3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
l
lockki 18.11.21 06:16 pm

Settlement doors open when attacked (Fallout 4)

Good afternoon, comrades!
Help, I play ps4, I built a settlement, fenced it off and put up a wall that goes right with the door (like this outpost).

When defending a settlement from an attack, the gates open themselves and the enemies either run inside, or my dumb settlers open the gates and run out to shoot the enemies. What could be the reason? maybe it is necessary to put a separate wall and a door inside? so that they do not run out and open the gates, it is generally impossible to defend (or maybe there are some tricks? or is this how it should be?
10 Comments
Sort by:
b
benites 18.11.21

put a solid wall without a gate so that not a single mouse can slip through

A
AleksAleks 18.11.21

Try to lock the door through the console

44lok 18.11.21

And the fact that the rep opponents are already within the boundaries of the settlement does not bother you?
Sense from the perimeter fence?
For beauty?

l
lockki 18.11.21

44 block
it, my opponents respawn behind the green zone of the building.
but the people themselves run out through the gates to them, thereby the enemies run straight into the settlement through the open gates ((

I still go down in the middle of the battle to close the gates and some settler opens them again ((
that they have to shoot enemies from the towers behind the fence, clear (

benites
here)) the only sure way to hike

AleksAleks is
no console on ps4 (

B
Barsagar 18.11.21

The doors can only be locked with the console. Maybe this will help. By themselves, they open up to any enemy. Gates, doors ... so, they don't even make sense, in the doors. stupidly make a solid wall. If necessary, you can always take a wall in construction mode, go in and out, and release it back.

A
AleksAleks 18.11.21

lockki
Either place some turrets and traps at the door

l
lockki 18.11.21

Guys, thank you very much!
I made another fence after the gate and put a wall with a door and a door, put turrets between them.
the gate also opens automatically, but the door does not. And the enemies stupidly stand there while their turrets shoot.

s
saa0891 18.11.21

lockki

This firstly depends on the settlement, for example, in the Alliance location, enemies will always spawn outside the gate and will not run inside, and for example, in the location you have built, they can easily sleep inside the perimeter and it does not matter if you have a gate or walls around the perimeter, or no, well, of course this happens with fast movement, but if you have time to start the attack, then the walls, gates, turrets will certainly help.

T
Terminator Sidor 18.11.21

saa0891
That's right, I have a lot of settlements where enemies respawn right on the territory. For example the Tuffington boathouse. So build a fence at least 8 stories high and with 12 rings around the perimeter. Sense zero. The only option is to raise the settlement by a couple of floors.

V
VVG 18.11.21

Here is the question: will the enemies materialize on the upper levels as well?
PS
Walls are useful in any case, at least they will protect you from external enemies. And housing can be built into these very walls, on any floor :)