3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
YouShallFollow 19.11.21 12:07 pm

Black screenshots and "noise" on the screen (2 questions in one)

I am writing two questions at once in the topic about video cards, because they are 100% related to each other and probably refer to the jambs of a video card.
In general, periodically, instead of screenshots, nothing is black. Well, sometimes there is part of the image (maybe 10%, sometimes 50%), and sometimes just black piccha. And so about 40% of the total number of screenshots, the rest are normal. The issue has been observed with both MSI Afterburner and the built-in screenshot grabber on Steam.
Second question; by a curious coincidence (but I think that a coincidence - no more) in the evening it is stable once during the most ordinary surfing (the game, no matter what you played before, at that moment it was already half an hour or an hour since I cut it out, that is, the question is not about overheating of the card) the screen briefly ripples for about a second, then returns to its normal state for about a second, and then the entire screen is covered with a set of horizontal and vertical black-and-white stripes, resembling noises from afar. After rebooting, everything returns to normal. There were no problems in the game. Oddly enough, this has already happened 8 times, but always out of the game. Sorry for the picrilated quality; so the smartphone takes off.
9 Comments
Sort by:
Y
YouShallFollow 19.11.21

S
SonyK_2 19.11.21

YouShallFollow
... stable in the evening ...

Only in the evening - did you check it at other times of the day?

-
-SK.art- 19.11.21

YouShallFollow

which graphics card? What are the temperatures at idle, at load?
There is a chance that a small fluffy animal has come to visit the video card.

Y
YouShallFollow 19.11.21

SonyK.
it turns out that I always start the computer at about the same time. It's like this crap happens after a fixed amount of time after launch.

Y
YouShallFollow 19.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
ASUS R9 280 DirectCUII TOP
As I said, this happens when it is idle, so it’s hardly a matter of overheating. Of course, I'll check the temperature tonight, but it's hardly overheating.

S
Sanchez ramirez 19.11.21

with MSI Afterburner
Overclocking is present? If so, try resetting the frequencies to the base ones.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.11.21

I had black screens in one game, and when switching to format resolution, the problem disappeared,
I think there is more of a driver problem. I advise you to find something heavy that can work on open chap, such as a hairy cube donut or a benchmark on the unigine engine. dragon mark dolina is kind of like and leave for many hours in playback to note artifacts

Y
YouShallFollow 19.11.21

Sanchez Ramirez
There is overclocking, you really have to try to reset it, somehow a similar moment flew out of my head. The question is, did the overclocking damage the card irrevocably.

G
GG4 19.11.21

YouShallFollow
Always overclock at your own peril and risk, any overclocking spoils the components. The funny thing is that there is no point in overclocking, you add 5 fps and gradually destroy the hardware.