3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Phanatik 21.11.21 09:06 pm

Game ending [spoilers] (XCOM: Enemy Unknown)

What do we think about the ending?) I was the only one sorry to lose my work psionic?)
Will there be a sequel?
61 Comments
Sort by:
V
VirgilSouth 21.11.21

Boring ending. Of course, heroic, in the original Pindossian style, but not interesting. Continuation is possible only because of the mechanics, the plot, to put it mildly, is not a fountain.

F
FuxLemo 21.11.21

And I liked the ending, it’s a pity for the psionicist, he lived with me from the very first mission = D, the ending is open for continuation because there are still these "creators" or whatever ... well, in general, those who expelled the ethereals.

p
prodigy007 21.11.21

my cry at the end is a bit sympathetic, generally looking forward to additions, all the same new 6 missions

Y
Yoshemitsu 21.11.21

Suddenly, there was a rumor that the continuation of the company would appear with DLS, namely a flight to the Martian base of aliens.
As it was in the original.

E
Eriori 21.11.21

That's just without that psionics :( It's just strange that the Ethereals led him to themselves, considering it salvation, and such a stupid last battle (it can be completed in one turn by two snipers). Could show the capture of the ship, and on it a flight to their planet, and the ship would have become the base for the first time)))

y
ykufap 21.11.21

Don't worry, guys, because of the guy in indigo pants: in fact, everyone died there, except for the coward ^ W of the pilot's hero

f
ffwetal 21.11.21

I don’t know about you, but my ending turned out to be epic! With one mass blow, the Ethereal took out almost all the fighters, only 2 dead Russians remained, whom from the very beginning were led by the sniper Ivan Dulia and the psionic baba Natasha Kill))) With the second move, this devil took control of the psionic, and the sniper with two hp fumbled in the corner and when he was almost squeezed with 49% of the hit, he takes out the ethereal crit and saves the woman and the video begins, which exactly conveys the atmosphere of the current situation, he runs to her, she pushes him away ... in general, it turned out epic, I haven’t experienced such emotions from games for a long time! !!)))

K
Korvid 21.11.21

It looks like there is only one ending in the game ... It's a pity. My psionic also died like everyone else. For three nights the game was over. Of the advantages, I will single out the inimitable atmosphere, the spirit of the X-com of the 90s was preserved by 50% and the remaining 50% from the three parts of UFO. The disadvantages are, well, perhaps in accuracy (sometimes annoying when a sniper could not hit from two steps!), Little study in the laboratory, well, in general, the game would be made more authentic, it would be gorgeous. I really hope that the developers have in store at least 1 full-fledged addition to X-COM, it would be great. And so, the game is 5 with a plus! An excellent plot, pleasant cartoons, clear soundtracks, pleasantly spent three evenings :)

S
Svistoplax 21.11.21

I liked the game entirely, but the ending is disappointing ... Did their creators tell the Epherials to transfer their talent to people by training them in a duel, and they disobeyed? So at the end, the ship was ready to suck in the Earth? Or was the ship supposed to send the "young" one to the organizers of the invasion, turning on the teleport, and the suction of the planet was a side effect? It is not entirely clear.
The squad is assholes. I didn’t boot thirty times so that at the end all six died. Five of the team could have escaped. Before that, I had only three dead, the types from the training mission.

E
Eriori 21.11.21

Svistoplax
There, in my opinion, is not the correct translation in Russian. When the skyranger flies off, the pilot says that there are no more survivors, that is, it implies that those who were already on board. Look at the statistics at the end, they are not on the list of the victims in my opinion.

Zy And it's not at all clear whether the psionic died. Want to go to the planet where the alien base is, and organize the terror of the xD mission there yourself

Z
Zorianin 21.11.21

I never got to the end of things, there was no final battle. The game ends with a video where an alien controls the mind of an anonymous Council member and says, they say, you need to cooperate with aliens, blablabla. Then a statistics window appears with the inscription DEFEAT and that's it, the end.
Is it like a "bad" ending, or what?

