3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexander Bekker 23.11.21 11:11 pm

Video card problem (warming up)

So, the video card - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti, I bought in the summer of 2014. I played Far Cry 4, the temperature usually did not go beyond the threshold of ~ 58 ° C. In other games, it holds about the same and a little less. Yesterday I started the game, played like this for an hour, I go out, I look at the temperature in CPUID HWMonitor - 67 ° C maximum. Such a leap took place literally. I just played it - it was 65–66 ° C.
What could it be? Somehow suspiciously sharply the temperature rose.
15 Comments
Sort by:
R
Roy jons 23.11.21

Fade Baker
I also had such a problem, in short, the computer turned on for me a little later, the video card warmed up to 60 degrees, and I did not load it with anything on the GTX 760 2GB video card and did not find the problem to solve it, I had to demolish and reinstall wundu

S
Screamer9713 23.11.21

Fade Baker
Perhaps your case itself is too small, that's why it heats up. Try to connect a part of the case from either side so that there is heat where to go out. Or buy extra. coolers so that they cool all the insides.

S
Screamer9713 23.11.21

Fade Baker
Part is open.

Spoiler

A
Alexander Bekker 23.11.21

scream9713
Everything is at the maximum, except for the shadows: they are at the middle. Sun rays and general shading are NVIDIA settings. The resolution is 1600x900. Produces 40-60 FPS, drawdowns up to 35. In native resolution (Full HD), an average of 30 frames. With such settings, that with the minimum - one temperature.

t
temp-64GTX 23.11.21

Clean the dust. In general, vidyuhi can warm up to 90 degrees, without any problems.

S
Stels-510 23.11.21

They made fun of them, it’s warming up, it’s like a video card tends to warm up, etc., in general, up to 80 degrees is within the aisles of the norm, and you may not even be steaming, if you really care about it, buy a couple of coolers in the case, and put it on blowing and blowing everything is correct, so that the air circulates normally, and you will be happy.

L
Lisstoman 23.11.21

Stels-510
Yes, such a low-power card is a rather high temperature. The radiator is clogged with dust (or the whole computer in general), the factory bad thermal paste has already dried up. There may be a violation of the pressure in the case (the flow of cold air does not reach the card, but immediately flies out of the case)

G
Glnai 23.11.21

Fade Baker
1 It all depends on the video card, some video cards and 80 degrees have a norm of work, but now is not about that.
2 In different games, due to different needs, the video card heats up in different ways, so the video card could heat up to 67 in some relatively new game, simply because the game requires a lot.
3 Additional problems could be created by dust that clogged in the radiator or on the cooler itself.
Ps If you kill your room 3 times a week, then this does not mean that there will be no dust in the PC either.

S
Screamer9713 23.11.21

Stels-510
Fade Baker
I have a sensor inside. If it exceeds more than 60, the 5th cooler is automatically activated for me, well, in general, I agree, it's better to have additional coolers than dirt and dust inside the case itself. Buy additional coolers until the prices have increased. Or lower the resolution and the graphics of the game itself.

t
temp-64GTX 23.11.21

In theory, if the lacquer coating is broken on the board, then the dust could short-circuit two of some contacts, which give such "overheating".

D
DozoRRR 23.11.21

Thermal paste has dried up during operation, so thermal conductivity has deteriorated, a normal phenomenon.

A

I looked at the fans today and immediately understood what was the matter: dust. There was not much of it, but it was enough to absorb the cooling efficiency. Now the fans are spinning at ~ 2100 rpm (yesterday it was ~ 2450) and the temperature did not exceed 53–54 ° C. When idle, it now holds 26-27 ° C.
Spoiler
Thank you all once again for your time!

i
iGorf33 23.11.21

ATTENTION! VIRUS - ctfhost
Search by paths:
1.Ctfhost folder
path - C: Users name AppData Roaming Adobe Ctfhost (I had it)
2.search for a folder - Ethash (weighs 1.5 gig and more if you interrupted execution of the program through the task dispatcher, there can be several files and each will weigh more than a gig) the
path is C: Users name AppData Local Ethash
when you access the Internet, the virus loads the processor by 25%, the video card almost to the maximum.
scan the computer with the AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
programs, this fortunetelling mines BITCOINS, that is, the computer works for my uncle (as I think), in games it manifests itself as brakes and extreme temperatures
The solution will help if the load increases when connected to the Internet
look for the process in the task manager - ctfhost.exe
If it loads the processor, then it is a virus. Description in the manager - Microsoft Windows Operating System - this is the masking of
the distribution area - only Russia and a little bit Hungary

A

iGorf33
Just checked - this virus is not present. Also, the video card again began to warm up to 64 ° C in Far Cry 4. This is definitely not dust, because I cleaned it off.

i
iGorf33 23.11.21

AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, check the computer with these programs,
see in the manager which process is active, select the tab - Details and click on the CPU,
this virus is not necessary, there are others