3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Ragnar Silver Wolf 21.11.21 08:42 pm

Spellforce: The Order of Dawn Question

Hello everybody. I'm going to replay the entire first Spellforce and now at the stage of leveling planning. In this regard, the question: Is there a formula for calculating the increase in the characteristics of the GG, depending on the level of the spell and the level of charisma? For example, strength 60 (without equipment), the level of the spell aura of strength - 10, charisma 60. What percentage of the strength will the aura add and does this aura only affect native strength or are bonuses from things also taken into account? The fact is that I am now at a crossroads - to swing a light warrior with bows and swords, or instead of a small one, take white magic. In the first case, the native power is 87, in the second case, the power is 60 +% of the aura. A 20 stamina difference is not significant. Thanks everyone for the answers
18 Comments
Sort by:
L
Limemax 21.11.21

Hi, I don't remember, but like 10 charisma is + 1%. I could be wrong. The aura will most likely give more damage than 27 strength, because it gives an increase immediately to damage. But taking an archer in Spellforce is extremely unprofitable due to the fact that he will have to manually select a target every time (perhaps you can somehow put him in an aggressive mode, I did not see, or I looked poorly at the manual). Take magic.
PS I myself want to go through the entire first Spellforce again. I'm thinking of trying a swordsman with ice magic.

R
Ragnar Silver Wolf 21.11.21

Limemax
Thanks for the answer. Yes, I think it's better to download magic. Moreover, I will use a sword and a shield or 2 swords. I will make this build: Light armor 20 light blades 20 all white magic 10 or white magic 11 life 10 gifts 11 nature 8 (depending on what clothes are for white magic of level 11). I used to play heavy with shields, but I didn’t go through a single part to the end - I was bored. It was too simple and easy. Yes, and he was clumsy, though hardy, and one-handed heavy swords are rare. And without magic, it's somehow boring and a healer would not hurt an extra one except for the blessing of the weak from the skills of heavy combat. The aura of healing is a necessary thing, and the aura of consecration is also useful to fight off knuckles. I think a good hero will turn out. And the magic of ice is pretty strong. Both damage and freeze. One of the most powerful magic.

L
Limemax 21.11.21

Ragnar Silver Wolf
This is the trick, you freeze and cut with two swords or the enemy freezes itself from the Ice Shield =)
As for nature, I'm not sure what to take (If my memory serves me, then this is the summon of creatures, and the summoned creatures are not very strong , only as a shield will fit). In general, take the magic of Darkness and take vampirism, desiccation and weakening, take 2 swords and crumbs, so there will be a healer for you. =)

i
ironHAMMER.ms 21.11.21

For example, strength 60 (without equipment), the level of the spell aura of strength - 10, charisma 60. What percentage of the strength will the aura add and does this aura only affect native strength or are bonuses from things also taken into account?
kind of buffs are calculated as 2% of the spell's level and 1% for every 5 points of charisma. That is, the improvement will be 32%, that is, the increase in strength will be 19 points (bonus strength from the substance is not taken into account).

I will make this build: Light armor 20 light blades 20 all white magic 10 or white magic 11 life 10 gifts 11 nature 8 (depending on what clothes are for white magic of level 11).
Do not take nature, because the main spell is thorns, but it is suitable for heavy warriors. And you want to think about the protective magic of the mind, because auras, especially if you go with an army, need a LOT of mana, even those that are pumped to the maximum of intelligence and wisdom are often not enough.

Yes, and at the expense of the duals, the game has such a feature that the weapon in each hand does not increase the attack speed, and the avatar hits them with the usual speed, but in turn.

R

Limemax
In the magic of nature, you can summon a bear, which is quite tenacious. There is also a spiked shield and the treatment of poisons and diseases seems. Although white magic is the weakest school. Well, for dark magic, more points of characteristics are required, and therefore strength and health will be less, plus there will not be any amplification auras yet. Then either just swing only light weapons and bang all the other points in strength and health. I wanted to take the ice, but there is a staff and a pair of swords seems to be frozen that only a light fighter and a white magician (staff) can wear. It's a pity that there are no magic effects on the armor such as armor with an ice shield, although of course it will be a cheat. I would like to see advanced equipment crafting in spellforce 3, especially if it is possible to endow the created items with spells from the book of magic. Suppose if you own ice magic, you can add freezing to your weapon, if there is no magic then you cannot. And I would also like to see my favorite school of air in the magic of the elements (lightning, a gust of wind, knocking down enemies, a sonic boom) as in NVN.

