3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
WНOAMI 18.11.21 10:15 pm

Should you build an 8300 based gaming pc?

In general, the question is: is it worth taking an 8300+ motherboard of the asus m5a97 r2.0 type + an optima-type cooler to drive it to 4.4 / 4.5, or take an i5 without a budget motherboard? After looking through a bunch of game tests, I could not make a choice, in some games fx reaches the level of i7 and in some it merges i3
12 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 18.11.21

I myself have been thinking for a long time about the issue of building a certain budget game pitch based on fx,
but now this question is already spent, since any fx provides minimal comfortable performance without any potential. those are quite possible that some games will crawl under 30 fps due to the processor. the only thing I wanted from fx was to get a feel for its tire overclocking potential with extreme memory.
Regarding games, the situation with their support for this processor has improved somewhat in recent years, but on the whole the processor is barely keeping up with i5.
and so, in principle, it is possible for a dashing baker to collect on the top amd, for example, pitch with 2 cross 390x or 980 and as an extreme instance if 980 without actually disclosing the GPU on the games of the current generation, but with the prospect of GPU stock for some future.
however, I would not recommend doing this. with zhyforsy punish not least and with Monica less full chd.
and so I think if you choose the limiting amd and budget i5, then these will be systems of about the same level. the only difference will be if only games not intended for 4 streams finally begin.

L
Lisstoman 18.11.21

RoleX
I recently collected a budget assembly (48k) for a friend at 8300. A pretty good processor, but you need to drive it to 4.5-4.6 GHz.

T
TTG 18.11.21

No.

B
Belomorkanal 18.11.21

Definitely any of the mid-range (4570, for example) 4th generation i5 models with a cheap motherboard (you can even use the H81) and a weak cooler will look preferable than an outrageously overclocked FX-83 ** on an expensive motherboard with a reinforced power supply and expensive CO ...
Moreover, the eight-core FX have almost caught up with the price of the i5 3-4 generations. The prices for FX-9 **** are generally inadequate, I absolutely don't understand the people who buy them. They simply do not know what they are giving their money for and, apparently, do not want to know.

W
WНOAMI 18.11.21

W3aMisterWinner
I just didn’t understand why you equate the budget of 8300 + expensive cooler + mothers for overclocking with a cheap i5 cheap mother, a cheap cooler, there i7 without k can come out on a budget, well, or at least xeon (they are at the price of i5k from i7

i am from ukraine, and at the price of fx + dear mother + a good cooler comes out anyway cheaper than the cheapest i5 (like 4460) and the most ordinary mother, to buy i7 or xeon you will have to throw up some money

M
MunchkiN 616 18.11.21

RoleX
buy then fx. as it will not grab a newer couple buy. all the same, the map is not there, and there will be no upper pascal.

W
WНOAMI 18.11.21

MunchkiN 616
judging by all the comments, it is better to add money and take i5, especially since there will be an upgrade option to i7, but socket am3 + is a "one way ticket"

M
MunchkiN 616 18.11.21

RoleX,
in my experience, people who buy a budget one for the purpose of upgrading it either pull with the upgrade so that it no longer makes sense or end up collecting something dubious at an overpriced price.
low end pitch goes into oblivion entirely and completely when a certain period comes. it is quite expected that the am3 + socket will not be compatible with future processors, as well as the 1150 will not be compatible with the new generation. there remains only a purely philosophical question - how long will u7 4770-4790, for example, be enough. but here pitch is an exclusively boyar matter and I am not in any way acting in favor of fx sa or u5. the latter seems to me to be a mediocre, already partially outdated processor for hanging cards and released at a very high price.

I
IGNIT 18.11.21

Either an i5 with the letter K for overclocking of about 18,000 rubles already ... or the FX 8300 and drive ... about 9,000 rubles ....
I am silent about the i7, the prices are now inadequate

R
Rv770 18.11.21

i5-4460 OEM 18-19 thousand, i5-6500 OEM 19 550r, fx 8320e for 10 thousand.

C
CRASHBULLET 18.11.21

No, it’s not worth it, he merges the i3 to the skyline.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 18.11.21

CRASBULLET
And how many rubles. cost 6100?