3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fava662 19.11.21 01:06 am

Voice acting (Fallout 4)

Would you like the game to be dubbed in Russian. If not, why not?
166 Comments
Sort by:
G
Givemethedust 19.11.21

Mercurionio
Portuguese and Brazilian, plus Japanese, Polish, Czech, French to a heap then already, why be ashamed? Users of these countries are stupid cattle who cannot learn English, so or am I misunderstanding something?

M
Mercurionio 19.11.21

Givemethedust
Well, apparently yes. English is the generally accepted world language. If you don’t know, then it’s sad (not fatal, but still).
Plus, it's relatively easy to learn in today's world.
And specifically about the fall - again. A game about the USA in the post-apocalypse. So native English (American) there. If it was fantasy / science fiction, I would not say a word. But my opinion is that such games should be played in their native language. Well, you can text in Russian, but only English voice acting.
If you don’t like my opinion, put a minus and move on, do not linger. The god of minuses awaits minuses = /

b
borsic14 19.11.21

Better not, it will be voiced by 3 people, 2 men and 1 woman will not be very good.

G
Givemethedust 19.11.21

I don’t put anything on Mercurionio . Please reread my comment first. Am I arguing with how you best play? In general, you are not writing about what I am telling you. Why are users from Poland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Brazil, France, Italy and other countries not required to learn English just to play the game? Or is it the Russian language that spoils the atmosphere? When the game is only translated into English, I don't mind. but when they are localized for all the listed countries and for some reason their native speech does not spoil the atmosphere, and in Russia everyone is obliged to speak perfectly spoken English? Sounds like "complete nonsense". Despite the fact that the Czech Republic is in 32nd place in Steam, Poland is in 25th. And they also have Dota2, TF2, CS: GO in the top games.

Is there no way to learn English in the 21st century?
Okay, "Aztalaya Russia" doesn't learn English, but why don't advanced European countries play with the "original" atmosphere? Or only the Russian-speaking population - "connoisseurs" of the atmosphere, and there are completely shit-eaters?

M
Mercurionio 19.11.21

Givemethedust
And I'm arguing with you, what is the best way for you to play? You probably don't read my text. I expressed my point of view. You need to know English, it is like a world language. As well as Russian in the CIS countries. In other countries, in the same way, they may also not play on local voiceovers. So I don’t understand what claims there might be against me.
Besides, where did you get such data? A?
On the downside, I was not talking to you, but to the general plankton.

G
Givemethedust 19.11.21

Mercurionio
Also, where did you get this data? A?
What data?

In other countries, in the same way, they may also not play on local voiceovers.
How can. Who would try and do localization if no one played in their native language?

Is there no way to learn English in the 21st century?
More cons to god cons, ignoramuses = /
From your position, it appears that localization is not needed, everyone needs to urgently learn English. Which in itself is nonsense, because localization is done for most European countries, although I doubt that there are problems with English. And the people there are no more stupid than us, they are just more discriminating. They do not eat what they are given, but at least make some basic requirements. Why do I need to learn a foreign language in order to use something? The same as in the store, the composition of the products will be written in Chinese. You will also say that you do not need to translate and you need an atmosphere and everyone needs to learn Chinese?

M
Mercurionio 19.11.21

Givemethedust
Maybe your delusional maximalism is enough? I am not against localization. I am for the English voice acting. And I consider people who want atmosphere, but do not know the language (specifically English, a game about the USA) are neychami. This is MY position. Dick you bring everyone here?

C
CERBERUS 19.11.21

Mercurionio
My native RUSSIAN, I think and speak it, and there is no need to impose a foreign language on us.
And if you undertook to localize the game in RUSSIAN, be so kind as to voice it, and the credits and the machine can translate for which people knock down money during localization

G
Givemethedust 19.11.21

Mercurionio
Hera you bring everyone here?
Who are all in a row? You unsubscribed in the topic that voice acting is not needed - only English. Are you saying that in F3 the atmosphere was killed by the voice acting?

M
Mercurionio 19.11.21

Givemethedust
Mmmm, yes. Don't like my opinion?

G
Givemethedust 19.11.21

Mercurionio
I like the atmosphere of the PG, that's all. Well, the atmosphere does not depend on the voice acting, IMHO. The atmosphere is created by the developers, if it is not there, no original English will help. And the Russian will not kill the real atmosphere.

B
Blackstormed 19.11.21

While the incentive on pre-order says that Russian is not supported at all =) Sanctions =))

Y
Yuri Pankov 19.11.21

In general, I am in favor of Russian voice acting, but ... Although the quality of Russian localization has improved significantly today, in general it is still crappy. And I'm not even talking about the selection of voices, but about the scoring process itself. The actors do not understand the essence of the text, sometimes they do not even see the pictures of the character, plus they can rush the deadlines. Hence the problems in accents, distorted names, lack of the necessary intonation and all that. In addition, the volume of the text is increasing. So the jambs are obtained as in The Witcher 3.

The main thing is that they just give the opportunity to change the language of the text-voice acting to choose from.

T
TimanYes 19.11.21

Mercurionio is
not an American language, Vasya.

T
TimanYes 19.11.21

Took the third fall from the start. Disk. Of course, there was Russian voice acting. Now I'm replaying F3 GOTY and enjoying the English voice a lot. I personally do not mind Russian voice acting, it is pleasant and comfortable for me to hear my own speech. But the problem is that very few studios make high quality sound. here in The last of us the voice acting is amazing, they would always do it. But I remember my ears bleeding after listening to the Russian voice in the first Mass Effect after English. Although when the first time it passed with a Russian voice, it seemed that it was normal.

M
Mercurionio 19.11.21

TimanYes
Open the language layout in Windows and look at the English language, valera.

N
Nighthawkreal 19.11.21

Tryognite and not Repeatur? It will be a failure. :)

Y
Yuri Pankov 19.11.21

No thanks. Repetur's voice got out in some shaggy year. Stop shoving him everywhere like Glanz.

N
Nighthawkreal 19.11.21

After the witcher, I generally lost interest in our voice acting.

_
_DimiDroL_ 19.11.21

if it does not and will cost 2k (it is better to buy another copy of GTA5) !!! Selling phones in our country, everyone thinks that there must be Russian (PS take anything, for example), and why is this not the case for the games sold in our country ??? !!!