3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
HungryGecko 11.11.19 03:11 am

One hundred percent solution : error assert_fatal on laptops when running (UFO: Aftershock)

Dear friends, while trying to run on a laptop with integrated graphics (if to speak more correctly - integrated Intel graphics kernel) you can catch a very nasty bug regardless of the version of the game - assert_fatal. This is the standard for Retribution error, so the game swears on the onboard graphics, and she doesn't care even if when you run the game on a discrete GPU. When toy sees the presence of integrated graphics, it just crash and all. I once struggled with this problem, put the compatibility of different patches were tried, but all was in vain. Then the deeper I got into the Internet and on the website GOG one guy in English described his simple and brilliant solution - Retribution can easily be run on a virtual machine installed with Ubuntu using the Wine software that allows you to run apps for Windows on lyuksovka axes. The guy advised VirtualBox from Oracle, and I, of course, the first chose this program. Installing Ubuntu 19.04, I also installed wine already in the guest OS, connected the disk anthology series UFO and XCOM from RG ReCoding via vine ran the setup and was able to put the Russian version of Retribution 1.3. She started (via downloaded to the guest OS program winetricks), but the FPS I was not pleased. Even enabled the virtualization I give you 5-15 fps, which for a fan is playable, but very tiring. In the end, I decided to do a similar action on VMware Workstation and installed lubuntu guest 19.04 - and you won't believe: it flies, as it was being launched in real, not virtual environment. Consistently high fps. If your Windows does not start Retribution, and you want to play ahead, don't despair. Virtual machine and lubuntu is your decision. VMware works great even on my weak laptop with i3 5005u 8GB RAM, if you have powerful hardware - you can try Virtual Box from Oracle, but I don't see the point, since the performance is much lower. The main thing - the presence of direct hands and a little diligence, the game will run on any laptop with RAM of 4GB (try and 2) and the processor is not weaker than my (2 GHz, 2 cores, 4 threads)

I'm not sure that this is all someone will read and someone will be interested in this, because I decided not to write a detailed manual, but since no one in the Russian segment of the Internet has not raised this issue and have not described the specific solution, then silent, neither could I:) If it be the desire something is not clear - it will definitely paint a detailed step-by-step manual.
2 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexander Grachev 17.11.21

to be honest, you finally didn’t understand anything ...))) can you explain it in a simpler way?

V
Vanya Selyuzhitsky 30.06.22

Of course, I understand that three years have passed, but I would like to see a detailed manual, if possible.