3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mtossun 25.11.21 12:58 am

Texture Creation (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Good people tell me or give links. How are body textures made? I'm not sure that they sit and draw everything by hand. Probably from a photo or from pictures. I am more interested in how the diffuse map is obtained. I've already read about all the cards. I know what they are, but it is not clear which program is laying out the texture in parts. You look at the dds files, all the textures there seem to be cut and rasplapped. How do you get it?
4 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kirill22092 25.11.21

mtossun
Download Crazybump there is a diffuse one, and a normal map, and occaul, etc. And all this is customizable + all textures on the subject are displayed in a separate window.

m
mtossun 25.11.21

Thanks. I downloaded it, but the image is not displayed there as in the DDS files of the game itself. How to create such DDS files so that they can be used in the game. For example, change the texture of the human body.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.11.21

The simplest and most intuitive texturing is a couple of the type of substances and similar programs
like in the zet it is possible. birch wax model several texture photos and coloring. the layout is already created automatically. Another option is to throw on something similar to the body and head in a somewhat flattened and stretched diffusion form and then manually pull it onto the 3D model.
to do super cool and high-quality, finally, you must first perform a high-poly model with all the wrinkles, folds on the lips, and then, in May, it seems like producing texture maps and pulling the model onto a low polygon. but this is for ilita.
but just a texture for a complex scan of the body type, as far as I know, it is effective to close up the bottom and it will take a long time to work with seams and joints if we just say to redraw the default texture.

m
mtossun 25.11.21

All clear. thanks for the answer.