3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fan_Tiesto 18.11.21 08:19 pm

ideal operating system

What do you think it should be? Some people call such wasps from Apple, I strongly disagree!
19 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lisstoman 18.11.21

Fan_Tiesto
Well, all sorts of apple trees consider wasps on a poppy.

w
warp 37 18.11.21

Windows 10. But it's not perfect either.

A
Apokalipsis113 18.11.21

Something in between QNX, MINIX, because in one case there is a high level of stability and low resource consumption (the military uses it for this), in the second case, the axis is written in non-blocking algorithms, that is, it is not able to hang up and strives to work without reboots (for an ordinary user may not seem like an important trifle, but from the point of view of quality, this moment is extremely important). In the future, scalability from Sun Solaris can be added, for real power consumption.
Any operating systems from small software and apla do not have something special for further development. At least Melkosoft has a hope that someday they will file a new kernel and maybe something will become better for them. But for April there is no nichrome in the future: they have their own atmosphere there, and even if they do not have moments to realize stability for their axis, but it is done through an ass and no one does that because it’s too fufufu in terms of performance.

i
igoryok31 18.11.21

like this!)

no one has come up with better yet)))

r
rPeBoJL 18.11.21

the first word of the topic's title already conceals a provocation

E
Eroppo 18.11.21

igoryok31
And nothing that on the screen is not an operating system (msdos), but just a left shell, made for ease of use?

n
nickSIA 18.11.21

For me it's XP. Let's see the opinion of the others.

i
igoryok31 18.11.21

eroppo
what else do you want?)

E
Eroppo 18.11.21

igoryok31 it
turns out something like "the best OS is an explorer !!!" ))

i
igoryok31 18.11.21

eroppo
oh you did not understand my hint, I originally wanted to say about DOS, just the DOS screen would not have been so bright!) but here is someone who remembers he will understand!)

r
requiemmm 18.11.21

The ideal operating system is an operating system that simply does not exist for the user. Everything works for him and that's it. So that he might not remember about updates, blue / black screens, drivers after installation. Such is the ideal. Everything works on its own, without distracting the user to all sorts of garbage, even if he tries to start Wolfenstein3D on the top ten - the port swings in the background, updates and everything starts. At the same time, for those who like to rummage through the guts, everything is available in a different mode.

V
Vanya Rygalov 18.11.21

Fan_Tiesto
I strongly disagree!
Dude, thanks for the idea. When Rygalov gets tired, I will change it to "I strongly disagree!"

M
Melshlemming 18.11.21

Vanya Rygalov
When Rygalov gets tired, I will change him to Otryzhkin

V
Vanya Rygalov 18.11.21

MelShlemming
Very ... very original and even a little bit funny. The creativity is off the charts. Heh, heh ...

M
MunchkiN 616 18.11.21

so that it was with a minimalist pitch design but supported multi-display of the desktop both through GPU acceleration and through the cpu. so that tama was convenient with displaying on many screens and there was support for many display drivers in one desktop.
the folder tree is similar to that of Windows and the file manager. It is good that it supports many addressing bits for hard drives and convenient partitioning and array creation on the fly. so as not to load the hard drive atoms, it is a weak point in the pitches. I'm tired of waiting for the system to see the contents of a folder with 40,000 files. would have a kernel compatible with all 16-64-bit applications and expand without problems with the help of third-party libraries for deep virtualization so that all sorts of pragrams could be driven. and for this she does not need to have a single executive core, oddly enough waxing it must be magical.

V
Vaipen 18.11.21

The most normal system was on the Spectrum. A clean slave desk, no need to worry about all kinds of directives, libraries and viruses. Not any bugs and lags, because he could run only one program at a time. In general, the simplest is the most reliable, because something cannot break and there is nothing to break.

E
Esthetix 18.11.21

Fan_Tiesto
Disk Operating System perfect system without any garbage

m
masha 18.11.21

In a good operating system, everything should be like in Windows.
For example, an android shit, all through the ass, some kind of caches, some garbage, memory problems, full accesses, shit.

S
Sidorovich 18.11.21

There can be no ideal operating system, you always have to make a compromise in favor of performance, security, realtime or something else.

But in fact, performance is primarily the performance of application programs, if you need maximum performance of application software, Linux and other Unix-like ones can win here, due to the great possibilities for cutting and customizing the system (all system modules can be rebuilt not just for a certain architecture, but also for a specific processor).

In the case of games and other 3D applications, Windows is now the best choice, since drivers for video cards are best sharpened for it.

For a simple user who does not want to bother and configure antiviruses, the same MacOS can be a good choice, as well as for people who work with photos and sound thanks to a specific hardware that is well integrated with the system.

And if it happens in a machine tool at a factory, then even DOS can still work there (if the machine is not the first freshness), or another real-time OS

If the question is about security, then again Linux and Mandatory access control

In general, the curve is not OS, but the hands of the person who sets it up in most cases. A well-tuned Windows may not reinstall and work stably for years.