3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Verzor 19.11.21 10:42 am

About post-apocalypse living conditions ... (Fallout 4)

Where does Bethesda have a strong belief that people after the apocalypse should live like homeless people?

There must be heaps of rubbish on the street and always (!) In houses. In no case should I give birth, I have to walk like miners (although the miners just wash after a hard day).
It is clear if there is rubbish in the abandoned houses - no one has appeared for two hundred years. But when people begin to live in a settlement, why can't they (as the developed apparently think) at least just sweep the trash out of the house ?! It is clear that demanding even walls or something cozy and beautiful is too much (not every person can make a roof over his head, let alone the walls), but sweep the trash out, KARL!
But no, it's cool to live in a barn ...

Spoiler

It was worth asking about the garbage in the house and rushed ... Idios Panopticon
89 Comments
Sort by:
k
kypnamob 19.11.21

don't try to fit the folitch universe to reality. no matter how many references there are. starting with the fact that 200 years after the war, all the houses are standing still and the elevators in them are working and the wreckage of cars has not rotted. I am generally silent about working computers and pre-war weapons - 20 years have passed. it is not clear why this extra zero was attributed, because the consequences of the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki clearly showed that people can return to contaminated places much earlier. who are too lazy to google I will say that the cities began to rebuild almost immediately without knowing about the prolonged exposure to radiation and the population suffered from many diseases for several generations but continued to live in the contaminated area. and some buildings such as the exhibition center of the hiroshima chamber of commerce and industry also survived quite well despite the proximity to the epicenter of the explosion. now it is under the protection of unesco and is regularly renovated because it is falling apart from time to time like any other building that is 100 years old. so without proper care, Boston homes would disappear in those 200 years.

D
Dаli 19.11.21

qfb
Because superpowers, exchanged nuclear strikes and fucked up the whole planet. Radioactive dust fell out with precipitation and got into underground waters, rivers, oceans .. For two hundred years, its circulation has infected all available water, pure water in this world does not exist in nature, well, except from great depths, or pre-war reservoirs of shelters. Inhabitants of the wasteland in their Chukhanism can be understood, it is better not to wash at all than to wash with radioactive water and die as quickly as possible from radiation, or even worse gulify.

q
qfb 19.11.21

Sonic778
Yes! Could! In this matter, I would be a "cheater", tk. I have a department of internal combustion engines behind my shoulders and a lot of practice. OK, but could you organize a power plant? well, or some kind of electronics, such as radios, walkie-talkies, televisions and other things.

Radioactive water is the fiercest enchanting nonsense. Water cannot be radioactive, except for rare isotopes that exist for a fraction of a second, and even then in the laboratory.
in general, it is stupid to demand consistency and plausibility from this game, because this game is in the genre of science fiction, and not a scientific

one.
Where does radioactive dust come from? of those missiles? even now no one uses dirty nuclear missiles because they are not effective relative to their clean counterparts

T
Topol45 19.11.21

Fall 4 must be played by turning off the brain and just enjoying the gameplay, because the slightest logical question about the realism of everything that happens destroys the whole concept of that world. In general, for the events of the game to take place 5-10 years after the bombing, then all right, but 200? !!!

V
Verzor 19.11.21

qfb
but could organize a power plant?
I think yes. But not a power plant, but a generator. Electrical engineering was. If there were wires, I would wrap them crookedly and obliquely on a log, somehow balance them and stick them to the engine. Efficiency 5%))) but some kind of energy.

in general, demanding consistency and plausibility from this game is somehow silly
Yes, it's silly. Actually, I just asked about the garbage in the house)) and then they start to breed srach.

D
Dаli 19.11.21

Sonic778
"Radioactive water is the fiercest enchanting nonsense of developers. Water cannot be radioactive, except for rare isotopes that exist for a fraction of a second, and even then in the laboratory."

There is even nothing to comment on, either thick or enchantingly stupid. Water, on a par with lead, is one of the most powerful protective agents against radiation, it perfectly absorbs and retains it. Further to paint laziness, google to help.

V
Viktor Ivanov1980 19.11.21

Sonic778
This will be the plot for Fallout 5. Cleaning Shelters in VATS Mode

D
Dаli 19.11.21

qfb
In the world of the fall, they used bombs of the first generations, dirty and not very powerful, like the "baby" that was dropped on Hiroshima. Later modifications of nuclear weapons are not mentioned in the game.

T
Topol45 19.11.21

Sonic778
I don’t turn it on in games since 2007. As Oblivion came out with fast travel and markers on the map, it's hard to imagine where you need to think at all.

T
Topol45 19.11.21

Viktor Ivanov1980
I would say "alternative unreality". Well, it's like we plowed the land with a plow, and lived in dugouts, but at the same time, everyone had an iPhone in their pockets. Well, a banal example from folich, take the same raiders, in fact, ordinary grimy bandits who got lost in gangs, but at the same time they know how to use computers, and their knowledge is at a very high level, since in addition to computers, they also managed to repair and maintain power armor, so the question is, why didn’t they repair the cars lying around, or finally a tank, and didn’t take over Diamond City? So this is the "reality" superfluous banal logic.

l
lokkie 19.11.21

And only on this basis, in the middle of the century, the first integrated circuits began to be assembled.
I tell you about that and talk, then they try to explain to you. How are you going to assemble an integrated circuit? On your knee? How many related industries are involved in its production? To make one integrated circuit. A whole production complex, and even from different branches, from all over the country, if not from one country, imported components. For all this, we also need a base, qualified personnel, electricity, energy, heat, houses, cities, supermarkets for staff. Are you trying to figure out the scale for the production of just one integrated circuit?
Or do you think everything just appears in the store, by magic, very simple and not complicated.

