3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gennady Moskal 21.11.21 09:02 pm

Why weren't the soldiers in power armor able to restore order? (Fallout 4)

When loading the game, it is written that on October 23, 2077, soldiers in T-60 power armor tried to restore order. But why did they fail? From the few entries on this topic in the terminals, one can understand that looters were raging. There was no infantry. That is, REGULAR townspeople, with weapons like a pipe cutter, knife or baseball bat, wanting to rob a store or a neighbor's apartment. So what are their chances against a soldier in power armor with a minigun, or even a gatling laser? tear to shreds.
48 Comments
Sort by:
G
Gennady Moskal 21.11.21

Alex85
and where to look for these holotapes? I only found one, near the power armor in the Museum of Freedom, in the first mission

G
Gennady Moskal 21.11.21

Alex85
Well, the country remained. The country is governed not so much by the White House as by thousands of local officials. Many of them survived. The bosses, I wrote that colonels and generals remained in Boston.

E
Evgeny Kurpyakov 21.11.21

they could not rotorcraft were covered with a shock wave from nuclear attacks some suits were destroyed because of the battles after a nuclear bombing
because there were already enemies and enemies killed the soldiers and some suits are in the wasteland, some you will find depending on the level and others in the developers room here is the command to get coc qasmoke and to go out coc ufocrashsite01

p
people with a machine gun 21.11.21

Gennady Moskal
These 10-15% they also considered mutants and they were also waiting for death.

C
Cold light 21.11.21

Legion1130
By the way, it's not so simple with ghouls and mutants, they cannot reproduce like humans, but they are quite capable of making new ones, with the help of a virus and radiation: in 3 ke mutants made new ones in shelter 87, if I understood correctly, but New Vegas is full of new wild ghouls from the NCR soldiers resulted from the sabotage of the Legion in Camp Searchlight. So they themselves may not die out due to just such a reproduction of the population.

M
MeDVeD48Ru 21.11.21

The nuclear strike released an EMP, and the power armor became just a tin can, the soldiers were also amazed at what was happening, and the angry mob could achieve a lot.

L
Legion1130 21.11.21

Cold light
Super mutants were created using FEV (man-made evolution virus), but after the destruction of the Creator (fallout 1) and the remnants of Anklva (fallout 3), there was no one to create them. There are no known organizations that purposefully create ghouls. With the Searchlight camp, it is also not entirely clear, people turn into ghouls due to prolonged exposure to radiation (with the exception of Hancock), and there it is not clear why everything happened quickly, if I am not mistaken.

C
Cold light 21.11.21

Legion1130
As I understand it, apparently, super mutants sometimes try to recreate themselves, they don't eat all of their captives, they take some with them, to Vault 87, where there were still FEV supplies. And it seemed to me that these circumstances indicate an attempt at their self-creation.
About ghouls: I'm not saying that they are specially created, everything is simpler: settlers went without dosimeters and spent the night somewhere in a dump or in a dilapidated factory ... We woke up already wild ghouls. There are still enough foci of radiation.
There are indeed questions with Searchlight, but the fact remains: there you can find wild ghouls created after the war, so it's not incredible.

L
Legion1130 21.11.21

Cold light
Indeed, in Vault 87, super mutants tried to recreate their own kind, but they ran out of FEV and stopped trying. Only the Brotherhood of Steel or the Institute can re-create it, if you look at the availability of technology and people.
Well, if it is so easy to become a ghoul, then even after destroying existing individuals, no one can guarantee that new ones will not appear.

W
Wise fool 21.11.21

Gennady Moskal
I don’t remember exactly, inspect bunkers, outposts, military facilities, warehouses, equipment.

G
Gennady Moskal 21.11.21

people with a machine gun.
wouldn't those 10-15% die trying to fight 85-90% of the rest?

G
Gennady Moskal 21.11.21

MeDVeD48Ru the
crowd? Not such a crowd. Several hundred criminals / people with thieving inclinations. If there was a nuclear strike, I personally would not run to rob neighbors. Shoot at the crowd from the minigun, everyone will scatter. Proved by Napoleon. 3 shots at the crowd from artillery. everyone scattered

M
MeDVeD48Ru 21.11.21

Gennady Moskal
And how many remaining soldiers were in the SB? At least 20, and we must take into account that Boston was almost not injured. There were tens of thousands of survivors. After that, most died.

G
Gennady Moskal 21.11.21

MeDVeD48Ru
so why, if he was not injured, everything became so bad there? There were no local authorities, military units, police?

M
MeDVeD48Ru 21.11.21

Gennady Moskal
Devastation, fear, etc. All this does a lot.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.11.21

thieves in disguise stole power blocks and parts of their armor right in the process,
they hatched out of their nano suits, cursed everything and went to party.

G
Gennady Moskal 21.11.21

MeDVeD48Ru
Okay, let's say there was panic and kapets in Boston. But Mr. House saved Las Vegas from missiles. Why is it all the same devastation and raiders?

D
DemonTwR 21.11.21

Gennady Moskal
In the same place where it is written that the Soldiers in the Security Council Were Only as Guards at Important Objects, since by the time the bombs fell, the power had almost died and there were few soldiers and those who were entrusted with Security In general, tens of a maximum of a couple of Hundreds.
And then draw your own conclusions Tovarisch Ukrainian.

k
killerBD1 21.11.21

Gennady Moskal
Well, because he managed to save only the city, without the surrounding area. Well, the devastation there is relative, important points are held by the NKR, the Legion or the sobsna House. And the raiders there came out of the shelters and seemed to come from the West together with the Legion, or rather, the Legion drove the raiders to the East, I don’t remember exactly.

G
Gennady Moskal 21.11.21

killerBD1
There is one ghoul partner in New Vegas. Raul seems to. He lived in Las Vegas before the war. And he said that they did not even know that there was a nuclear war. That is, the local military and police were alive and well. And people were not aware of the war. So why did the state system disappear from Vegas? All kinds of mayors, officials, etc.?