3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Deathday 18.11.21 06:49 pm

Graphic artifacts. Video card problem.

What could be the problem? Now I took it out, cleaned it for everyone. It seems not to get warm. Changed the driver.

When I remove the drivers and the standard graphics processor starts to respond to the video, everything works fine.
15 Comments
Sort by:
V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 18.11.21

Deathday
Artifacts - are these dots on the screen in the sense?

M
Mix59rus 18.11.21

Maybe the chip fell off?
Most likely, you need to warm up the video card.
But I'm not sure.

T
TimKar 18.11.21

Deathday
Have you changed thermal paste for a long time? I had such garbage on my old computer, I changed the thermal paste and again as good as new.

M
MunchkiN 616 18.11.21

either chip dump
or damage to pixel blocks in the chip
or GPU memory.
what is also important is whether they always hang in one place or move across the screen. and then they happen. it says that the driver boomed.

D
Deathday 18.11.21

MunchkiN 616
Genom94
Mix59rus
VITYA_KOLYADENKO

I move with the mouse and they appear in different places. Yesterday all this passed, I started a couple of games and watched a movie all evening. Now again, this nonsense was a little, but again it passed.

I screened about the driver for a reason. I played when the image blinked and this nonsense popped up.

UPD. Let's say now it's generally strange, while I'm writing this there are these artifacts. I minimized the browser, all the rules.

T
TimKar 18.11.21

Deathday
So it could be overheating, which is why I asked about thermal grease.

D
Deathday 18.11.21

D
Deathday 18.11.21

Genom94
Yesterday I disassembled, there is a paste. I’ll buy it on Monday, I’ll try to change it, I just think that’s not the point.

D
Deathday 18.11.21

D
Deathday 18.11.21

And I don't know just a coincidence or not, it started after I played XCOM2. Everything worked well there, but at some point the screen went out and the computer restarted.

x
xxREMAGxxIxxGAMERxx 18.11.21

save money for a new video card

T
TimKar 18.11.21

Deathday
I just had an identical situation on my old computer and the driver also crashed and recovered itself. Everything seemed to be fine, then I started playing Alan Wake and then the bang driver crashed and recovered, then it started to happen in almost all new games of that time, which put a good load on the video card. The kernels, just like yours, were at normal temperature, it is necessary to check the temperature of the vidyah during the game. When I changed the paste, everything worked like new.

D
Deathday 18.11.21

Genom94
40-45

T
TimKar 18.11.21

Deathday
Then there may be problems with the video card itself. There is a great chance that you will still have to take a new one. In my games, she warmed herself almost 90 degrees

M
MunchkiN 616 18.11.21

if the computer has built-in graphics as in
i3 and5 and so on, this may be a problem and not video cards, but if nonsense is doing with reflections in games, leaky shadows and more massive and noticeable artifacts in not too high-tech games, this is a GPU memory malfunction.
constantly appearing artifacts characters on the screen, as it were, on top of the game, these are already problems on the part of the chip
if stupid games crash after a few seconds or minutes and severe GPU benchmarks like unigine haven 3d mark will do this; it's worth thinking about the possible acquisition of a new card. with my acquaintances, however, such a card works in a pitch of about 7 years, which I damaged by overclocking, but it will not let me play games calmly.
there is a very small chance that it can still be caused by the driver. but as a rule then the problems would be only in games and in certain ones.