3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dmitry_03 12.11.21 07:36 pm

Freezes on AMD Ryzen processors and video card underload (Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy)

Well, apparently the optimization for AMD Ryzen was scored :) R5 2600, GTX 1650 Super, The video card is underloaded percentage of chillit on two or three cores
I watched the tests on Intel, everything is fine there, the video card is always at 99% and the frame is even, rare friezes
The game was bought from a torrent
Share your impressions of optimization
27 Comments
Sort by:
M
Max P 12.11.21

dmitry_03
Full order, if the bunch of CPU + GPU from AMD.
Spoiler
Spoiler

p
ponomarev1989 12.11.21

Bro, where did you download it?

t
tommy46 12.11.21

dmitry_03
Same bullshit ! Ryzen 5 3600 rtx 3060ti 16gb ram 3400. Game on ssd. As a result, I got permanent friezes. FPS drops at night, near light sources. That's just FPS drops to 30! It's just a star. At the same time, the card is loaded by 30-40% (even the frequencies are underestimated because of this. But I set them to the maximum with my hands, but it didn’t work), by 40% (5 cores are working, 7 are chilling). I'm shocked to be honest. I understand that I have a pretty average pc, but it's not that crappy enough to pull this plasticine craft like that

s
smaizy 12.11.21

dmitry_03
To avoid freezes , you need a processor with strong cores + fast memory, at least 3600 Ryazan from AMD, or i7 8700k / i5 10400 from Intel, at least 3200 memory with timings no higher than cl 14. Then the freezes will be practically invisible, but still will be, since this is a feature of the UE4 engine, all the games that I played on this engine are freezing: Days Gone, The Outer Worlds, Star Wars Fallen Order.

Y
Youxyxol 12.11.21

ponomarev1989
Banned from Google? On all known trackers it has been lying for a long time.

d
dmitry_03 12.11.21

Max P
Well, cool, and now, who will have AMD / Nvidia waiting for patches

S
Slowery 12.11.21

smaizy
Complete nonsense, tk. the problem is in a specific game.
RYZEN2600 + GTX1660S constant friezes and drops up to 40 fps with a load of 50-60 percent VC, and 15-25 percent.

S
Slowery 12.11.21

And the fix turned out to be simple.
I set -dx12 in the properties of the shortcut and after that the friezes disappeared.
by default the game was launched in dx11

G
GrandRussia79 12.11.21

Slowery
How exactly to do? Where to write -dx12¿

S
Slowery 12.11.21

GrandRussia79
Properties of the shortcut, after the quotes, separated by a space.

D
Dmitry Stek 12.11.21

Slowery,
thanks, helped, but from the fact that at any settings the FPS was 15-17, but right now the FPS above 60 is felt with microfreezes and small drawdowns, and by the way, for some reason, it always shows that the percentage is loaded by 2% and the vidyuha is 0% and that is GeForce Experience stopped showing fps))

S
SVBIG 12.11.21

Slowery
Best, really helped

J
JIoRDeG 17.11.21

GrandRussia79
THANKS! It was not possible to play freezing, the vidyah was loaded by 50% and by 20-30, now everything is ok! flying thanks!

S
Streeting 17.11.21

tommy46
you carry a blizzard, which 7 cores chillates? these are streams alexey

N
Nikolay Golovkov 17.11.21

ryzen 1400 + gtx 1063 - high settings + maximum frames on average 50-70 all rare friezes are loaded, but they are all (they were carrying the optimization, but they were a little unlucky)

t
tommy46 17.11.21

Streeting
Good morning son. I know. They are also sometimes called logical cores.

L
Lex-one 17.11.21

tommy46
They are called threads, kernels are called only ignoramuses. The frequencies are underestimated at a low load on VK, this is normal, that you overestimate them, it will not work. The game does not know how to work with data streams and the CPU does not have time to prepare frames for the video card, because of this it is underloaded.
Switching to dx 12 uses more threads, so the FPS becomes higher.
Try dad to disable smt and enable dx 12.

t
tommy46 17.11.21

Lex-one
I am aware of everything that you told me, if that. But thanks for deciding to explain anyway

A
Aligambro 17.11.21

this is unreal engine 4 without preliminary caching of shaders when the game starts, it will freeze, another thing is that a very fast ssd (not only fast, it should be able to transfer a normal amount of data at this speed) this can partially neutralize, but partially the effect will still be noticeable to the eye and unpleasant. Do not wait for optimization, it will not be (the number of freezes will only be reduced, but the game will continue to slow down). it has never been, there is only board 3 and gear 5, which more or less work without firiz, but the first one has preliminary caching, and grizry 5 is also not a seamless game, so there are segments of locations that are loaded and this solves some of the problems

d
dmitry_03 17.11.21

In general, I partially solved the problem with freezes, the problem is that the game works on DX11, but you need to enable DX12, you need to add -dx12 in the game properties in RGL for licenses. On a pirate on a tablet, EXACTLY from the author of whiteee, you need to create a shortcut to the Libertycity.exe file on the desktop, add -dx12 in its properties
For performance rays, it is recommended to enable Vsyns and 60 hertz (if anyone has more, then the maximum possible value)
Screenshot from GTA SA DE, it can be seen that the cores are more or less evenly loaded and the video card and its video memory are normally loaded, but friezes can be found in complex scenes, in most cases they are gone