3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Basse 12.11.19 03:51 am

Impressions of the game (Train Sim World 2020)

Your impressions, and how do you play ?
10 Comments
Sort by:
g
gafon2 12.11.19

The game is super if you don't count the bad optimization, but I understand it is a disease of the developers, in Train Simulator, the same problem was. I hope that this is a temporary problem.

-
-MaEsTrO- 12.11.19

cool graphics ,poor optimization (

E
Egik81 12.11.19

gafon2
They have long stretches in previous games in the series it was. And in this preserved unfortunately. Although there are those who claim the opposite but apparently the trolls.

S
SashaSmileeee 12.11.19

gafon2
The problem is that games of this kind are not widespread, and therefore the budget they have weak. That's why working on it 30-40 people tops. What about optimization, here it's not so bad, in the same trainz buffering textures is much more kosyachny, which when they occur uploading its logs. In Trainz New Era the problem almost fixed. And in the same Train Simulator optimization has always been better than TRANS, in TSW it's even better.

S
SashaSmileeee 12.11.19

-MaEsTrO-
I don't know... Play on gtx 1070 in 4K resolution with unscrewed on the maximum settings only in the most severe stages can drop to 30 fps, not less. The main thing that freezes is not. And so it's not a shooter after all where 60+ fps and give no one shot less.

v
vitalik76 12.11.19

On a computer with a percent 980Х i7, 12Gb operatives and the graphics card GF1080, performance... well, could be better, but generally on the minimum level of playability will do. Of course I'm talking about the game on all ultra settings. The only time aliasing in the game settings should be put in the off, because what the game has as aliasing (FXAA and TAA) is not smoothing and blurring. Of course then appears on the image ladder, but they should get rid of true-antialiasing - setting the scale slider images in the highest possible position (ideally 200%) of what the hardware allows. With these settings the graphics in the game does not cause the gag reflex, it is better than any other W/d games, but worse than in modern shooters and RPGs. Causing issues sound - why is trains from DLS Great Western Express engine works almost silently, whereas the stock of locomotives normally hear it. The rest of the game leaves the impression of a empty technology demos. Content in the game almost nothing. But on the other hand, it weighs the game is not a lot - of steam download file size 5.5 GB by today's standards it's peanuts.

Another of the impressions. It is not like the sky. It's like the old railway games - flat and unnatural. 2017 in the yard... Have the opportunity to choose the weather and time of year, but it is implemented very so-so. Rain does not look nice. There are winter and snow, but here, it all looks weird - like winter, and the birds are singing and the trees leaves are green, only slightly sprinkled with snow. The impression is that it's not winter, just the summer suddenly, the snow fell.

As for the outside world... It is mostly static, but sometimes the car on some roads pass. In beta I remember people on the roads go, and release only at the stations the passengers a terrible kind of walk around and all look the same. Yes, passengers have learned to go in the car in the usual way without the help of teleportation, that's just opening doors prefer not to wait - go right through the door. With the stops at the stations, passengers still come out randomly, i.e. at the final station wagons are not empty.

Regarding the sound in the game. Him personally, I have most of the claims. Regardless of running the engine of a locomotive or not, the sound of his work will still be. Often it happens that the sound of the engine ceases to change depending on the opening and closing of Windows and doors. Shut the door, and the sound, if not closed.

I think the game waiting for the same future, as Rail Simulator. The developer will be to rivet another new version of the core of the game, a third-party agrofirmy will periodically drive carelessly gluconate DLS, probably repeating them from Rail Simulator, only under the new engine. I think that this game will not replace any Trainz or MSTS, and domestic content it will be no more than there is in Rail Simulator, i.e. the zeros. Because of the map editor and scenarios for the modders themselves did not deliver.

Talking about online, but with so much content, to me it looks doubtful.

v
vitalik76 12.11.19

I played in addition Train Sim World: Rapid Transit (came out recently). Fully trained and first job. In General, can describe it so. It's awful. Terribly shoddy. Rails end in many cases without deadlocks. Contact network also dropped without normal termination. The game world is dead. The streets are empty, cars on roads do not go. Spare tracks, no trains. Only rarely come across oncoming trains, but on the platforms people are (all the same). But most of all did not like the sound. Sound environment itself is not. Sound like in a vacuum. What's on the inside that the outside. In addition, there is a single train train. The General sense is clear - the addition is done anyhow, just to be. Very sorry I bought.

V
Vernyy 12.11.19

Play began the second day only. Going through training. Now the job - Help 60. And here what nonsense - there is the ability to save remained ( I had to leave the house ). Came, went - and in the saved version of the train does not go - is - the traffic light is red - I have a bunch of work you've done in the house - and the red is so hot...
About the compositions - Yes, standing on the branches, the counter - also, only one was found - with tanks.
While I can't say anything about the game - everything works normal, although complex and not much fancy.
And I agree with vitalik 76 - sound environment, the game world - never anyone or anything, except the compound with tanks - not seen...
Something like that.

E
Egik81 12.11.19

I was in the available scenarios in the original in the Park. Forgot that physics in this game are much higher than in Train Simulator. As a result of releasing the cars as expected was on assignment otoniel. Because they started going down the slope that was there but not great from the Park to the other side. It was crazy and funny at the same time. It was necessary to begin to switch hands so that the cars are not derailed. The benefit of this can be done through the menu rather than manually overtaking cars. And then to run after cars and try to enable the handbrake to make it. I long after that stupid smile when all has stopped these mad cars. Unfortunately for some reason the developers of the scenario, this point is not taken into account. And something I forgot about elementary physics...
Unfortunately the DLC that came later, here I agree with the commentators by several orders of magnitude worse than the original. The impression that was done carelessly.

E
Egik81 12.11.19

Now pass the loose scripts, and becomes annoying glitches or how they can be called. On DLC Great Western Express. I have published a couple of screenshots. For example.

Just, for some reason to complete the task doors need to open on the opposite side of the platform. I thought it was an isolated error, but as you pass they continue to meet, and quite often.