3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LaserDeath 24.11.21 11:35 pm

method of passing the game (Fallout 4)

Since this is my first fallout, I have never played the old versions, tell me the correct method of passing.

After passing the concord at about 5m lvl, I figured that since the quest leads to diamond city, and it is in the middle of the map, then it's too early for me to go there right away,
so without joining any factions, I ran around and explored the entire upper left quarter of the map
now 17th lvl , went through the polymers, joined the minutemans, I just got bored of running alone and I wanted quests,
they almost immediately send me to the castle, and he’s so far away

and now I sit thinking, either go to the castle directly, or go to the diamond city, or go to the castle opening everything in a row along the way, opening the entire upper left corner of the map along the way, what if, walking without quests, I miss something cool?
Or join the BS for them to do quests .. in general, in short, I lose the thread)) what is the best way not to miss anything interesting?

maybe it's time for diamond, the atoms have already been given a quest a long time ago, maybe I'm not catching up with something?
13 Comments
Sort by:
s
serg5555555 24.11.21

I got to diamond city at level 30, went to the castle at 40, and to the BS at 50. Until that moment, I just walked around the map and set up settlements.

A
Arthur Romanov 24.11.21

serg5555555
I went through the introduction and ran around the wasteland up to approximately level 70-80 and then began to carry out missions, it was just interesting to build up towns and villages, and this requires resources, so I upgraded my 70+ levels.

l
lokkie 24.11.21

In general, do not be afraid to go somewhere, go boldly and open as many locations as possible.
In a fallout, this is very bad advice. First, here you need to go wherever you send. And this is in any part of the series.
In this case, you need to look at the dialogues and assignments, sometimes the assignment is given, but it is very early to go there. For example, before reaching Valentine for the first time, two dudes stand near his office in Diamond City and open a quest to find the Subway. When I arrived at the church, I had only two ghouls alive, the rest were all dead. And in the dialogue with those who meet, the line to chatter was red. Well, it is clear that I got there very early, although the quest is given earlier than others, on which you can walk.
Or the task of the gulsha trader in the Neighborhood, in which the GG asks her about the super mutants, who it is. That is, before the Good Neighborhood, he had not yet seen them.
In general, the trouble with open-world games is that the first time you still can't go through them properly. Everything is open, everything is available .. and there are no arrows where to go. )
Until you yourself are close, you do not look, you do not know, it is impossible to determine some sequence.

l
lokkie 24.11.21

the technique is such that you put smash on all the techniques, and you go as you want.
Schoolchildren usually go through. Then they sting at the bugs in the tasks, and use the console vigorously. )

M
Marshal Talyan McKirby II 24.11.21

LaserDeath
I personally go through this. First, a museum was held, rebuilt senkchuri. Then he cleared the entire first half of the map, rebuilding the villages along the way. Then I moved to diamond. Completed a couple more story quests. At level 30-45, I was exclusively engaged in the selection of equipment and raising the loyalty of partners for the sake of perks from them. At 30 and 34 lvl I found a complete set of x-01. He collected several barrels with the necessary mods, and dressed the character in heavy combat armor, also with the best modifications. Then he went and captured the castle. I found the subway and worked there until I got the opportunity to attach a bullet-resistant layer to clothes. Then I moved to the BS and grabbed the T-60 there, although I showed up there in the X-01. Now I just go and explore the world further and gradually rebuild and complete the villages. Then the plot does not pull through, and I have already played enough for almost 100 hours.

b
benites 24.11.21

Then the plot does not go through until it pulls - the disease of all games from the Gazebo

g
gbhju037 24.11.21

benites
Then the plot doesn’t pull through - the disease of all games from the Gazebo
The same garbage: either tired, or boring.

L
LaserDeath 24.11.21

gbhju
What can you get tired of there, if, as they say, there are only 15 quests?

s
serg5555555 24.11.21

Marshal Talyan McKirby III
Explain when they gave you a bulletproof layer in the subway? After what point? After what quest?

L
LaserDeath 24.11.21

Sharpshooter
Well, you see, I always play games at the normal level of difficulty (in this case, the usual one), as it was intended by the developers. I do not like to complicate or facilitate my game artificially. Therefore, I do not spend 2 hours on quests. Although, well, probably not less than an hour, tk. I like to thoroughly study and search everything.

Also interested in when they give a bulletproof layer.

A
Artyom Logarev 24.11.21

A well-aimed shooter is
still a joke of survival, which is very important for drugs, often you need to buy everything. Running the fucking king of the wastelands with a bunch of steampacks and a bobble is not at all interested. Or go through difficult firefights several times. When I rocked, I looked at the perks and they greatly facilitate the game, so I rocked so that it was not easy, and this is just giving it a damn. Who goes through the quests of the plot and side-by-side on survival at 40-50 is either tin with autoleveling or boredom with a well-trained run is pizzts

L
LaserDeath 24.11.21

You are some kind of masochists)) I just have no time to bother so much with games. A job and a girl take 90% of your life.

M
Marshal Talyan McKirby II 24.11.21

serg5555555
There is a robot P.E.M. in the subway. You do several quests for her, and it seems that then the technician Tom has things on sale with a mod for bullet resistance, and you have the opportunity to hook this layer yourself through the workbench.