3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FedulGOR 18.11.21 06:44 pm

Freezes in the game (Rise of the Tomb Raider)

Freezes periodically appear in the game and FPS drops to 2-3 from 45, they also appear in cut-scenes. GTX970 4GB video card, Intel Core I5-4690k processor, 8GB RAM, Everything on ultra, except anti-aliasing (SMAA). How to fix?
8 Comments
Sort by:
Аlex_Pro 18.11.21

The problem is with ultra textures. Set them high and everything will work stably, while the picture will almost not lose quality. I myself had trouble with this. And anti-aliasing is better set to FXAA, since for some reason it anti-aliasing better than SMAA.

G
GG4 18.11.21

fedul1234
Ultra textures require 6 GB of video memory. 4GB is already not enough in our time, besides, the 970 has 3.5GB

Аlex_Pro 18.11.21

GG4
That's what I see that the owners of the 980th ti sit wondering about people who have gripes in the game.

L
Life is shit 18.11.21

The truth is that now it is profitable for developers to sell their video cards, in which the size of Vram 4GB will be larger in the future.
In fact, all this is nonsense and the game uses at least 1.5GB in Full HD, the rest of the memory is hammered on purpose.
---
For example, this game went to the X-box 360 and there it is generally deplorable with iron, which did not prevent you from achieving a beautiful picture ...
----
8GB Vram is enough for the implementation of photorealistic worlds.

A
Aleksandr77701 18.11.21

Life is shit
and you didn't think that this game was specially sharpened by X-box 360 and that's why it goes with it

v
vitalik76 18.11.21

In theory, the amount of video memory for a game should depend not only on the quality of textures, but also on the set resolution. I understand if it is 4k, it is justified to eat 6GB there, but for a regular HD it is somehow unreasonably too much. Although it is possible with ultra textures, the game will render everything as for 4k resolution. and only then scale to the real resolution, but if this is done, then this is an unjustified waste of computer resources.

F
FedulGOR 18.11.21

Is there a chance to fix the friezes by purchasing 16 GB of RAM?

L
Life is shit 18.11.21

fedul1234
There is a chance to fix it with a purchase ... And that says it all.