R

ironHAMMER.ms
I wonder then what's the point in wearing two blades? If only in the appendages on the weapon. Like hit with an ice sword, froze, then annealed with fire)) I thought that since a two-handed weapon hits harder, then two one-handed weapons should at least be faster. I somehow started to play and rocked light blades. With the same speed of 100% weapons with one sword and with two swords, it seemed to me that with two it hits a little faster, although I could be wrong. If there is no difference, then I think it is better to take a shield that requires the level of a Persian. Extra armor won't hurt

i
ironHAMMER.ms 21.11.21

I wonder then what is the point in wearing two blades? If only in the appendages on the weapon. Like hit with an ice sword, froze, then annealed with fire)) I thought that since a two-handed weapon hits harder, then two one-handed weapons should at least be faster.
Well, there are a lot of controversial issues in spellforce, ranging from the usefulness of small arms for the avatar. Plus, it makes sense for battle mages to carry a weapon for damage in one hand, and a staff for bonuses in the other. Well, wearing a melee weapon in addition to a long-range one most likely also goes according to the mechanics of duals ..

L
Limemax 21.11.21

ironHAMMER.ms
The point of wearing 2 swords is to have a series of blows, while one is "reloading", the second hits and vice versa, so the chance of a critical hit and knocking down the enemy's swing is greater, and an additional effect does not place. And if they both have a speed of 100%, then they will continue to alternate, but if one is 100% and the other 115%, then one will catch up with the other.
PS I thought it was 5 charisma, but I was not sure.

R

ironHAMMER.ms
Yes, I also think that bows are not very convenient and useful (especially against skeletons), although if you take the element of ice it may work, but I'm used to playing warriors everywhere with an admixture of magic, which does not so much damage as heals and enhances that's why I asked myself the question of calculating the percentage of amplification due to auras. Thanks for answers. And another small question: what are the characteristics of the Creator's shield?

R

It is also a pity that there are no weapons, in particular light swords, with the effect of consecration. The Palladian sword is something like Cleaving the Darkness, Divine Light or the Holy Avenger as in NVN. There is a blade of light, but its effect is different.

i
ironHAMMER.ms 21.11.21

And another small question: what are the characteristics of the Creator's shield?
Level 13, 65 kb, +10 resistance to ice and ten each to wisdom and endurance. Like so. In general, leveled shields are not very good, for shields you need to max out the magic of kanesh, well, or be perverted with heavy armor to Windbreak.

It is also a pity that there are no weapons, in particular light swords, with the effect of consecration. The Palladian sword is something like Cleaving the Darkness, Divine Light, or a holy avenger as in NVN. There is a blade of light, but its effect is different.
In any case, it would not be very useful due to the fact that all these effects on weapons are useless in principle.

R

ironHAMMER.ms
It's a pity that weapon effects are not cast with every hit. Well, what kind of shield will do. To swing for the sake of a windbreak heavy fights. art I think is not worth it though the shield and zachotny. In magic, of course, there is a shield of elements, it requires 15 lvl. in any magic, but then the strength and endurance will be weak, so this shield is purely for magicians. It is a pity that with each level they give not 3 and 6 points, but 2 and 5. Otherwise, in addition to light weapons, magic could also be maxed out, although of course it would be a little cheating

R

ironHAMMER.ms
Hello everyone again. All Happy New Years and Merry Christmas. I checked yesterday the influence of the aura of strength on strength. All the same, power bonuses from items are taken into account. Phoenix began as a ready-made white magician. Strength 25 + 10 from mantle. Kharya 117, aura of strength 12. When activating the aura of strength, strength increases from 35 to 58 with a bonus to strength and from 25 to 41 without a bonus. If the bonus from the item was not taken into account, then the strength would be 41 + 10 = 51. So the bonuses are still taken into account. Game version 1.54.75000 although the latest official patch is 1.53. Something like that

R

Limemax
Hi. Happy Holidays. I have a question: how effective will ice magic of level 8, say, be when playing Phoenix? And that is the idea to take instead of the magic of nature, the magic of ice

i
ironHAMMER.ms 21.11.21

I have a question: how effective will ice magic of level 8, say, be when playing Phoenix?
It is very ineffective, because the level of mobs in Phoenix will be high, and they will very often resist spells.

L
Limemax 21.11.21

Ragnar Silver Wolf
In Phoenix, fire magic is needed, where it is very effective.

R

ironHAMMER.ms
Got it. Thanks. It means all the same it is better to heal and strengthen yourself and your allies. Yes, in Spele, either you are a tough warrior with a bit of magic, or a strong magician with a weak melee, even considering that there are very good staves

R

Limemax
Yes, especially against mummies. I played as a warrior, so I sausage one mummy for 10-15 minutes with an ordinary blade, while with fire you can burn it quickly and effectively)). I wonder if the consecration of 10-11 levels will affect these mummies.