W
Wild rider 19.11.21

And I, on the contrary, have other claims. For example, it is very strange to see two-hundred-year-old cranes, cars that, let alone rot, did not even have time to rust normally.
And the garbage ... I think it all depends on how long people stay in these houses or not. Maybe the developers really should have "scattered" less garbage, but only a little bit and in certain locations.

V
Verzor 19.11.21

lokkie
All production facilities were not created on their knees - like a crowd of Armenians came and built a plant with all the equipment.
Relatively speaking, first, scientists worked on paper "under a candle" (with fundamental concepts such as Newton's laws), then engineers also worked under a candle with the obtained applied results - they created a project, and only after that the project was taken to the Armenians and told to "knead the cement". So the first two stages (well, or at least the first) have already been passed - and these are the most time consuming - there is knowledge! Yes, that's right, shovels also need to be taken somewhere, but that means we are building a mini shovel factory with a shovel.

The board can also be soldered manually. But if there is no knowledge what to solder? There is a soldering iron (a copper piece heated over a fire), there are a bunch of old non-working radios. It is necessary to solder a walkie-talkie for communication. Ok, from what elements will we make an oscillatory circuit?)

_
_Irbis_ 19.11.21

I also agree that this was done to please the atmosphere. I do not believe at all that a technologically advanced civilization can be destroyed by a nuclear war. To kill a couple of billion people - yes, to hell with ecology - yes. But I do not believe in such a strong degradation. In a couple of centuries, it seems to me, it is possible to recreate a civilized society, rebuild cities (normal, not from garbage) and even restore an industry with full-fledged technological chains. In addition, it must be borne in mind that it is unlikely that all countries and regions were bombed without exception, they certainly could suffer from all sorts of consequences, but preserve both industry and science and education. Although certain regions of the world, in particular Boston, could well have come to complete desolation, which is shown in the game.

M
Mishutka_ept 19.11.21

Yes, just the mentality has changed. It is enough to talk about baseball with a dealer in Diamond City.

V
Verzor 19.11.21

Wild Rider
... and in certain locations.
In general, I started with this.)) Garbage inside a residential building. This was then done here ...

l
lokkie 19.11.21

I do not believe at all that a technologically advanced civilization can be destroyed by a nuclear war.
It is quite possible, provided there is an uncontrolled total war. Even without a war, take Somalia or today's Libya, for example. There is a production chain there, there is no social and political system that was destroyed from outside. One single factor, and the result is a country of homeless people, even with a production chain. And with a total, and even nuclear, war, not one, but all factors are erased.
The enclave tried to rebuild pre-war society.

H
Hattack 19.11.21

They don’t think about anything else ... As a result of the use of nuclear weapons (and if they exist, be sure they will not be one-sided) such a nuance as a nuclear winter will arise. And this "nuance" will arise due to the number of nuclear explosions. This will be both the missile launches themselves and the tactical destruction of non-mobile missile systems. So, what I'm getting at ...
Here they talk about heaps of garbage, not washed faces, etc., etc. Believe me, with what is said above, it will NOT be to the trash, and NOT to not washed faces.

V
Verzor 19.11.21

Hattack
200 Years Later?
Most likely, all precipitation will fall, winter will end, everything will be settled. There will be pressing questions.

C
Cahir ODim from Steam 19.11.21

The nuclear winter will end in 2-3 years, maximum in 5 years - even if this happens. And it will appear only under the conditions of launching all the rockets that exist on the planet, so that the dust rises over the entire planet ... This is hardly possible in real life, in the game it can be realized, but with conventions. The bottom line is that realistic everyday life, technology, and so on is easy to implement without options in the game, this is both technically impossible and gameplay - uninteresting, it will be boring for the majority to play a game where it will not be necessary to shoot left and right, but to really survive, especially in a game that is almost a complete copy of our world with you ... You need to do a lot of little things, the needs of the characters, a bunch of scripts, infrastructure, a bunch of objects to arrange with pens, to make models - it's an unrealistic project, in general, and it will take years of development without any hope of profit at all .. ... In addition, the prefixes put an end to 90% of realistic details and features - they just won't pull. And the engine has long been a pensioner. These dreams of realism are pure utopia. But the gazebo could very well, but did not want to, get as close as possible to the consistency of the world, lore and plot. They seem to have big problems with logic (and especially with straightness of hands) and a fad about 200 years - In Oblivion and Morrowind - 200 years between events, in the fallout there is the same song ... What to talk about if Toddigovard himself wanted to spit on the opinion of the players and everyone else, the quote: "I do not want to waste my time and energy worrying about what they think." There is still hope for modding the game (for example, altering the plot or at least dialogues, adding or changing models and textures of cars for more rusty ones, or even removing them and everything else from the map).