3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vitalik76 18.11.21 09:55 pm

[Spoilers] Rise of the Tomb Raider

Actually stuck at this place. After the usual battle with him comes the masochistic battle "QTE", made in the form of guess which button and when to press. At first, everything is fine, the game reports that you need to press the evasion "C", but then, when a gray circle appears with an exclamation mark in the middle, which button to press is not written. Logically, I tried to press the melee "F", but the game does not react to this button in any way. Who passed this place, what button did you have to press?
15 Comments
Sort by:
v
vitalik76 18.11.21

You might think that the local naive gamers could not have imagined that with the main enemy, who was known from the very beginning of the game, wow, surprise, they would have to fight at the end. Indeed, just a mega-intrigue. Level 99 story twist. What's the spoiler about having to fight the boss at the end? Well, it’s like Tomb Raider, it’s always like that.

On the merits of the question, someone will prompt or no one has passed the game?

v
vitalik76 18.11.21

It is clear, therefore, no one went to the PC game, and everyone comes in basically just to fart into a puddle. And no one explained what the spoiler was. Really the obscenity thought that at the end of the game with the main enemy there would be no final battle, but there would be a wedding?

S
StarDNikolaevich 18.11.21

In the original game of 2013, these QTE scenes were often encountered and literally after a couple of such scenes at the very beginning of the game (training), any player knew at what sign which key on the keyboard to press. I don’t think that in this game it was somehow different, it was just necessary to be a little more careful during the passage, that's all.

v
vitalik76 18.11.21

Perhaps in 2013 I knew it, but I forgot. I even watched the passage, but it was from the console, there was a prompt at the moment the gray circle appeared, to press the "Y" button, but I did not see the prompt on the PC. Maybe someone knows, in the default layout, the "Y" button from the console performs what action, is it melee, use it or something?

E
Evgeniy_Dyakov 18.11.21

Similarly stuck in the final battle. This is a developer bug. In the version on the console, at this moment you need to press Y (while in the game settings for the gamepad, Y means "melee attack / finishing off"). In the PC version, the F key is responsible for this.

It's amazing how a game with such a fatal bug could be released for sale.

v
vitalik76 18.11.21

The first thing I tried to press was the F key, i.e. close combat. I have not changed the layout of this button. Weird. But for some reason it doesn't work. So, it turns out that it is in principle impossible to go through the game completely on the PC? But why, then, are there no similar questions on the Internet, everyone cannot get through, but everyone is silent, no one confesses, everyone is ashamed?

E
Evgeniy_Dyakov 18.11.21

It surprised me too. Although, since the release of the game on PC (January 28), only 5 days have passed, of which only 2 are days off. And given the modest sales compared to the console version, I think very few people managed to go through it to the end. Let's wait another week.

And there maybe the developers will release an update.

v
vitalik76 18.11.21

However, this is the twist. Well, okay, in principle, I watched this minute of the gameplay in the passage on YouTube. But the very fact of this crying outrage is saddening.

PS As far as I remember, there are only two such QTE-scenes in the whole game - the first was somewhere at the beginning and I passed it, and the second was buggy in the final.

M
ManowaR 18.11.21

Passed without problems, failed to press 2 times, on 3 all the rules, you need to get there on time. I finished the game today, if you need proofs, please contact.

v
vitalik76 18.11.21

Duc, when is it on time? While the circle is gray? I pressed F at this time, so it immediately turns red after pressing the button and hello.

M
ManowaR 18.11.21

vitalik76
Do not press right away, at the end, when the circle reaches the center. In short, try to press at different times.

E
Evgeniy_Dyakov 18.11.21

ManowaR Indeed
, you need to press F at exactly the moment when the big circle closes. I take my indignation back :)
Thanks for the advice!

s
saa0891 18.11.21

vitalik76

I don't know what kind of problem you have, I went through the first time, by the way, QTE is just several times less than in TR2013, which is very pleasing.

I pressed F at this time, so it immediately turns red after pressing the button and hello.

It is interesting that up to this point you have never done finishing blows, and did not understand how they work, how did you play then, because it is a nice thing to dodge an attack and stick an arrow in your head, shoot point-blank from a machine gun, and make a control in the head.

v
vitalik76 18.11.21

saa0891
Yes, very happy. However, on consoles the prompt "Y" appears at the moment the button is pressed, but not on the computer.

About finishing blows. There it is somewhat different. If the enemy has been dealt enough damage, a red icon appears above him. It remains only to come up and press "F". There is no need to wait for anything. It's just that during the entire time there is an icon above the enemy, you can come up and press melee.

s
saa0891 18.11.21

vitalik76

However, the prompt "Y" appears on the consoles at the moment you need to press the button, but not on the computer.

The moment that you described, there you need to press two buttons, and one of them is not shown, the second is by default F, that is, when a circle appears, so it's clear here.

At the expense of the blows, I wrote above, there are not only finishing moves when the enemy is stunned, but there is also a dodge, the C key, and after that you do the finishing move, the F key (just when a circle appears that decreases and you need to press at the moment when the large circle narrows to small), it can be used on any enemies, even thick ones with the appropriate pumped up abilities.