3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SlashuuR- 24.11.21 11:52 pm

The game does not work at DX9. (Metro: Last Light)

Initially, the settings are DX10. When you change it through a text file to DX9, then when you enter the game, a black screen. I'll change it back - everything works. What's the matter? Yesterday it worked on the ninth, today the game is not cut in on it.
13 Comments
Sort by:
D
DukeOfChaos 24.11.21

How do I change DirectX?
What if the texture is blurry?
What to do if the "black screen?

1. go to: / users / username / AppData / Local / 4AGames / MetroLL / 410000004100000 (the numbers may be different);
2. open the user.cfg file with notepad;
3. change the line to required value:

r_api 0
or
r_api 1
or
r_api 2

Where:

0 - Dx9
1 - Dx10
2 - Dx11

with Dx10 or Dx11, if the textures are blurry, then put the lines:

ph_advanced_physX 0
r_dx11_tess 0
r_tess_ss 0

If the screen is black, insert the numerical values, respectively. resolution of your monitor (in this case it is 1680x1050):
r_res_hor 1680
r_res_vert 1050

And save the changes.
-------------------------------- You

can also increase the viewing angle.
Change in the file user.cfg:

r_base_fov 50.625

to

r_base_fov 60

It will be more comfortable to play (I play on 32 inches, 16: 9)

-
-SlashuuR- 24.11.21

Interestingly, I tried it now - DX9 is working again.

_
_BANDIT_ 24.11.21

I have the same problem. If you fix r_api 1 to r_api 0 and set the read-only attribute for user.cfg, then a black screen appears when loading and the game hangs. If you do not set "Read only", then the game starts, but itself changes the value of r_api 0 to r_api 1 and as a result there is no DX9. Please help solve this problem.

n
nestrbob 24.11.21

There are 2 parameters for DX.

_
_BANDIT_ 24.11.21

nestrbob
Did it as you have shown - the game now crashes even if you do not set "Read only".

n
nestrbob 24.11.21

_BANDIT_
Why bother to climb the file attributes? If the game starts to glitch, then it's easier to reinstall it, and I showed you how to start DX9 and run it from the root folder.

_
_BANDIT_ 24.11.21

I do not change the file attributes any more. The game is not buggy - it starts with the parameters r_api 1 or r_api 2 (although the card does not support DX11), but I need DX9. Neither from the shortcut nor from the root folder when r_api 0 is launched.

n
nestrbob 24.11.21

_BANDIT_ User.cfg
files in game 2, one in the game folder, the other in the "Admin Local Settings Application Data 4A Games Metro LL 410000004100000" documents.
If you want to change the game parameters, then delete the file from the documents, edit the root file and start the game, the file will appear automatically in the documents and will be the main one.

_
_BANDIT_ 24.11.21

nestrbob
The last method helps only at the first start, then again the same thing - a black screen. I'm tired of experimenting, I will play as it is.
PS Thanks for the help.

S
STALKERR. 24.11.21

you can play on 2 shaders even:

Lines in user.cfg:

r_api -1
or
r_api 0
or
r_api 1
or
r_api 2
-1 -Dx8
0 - Dx9
1 - Dx10
2 - Dx11

I did this, the current shadows from the flashlight disappear and the shadows from just the same, that is, static lighting is made, the bump disappears, all surfaces become flat and the graphics become wretched like in half life 2.

-
-SlashuuR- 24.11.21

Does the game have DX8 support? O_O

S
STALKERR. 24.11.21

yes, for ancient video cards with 512MB of memory but with 2 shaders

i
ivan-chai 24.11.21

DukeOfChaos
I have DX11 on Windows, how do I run the game on DX9? if I change the api parameter, then the game starts to start and crashes (on values ​​1 and 2 it goes)