Z
Zar Ael 21.11.21

Zorianin probably lost 8 countries?

Z
Zorianin 21.11.21

Zar Ael, maybe, I don’t know))) I didn’t really get into this, I played for myself for fun: I built, flew out on assignments, traded on the "gray market", did not pay much attention to panic in the countries (apparently, I should have).

T
TANKOVAT 21.11.21

I don’t know how the last battle can be easy, how can you put it down with two of your snipers)) I rebooted everything 5 times with the same tactics, beat this creature ... The first time everything went smoothly)) Mu * akov with guns flunked. The boss took off up to 5 hp, the whole turn is over .... I'm here 2 mu * aka fly out, they take the half of the team under control of the EPT ..... Yes, 3 characters can still heap this creature, with 5 hp it's easy .. but nooo ... Past, reflection, by ... And on the next move they kill this psionic. In the second well, and the subsequent times of the tactics 'everything is stupidly close behind the shelters' was sucks, this creature could not be demolished even 10 hp, reflections and miss ... corpse, because even 2 moves were not enough to kill this creature, yes, he didn’t even get a hit in these moves)) Well, the last time, everything was the same, but I sent 2x on the sides, so that at least they would hit those that two more are taking under control ... But this down (boss) decided this time this hole or how to make it there, the conclusion is that one of the fighters is dead. Other controllers wandered under the control of those whom I sent to them from the side. Well, that is, I have 3 fighters with a psionicist left. We finished it off to 2x hp during this move. The next move, the boss hit one of the fighters to the state of 3 moves, the controlled fighters almost killed the psionic, leaving him 1n hp. On the next turn, I have only 2 fighters, a sniper, a brute, 2 smelly times, then a wet, then a reflection, but the psionic finished off this creature all the same)) Well, about the one who died ... The statistics do not even seem to be taken into account , the one who died during this mission itself, and the psionic himself, the theory that that they have moved somewhere or that they have voiced incorrectly, nonsense. This is just a stupid bug, even though the whole team take a break (well, I don’t know, if MB is counted before the battle with the boss, but if a fighter dies during the battle, then there is no credit) in the statistics, nobody will be counted))

D
DanteT 21.11.21

So they are alive: 3

E
Eriori 21.11.21

TANKOVAT
One sniper in the corridor, with a target device with a crits upgrade. We also need a psionic in the team, and a stormtrooper with a shield for the mind. After the buff, leave one sniper in the passage, the other a little from the flank if you go carefully, that is, do not run to distant shelters, then the script will not work right away. And then, as the battle begins, hit everyone at once in the main one. If you have a heavy with a holo, you can hit them first. The first time I killed him stupidly with snipers, the second time I let my strongest psionic under the buff (will 98 + psi suit + buff). As a result, I took control of the Ethereals. One sniper gouged the mutons, and the Ethereals killed the main one along with the rest)).

But in reality, the battle is in one turn, 2 snipers will not miss. First, he throws a heavy mark, and then 4 shots, 2 of which are 100% crits. Even a sectopod will not survive this in the game)))

If you can not noticeably enter - use stealth armor. There are a lot of methods. The limitation is only your imagination)). If you don’t hit it, throw HD grenades, and then you can catch up with an RPG.

