3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
M3tZeller 21.11.21 08:49 pm

How did GG survive in the shelter for 200 years and not grow old a bit? (Fallout 4)

We all know that 200 years have passed since the beginning of the war and the time in which the actual main game takes place. And I am tormented by the question: how did he stay exactly the same as before the war? Cryo chambers or sleep chambers connected to the feeding apparatus? Then another question arises if this is suspended animation or freezing - then who awakened the GG? (after all, only he survived in the shelter)

PS Previously in the Fallout series, there were suspended animation chambers or cryo chambers?
132 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kane_Nolse 21.11.21

M3tZeller
you do not underestimate the technology of the future.

M
MartiniHWG 21.11.21

Reference:
122 shelters were created supposedly to protect the population from a nuclear war (but they served this in the end), the main purpose of the shelters was to conduct experiments on people, so perhaps there could be cryo-chambers there, which made it possible to preserve some animals and the same people.

GG does not change, as you said above, they say it is his child or a clone - no, GG is the same, otherwise we would have set everything up (appearance, etc.), but here, as we can see, again it does not fit, we they show how he and his family run to the bunker, but the bunker closes and they stay on the street and an explosion occurs, so the actual GG could not survive. Then they show us how the GG is talking to his robot, the robot says that 200 years have passed, the replica has a variant of the answer, or rather the question: "200 years? ended up in a shelter and was in cryo-stasis since he does not remember anything. Then think for yourself.

K
Kyle_Katarn 21.11.21

There were
no M3tZeller cryochambers. There were VR cameras in foul 3, but they did not save the body, as far as I remember, but only the brain.

I also thought about this question, came up with two options.
1) theoretically, GH could have contracted FEV. Just at the time of the nuclear strikes, the tanks with this virus were damaged. And if you remember - it was he who bestowed immortality on the Super Mutants, Ghouls and Harold with the Creator.
Here's just one thing - this virus has always greatly changed the appearance, often greatly increased the physical mass.
But perhaps GG had partial immunity to this virus, or something else will come up with.

2) Everyone knows that the network will run away (so far, according to the canon, it seems 122), they were actually not intended to save people (for this, the Enclave had its own huge base, but they were only going to save themselves), but for social and physiological experiments. So it can be assumed that the purpose of experiment 111 was - the behavior of a person from the old world in the new. For this, the Vault-Tech could really have built cryo cameras. Although they have not met before, but in general, the level of technology is quite sufficient.

BOTH VERSIONS ARE WRITTEN BY WILES ON WATER, (

M
MEFISTOFELE 21.11.21

Kane_Nolse
I am trying to represent the picture logically.
YY, at least, according to your assumptions, was born in a shirt
1 luck. He somehow didn't die from the explosion and radiation.
2 luck. He was rescued by a good Samaritan who dragged him to the bunker.
3 luck. After the attack on the bunker, GG was either not noticed, or the bolt was placed, or was considered dead.
4 luck. After 200 years, he got out of the bunker after stasis without aging a bit.
Although you may be right, after all, the robot looks good 200 years later, and in general it somehow works, apparently the battery in it is far from finger-type. Although in the same presentation it was shown that a generator is needed for the turrets and lighting of the villages, it would be much easier to pick out an inexhaustible battery from the robot.

M
MartiniHWG 21.11.21

MEFISTOFELE
Robots and power armor (for example) use a micronucleus reactor that stores and gives energy for up to 100 and two hundred years, Wikipedia Fallout to help.

M
MEFISTOFELE 21.11.21

Bars.0716
If for example you clone you (the clone and you) will look the same.

M
MartiniHWG 21.11.21

In short, guys, wait 5 months and you will see everything for yourself (:
Although everything is more logical at the Gazebo in the previous parts of the series, in Fallout 3 we are born in a shelter right away, in New Vegas he is a native of a shelter or a child, if I honestly don’t remember.

K
Kane_Nolse 21.11.21

MEFISTOFELE
in the trailer, luck was at its maximum. as if. simple.
if you vary it, then there may be different options. nonlinearity should be for 5 years of work.

K
Kane_Nolse 21.11.21

Bars.0716
in NW YY - courier.

M
MartiniHWG 21.11.21

Kane_Nolse
I know, but you don’t know where he is from, they just removed it there (appearance, etc.).

M
MartiniHWG 21.11.21

In general, guys, here's a written analysis of the trailer from Wikipedia Fallout:

It all started on a sunny morning on October 23, 2077, when the Survivor spent time with his family in his house. After some time, they were visited by a representative of the Vault-Tek corporation, with the news that the protagonist's family (with the exception of the robotic butler Codsworth) went through all the necessary procedures and was included in the group of Vault 111 respondents. to his little son Sean.
While playing with the child, he and his wife, Nora, were hailed by Codsworth, reporting an important announcement on television. The start of the war was announced from the TV screen and at the same second the siren sounded, announcing an air attack. The family of the protagonist, together with other neighbors, rush to the saving gate in Vault 111. At the moment when people were waiting for the opening of the tunnel door leading to the Vault, in the immediate vicinity of them, a pillar of a nuclear explosion rises like a fiery flame. The pre-war period in the life of the Survivor ends at the moment of immersion in the depths of the Vault.

Two hundred years later, after a series of unknown events, the Survivor leaves Vault 111. The only survivor.

I
Incredible Kleinman 21.11.21

And no one thought about the gap in time?

K
Kane_Nolse 21.11.21

Bars.0716
how to drink, he grew up in a shelter.

F
FiveBomb 21.11.21

I understand that we will play as an android

M
MartiniHWG 21.11.21

Incredible Kleinman
No, because this is already a fantasy, a time machine, a gap in a time loop, the appearance of another parallel - for Fallout 4, nonsense is complete.

M
M3tZeller 21.11.21

Kane_Nolse
What technologies are you talking about? GG with his wife and child stood literally in shorts and a shirt - which of this could have saved him at the time of the explosion? Or do you mean recreating the GG clone from its burnt-out bones? (as far as I know, the topic of cloning in Fallout has never met at all)
Then what are you trying to say?

M
MartiniHWG 21.11.21

M3tZeller
+1
There were all sorts of experiments, devices for preserving only the brain, machines for pre-war simulation.

M
MEFISTOFELE 21.11.21

Kane_Nolse
Yes, I would not say that at the maximum ... then he would have saved the family ...
And if he really died, I think it would be interesting to find out at the end, and then it would also turn out that his family is the same was cloned and is still in stasis in another bunker, and their family's own DNA was taken some time before the disaster. Well, in general, something like that.

M
M3tZeller 21.11.21

The Incredible Kleinman
Fallout has never featured the topic of time gaps and everything related to time travel

I
Incredible Kleinman 21.11.21

Hmmm, then the stasis effect. in vault 111, time passes much slower. Whether a scientific experiment or an anomaly caused by a nuclear explosion. Cost-effective - minimum consumption of energy and other resources in the shelter, and maximum time to deactivate radiation outside.