3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21 11:22 pm

Radars (Battlefield 2)

Hello everyone! I have a question about radars on various aircraft. I know how to set up radars and change their radius. But I saw in one fashion that the radar on the air defense system shows ONLY aerial vehicles! That is, he does not highlight either a soldier or anything else. And somehow it looks "dimmer" .. In short, I would like to know how to change the "type" of the radar.
And one more thing .... How to put the radar on stationary objects like the same radar or command booth? i tried but nothing happens. I understand that the radar only works when you sit down for what it is on.
5 Comments
Sort by:
f
fairkater 18.11.21

What other radar is in the second part?

Z
Zuko_42 18.11.21

As far as I know there is a parameter for the radar ObjectTemplate.Ability.showVehicles 1, apparently they somehow configured that only air vehicles are understood as vehicle

S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21

_Zuko_42_
Well, a block with a radar is inserted into the equipment:

rem --- BeginComp: Ability ---
ObjectTemplate.createComponent Ability
ObjectTemplate.Ability.radarRadius 170
rem --- EndComp --- Where did

you get the line ObjectTemplate.Ability.showVehicles 1? ?
Or is this line attributed to the block above? If it is attributed, then maybe it is through it that you can configure what to show? For example, write Air instead of vehicles.

Z
Zuko_42 18.11.21

Strelec-zmeya
ObjectTemplate.Ability.showVehicles 1 is in BF2Editor.For
example, instead of vehicles, writing Air
will not help

S
Strelec-zmeya 18.11.21

_Zuko_42_
In the editor, I can only tweak the maps, or I use the editor to remake the spawn points of vehicles, soldiers and other things. That is, I possess it superficially. And I don’t go into the creation and editing of equipment through it at all ..
Maybe the developers have created files with settings for different types of radars? For example in menu archives? Or the General Archives. But I remember exactly, it’s not nonsense that I was surrounded by enemies, I watched on the map as the air defense system displayed only aviation in a certain radius.