T
TANKOVAT 21.11.21

No, I just approached imperceptibly)) The whole next move was, well, like mine ... BUT Snipers had to move in order to be able to shoot at the boss, that is, 1n shot had already been wiped out. I don’t know what kind of buffs are there)) Well, the suit was on psionics. Everything would be fine with me, yes, if this time the boss did not change tactics and instead of capturing the fighter made a rift, which killed one nafig, and didn’t leave everyone else)) Well, I generally wanted to do without losses, there were chances before kill the boss, but after losing someone, I didn't want to. And then I got tired of it, and the main thing is that some mu * ak died, well, he was not from the very beginning, that's mu * ak)) Well, there were such moments in my game ... The last shot of the move just decides everything, hit, everything is cool, hurt yourself, didn’t hit well, like everything, 1n team member is definitely a dead man in this case))

I
IgorShakal 21.11.21

A detachment of 6 veterans invaded the head of the ship, looking around they realized that they were in a place that was both a temple and a captain's bridge, the frescoes in the center of the room reflected the former glory of the ancient Ethereal people. Taking a breath, they went into the depths of the room, two snipers, knowing their business, immediately dispersed, the first, nicknamed "Mickey", soaring into the air on his exoskeleton of the "Archangel" system, began to inspect the room for the presence of an enemy, the Kid (as he was called in the detachment) under the disguise of his armor "Ghost" climbed onto the balcony, using the scanner, he found the target. It was Ethereal, unlike those that the fighters had seen before, on his head was wearing a huge ceremonial helmet clearly indicating his position in the caste, behind him was the same device that was on the downed alien ship. Everyone quickly went on alert, two heavy. the infantrymen stood in the aisle, throwing up their plasma cannons in anticipation of an attack, "Fox" quickly walked to the center of the room; quickly, but carefully, she knew that "Mickey" and "Boy" would do their job, but she also did not forget about the portal technologies of the aliens and realized that at any moment they could appear right in front of her nose. Colonel Yawahir did not manage to get his nickname, he was transferred from Japan already in the position of Captain as an aid in the fight against aliens, he previously served in the Medical Battalion and did not stop treating the wounded in a new position, for saving "Fox" from a mortal wound directly under the fire of brutal mutons, he received the rank of Colonel, after being promoted he was asked to pass a mandatory test for psi abilities, to everyone's surprise, a man with no definite potential turned out to be a psionic. After finding the psi-amplifier on the alien ship and revealing the true purpose of the device, he was the first to volunteer. When he arrived at the XCOM barracks, no one thought that he would be the very "Hero" who would lead the squad to the alien ship and end their terror. Following the "Fox", he felt the psi-force emanating from this Ethereal, having given the command to hold on to his back, he went to the device, but then he was stopped by a sharp pain in his temples, this was Ethereal, he communicated with Yavahir with the help of psionics, he told him a story about the aliens and their curse, about how they gathered younger creatures to discover psi-powers in them, about failure and a new hope in the person of the colonel, but he didn't care, he wanted to save the Earth and interrupting the conversation went on and suddenly two large figures appeared right in front of the colonel, the "Mouton Guards" quickly reacted Yavahir, a report was received from the snipers about two Aetherials on the balconies above the Colonel Chief Ethereal began an attack. "Mickey" took off the first Ethereal by shooting him in the head with a plasma bunch, the second "Boy" slightly wounded, Ethereal reacted quickly, with the help of a psi-grab he caught the "Bird" she pointed her pistol to the head of the "Player", meanwhile he foresaw the actions of the enemy fired a missile at Ethereal, detonating it and breaking the link with the Bird. The Colonel, using a psi-storm, killed both Guardsmen, due to his imprudence, Chief Ethereal got into the zone of the storm, trying to get out of it, he did not notice how the "Fox" began to approach him, with a quick jerk she approached him at a sufficient distance for an accurate salvo from the "Alloy Cannon" (as the batans from the laboratory called her, she called her "Fang") making two volleys at Ethereal, she hid behind cover. Ethereal began to disintegrate, spewing out clumps of psi energy until it disappeared into a bluish haze.

m
malbus 21.11.21

The game is pretty simple on normal difficulty. At the end of 2 shots of a sniper and 3 attack aircraft in ghosts, 2 shots at point-blank range reflected, and the third boss finished off. There were no problems on the ship at all, like a knife through butter. Perhaps you need to re-pass on high difficulty ...

P
Park52 21.11.21

I have only one psionic survivor?