3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DeathColdUA 12.11.21 07:43 pm

Eldritch Brakes (Star Wars: The Force Unleashed)

I decided to then play this game after about 5 years, probably, and faced terrible brakes. The game starts normally, but when the prologue just begins, the game starts to slow down terribly, giving out about 10 to 15 FPS, which is very unpleasant. Previously, this game worked fine for me and without problems, but then I played it on Windows XP. Now I'm running on Windows 7 and seeing problems.

The brakes themselves are a slow-mo effect, as was the case with the same Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) in the PC version, for example. The game works very slowly, but if you go to the pause menu, the speed is normal there. And yes, I tried to google the solution to my problem, but nothing helped me from what I found.

What solutions to this problem I tried to use. Firstly, I tried to patch the game at 60 FPS, and it seems to work, but it feels like the game accelerates during gameplay and at the same time slows down, giving out a picture in jerks, as if I were watching a slideshow. Secondly, I tried to write different lines in the properties of the game's shortcut that I found on different forums, the authors of which claimed that these lines would help to cope with this problem, but the result was the same. Thirdly, I tried to shaman with the ini file, which is located by C: / Users / Profile Name / AppData / Local / Aspyr / Star Wars The Force Unleashed /, setting the value of the physics of the characters' clothes in the game to 0, because on foreign forums they write that this problem just arises because of the physics of clothes in the game, but this did not help me a bit. Fourthly, tried to lower all possible settings to the minimum, which also did not give any results. And at worst, it put compatibility with Windows XP SP3, which led nowhere.

Therefore, I appeal to you for help. Maybe someone knows how this problem is solved? After all, I remember that I used to play this game without problems, and it worked for me clearly, like a clock, and now it suddenly began to slow down terribly. And yes, all the components of this game are installed and the game itself is a GOG version.
0 Comments
Sort by: