 10 minutes, absolutely everything in the remaster was disgusting. I don’t know why it was necessary to disfigure the game so? For money? This could have done much better and better quality, then it would definitely be a hit!
After 10 minutes of playing, I knocked it down, I didn't even start the rest of the parts.

B
BMW3000 17.11.21

IngwardIn wrote:
I understand the idea - why the remasters of the graphics are not at the level of GTA 4-5, since this will kill the canon and lead to the unification of universes, which will entail many necessary adjustments.
No, this is sheer idiocy.

I
IngwardIn 17.11.21

FlasHXS wrote:
but this does not necessarily mean that the 3D universe was intended to be cartoon in a live game.
FlasHXS wrote:
and the graphics of the remaster turned out to be quite photorealistic.
I agree with this, I said the same thing.
The problem with the remaster is not so much unrealism as in the design itself. Above, I gave examples.

S
StrelitziaReg 17.11.21

Spiny
And what can I tell you that this is not a remaster, but a remake, because the build is on ue4?)) Physics they have on the render is old, and the graphical part is on ue. I myself xs how they crossed 2 engines and what kind of crutches there are, it turned out such an under-remake. But dx12, volumetric light, volumetric clouds, planar reflections, a new ocean shader. No mod is capable of that. Ideally, if the fashion for this under-remake will be sawed, in order to fix various jambs and models.

G
GTAman 17.11.21

sport404 wrote:
Guys 4300 for this here to give ?? Are you laughing ??
And how much should a remaster of three (!) Cult (!!) games cost? You can be indignant at the discrepancy between the price and the quality, but do not forget about the class of the product itself. If we were talking about a new AAA game with a bunch of jambs and poor optimization, would you also say that because of this it needs to be sold for some symbolic 200/500 / <get up the amount of hundreds> rubles? .. Yes, the price is debatable, but within a reasonable price range, let's say 3000 instead of 4300.

F
FlasHXS 17.11.21

GTAman
GTAman wrote:
How much should a remaster of three (!) Cult (!!) games cost?
The price problem of the remaster is not that it is a remaster, but that the original versions were thrown out of the stores. And those cost, if I'm not mistaken, a little more than a thousand rubles for a trilogy.
GTAman wrote:
If we were talking about a new AAA game with a bunch of jambs and poor optimization, would you also say that because of this it needs to be sold for some symbolic 200/500 / <get up the amount of hundreds> rubles?
Well yes, hello cyberpunk: D

B
BigGeek34 17.11.21

GTAman
159 rubles for 4 parts of the game

F
FC Shakhtar Donetsk 17.11.21

GTAman wrote:
You can be indignant at the discrepancy between price and quality, but do not forget about the class of the product itself.
Exactly, that in spite of the class of the product, they released something at the price of the AAA product. People expected the same quality from a remaster of cult games, but this is not even close.

GTAman wrote:
And how much should a remaster of three (!) Cult (!!) games
cost The market decides, right? A remaster of the Crisis Trilogy costs $ 50. Basically, you expect two things from a remaster: a taut sound and graphic series and so as not to break the already working circuits. The crisis succeeded. About minor characters that seem to be tightened up by a neural network, which look worse than in the original, I think I have already seen. Some cult things, for example a jetpack, on release now look unplayable.
For $ 60, they now offer a remaster of the mafia, but there the first part is made from scratch (and made very high quality).

In the meantime, it looks like for the price of a mafia trilogy with one game redesigned from scratch they offer not very high-quality technically, somewhere good, but in general, a mediocre graphically lazy remaster of cult games, where the pricing is probably determined by the name of the game, and not the game itself. Therefore, we received another reform.
And put the price tag at $ 40 or 3k rubles, as you suggested, there would be less resentment, but not much, because a series of this class received a blatant hack. And I would be sure that if you made a full-fledged remake at the level of the first mafia, you would buy each game for $ 60.