3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Matias_Vice 25.11.21 01:06 am

RAM. (Fallout 4)

Hello everyone. If the topic has already been created, please do not hate it, I just did not find an analogue. In short, my computer is already 8 years old. The smoking-room is still alive. Proc Q9400 4yad. 2.66. GTX650. Op.pam. 4gb. I live not complaining. The Witcher after the patches rushing at high settings, without the buns from Nvidia. BF4 almost at ultras (I don't know how this old stump does it). In general, there were problems with the Witcher, but I increased the swap file and I play at 30fps, I'm not demanding.
But with a foul, a big trouble. I patched the face. But she lags wildly. Moreover, if you put the game on the groove in time for the lag, the mouse begins to suffer epiliptically, and I see in the background how textures are slowly being drawn on the characters. More fun later. You can go to the location (let's say the same museum from the prologue) And there all the textures are in high resolution. Exit and enter again, and all textures will be blurry and shorter. Walking through the wasteland, I sometimes observe how puddles on the road are drawn as a blurred blot, although the texture of the asphalt itself is normal. And also the wooden bridge in Sanctuary flatly refuses to be drawn. The biggest ass comes when you load a quick save. Then the game generally begins to be severely punished up to freezing. No changes to the graphics settings in the launcher will cure the situation. I drove everything to low ranging from resolution to viewing range. I even cheated with fallout.ini in my documents, trying to further reduce the draw range. Now the situation is such that I have pinned myself into some city in a fog with ghouls and lads of steel and I just can't get out of there, it lags so that you don't understand where the wall is and where the floor is. The funny thing is that at high and medium settings with Godray effects, the game gives out a stable 30-40fps (according to my feelings) if we just wander around the wasteland. In short, I sin on the fact that perhaps the hard drive is dying from the fact that it has been plowing for the paging file for a year, can this be cured and how? If I'm wrong, write about the cause of my problems. Now the situation is such that I have pinned myself into some city in a fog with ghouls and lads of steel and I just can't get out of there, it lags so that you don't understand where the wall is and where the floor is. The funny thing is that at high and medium settings with Godray effects, the game gives out a stable 30-40fps (according to my feelings) if we just wander around the wasteland. In short, I sin on the fact that perhaps the hard drive is dying from the fact that it has been plowing for the paging file for a year, can this be cured and how? If I'm wrong, write about the cause of my problems. Now the situation is such that I have pinned myself into some city in a fog with ghouls and lads of steel and I just can't get out of there, it lags so that you don't understand where the wall is and where the floor is. The funny thing is that at high and medium settings with Godray effects, the game gives out a stable 30-40fps (according to my feelings) if we just wander around the wasteland. In short, I sin on the fact that perhaps the hard drive is dying from the fact that it has been plowing for the paging file for a year, can this be cured and how? If I'm wrong, write about the cause of my problems. can it be cured and how? If I'm wrong, write about the cause of my problems. can it be cured and how? If I'm wrong, write about the cause of my problems.
43 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vladimir Platonov 25.11.21

Matias_Vice
well, you said it =))
PS 4 - 1 vidyuha - good graphics =))

L
Lola petrovna 25.11.21

Yes, wait for the patch. Most likely things are immersed that should not and are not visible to the player. Hence the lags. Fortunately, they promised for the next week.

P
Picturetoburn 25.11.21

Lola Petrovna
It's not a fact that the patch will affect optimization at all, it's not mentioned anywhere, most likely bugs in quests will fix it and that's it.

M
MagicHero 25.11.21

And what is there to optimize then? the game flies and runs perfectly smoothly. There was only a problem with vertical synchronization when the game is kept stable 60 but if sideways on the clave walk around the house in which you can go to the observed micro-jerking pictures that decided the restriction of 60 fps through a program EVGA Precision X.
The only thing you should not put the details of sunlight so high as you will not see the difference by eye without comparing screenshots and the FPS sags decently.

E
Elviryand 25.11.21

MagicHero
On powerful hardware, of course, everything is fine with optimization. But not everyone has this powerful iron in stock. fallout4nexus is littered with mods that increase performance, but if you can somehow get rid of friezes due to lack of memory, then what can we do with one light bulb in the shed that drops FPS from 50+ to 15-20 regardless of the graphics settings. And this is observed among many owners of amdish bundles. And I am one of them, running around Boston with 50fps without friezes, and in the premises even like a wolf howl. Although in GTA5 I was rolling at a stable 60fps on high graphics settings, anti-aliasing and other graphical pribluda.

P
Picturetoburn 25.11.21

Elviryand
In both Fallout4Prefs.ini:

iVolumetricLightingQuality = 0
bVolumetricLightingEnable = 0
bSAOEnable = 0
bVolumetricLightingForceCasters = 0
And you will be happy.

L
Lola petrovna 25.11.21

power21580
even xs ) friezes torment even console players). If they don't fix it, it will be very strange

C
Catherp1e 25.11.21

You can't turn off the lights completely from Nvidia !! I have the same situation at 8970m fps cuts to 20-30 right away where some kind of light is on ... But not in all buildings. For example, at a beer factory (kv swindler) there is a lot of light, but it does not lag, but at the corvega plant and where the metro near the police station there is cut FPS immediately by 50% if you look at the light
Yes, and Without light, this game will generally cut your eyes from wretchedness

D
Dima kandiba 25.11.21

I'm 16 and everything is ok

R
RAZIEL_ 25.11.21

Dima Kandiba
Similarly))
The game I only use about 3gig.

M
Mercurionio 25.11.21

MagicHero
The problem is not with optimization, but with holes in the engine. Permanent memory leaks where they should not be in principle. The slowed down scope and a couple of jambs. Well, a year raise is generally a slag, it saps the cards by 50-60%, but graphically it does not give anything special.

M
MagicHero 25.11.21

Elviryand
My hardware is far from powerful. 2 years ago when I bought it was powerful and now it is considered average. Light bulbs in houses FPS do not affect FPS only in cities there are sometimes drawdowns if you look in a certain direction and apparently because of the rays, since if you set their detail to low (I don’t see the difference again by eye), then drawdowns disappear. The rest is all to the maximum, including the distance of the shadows, although the ultra distance of the shadows is also strange, since you can see the rendering of the improved shadows at a not very large distance.

B
Beirut 25.11.21

This is a gazebo, as they write, wait for patches

B
Bastel2020 25.11.21

Here's what you can try:
1. Turn on the prehistoric style of Windows (For Windows 7 - Pesonalization - "Classic" theme)
2. Turn off all programs before starting the game (Antiviruses, browsers, Skype, etc.)
3. Turn off vertical sync ( specify iPresentinterval = 0 in fallout4prefs.ini)
4. Defragment your hard drive
5. Try running.

If it DOES NOT help, then:

1. Download Msi Afterburner;
2. In the afterburner settings, enable the graphs "Loading GPU1 memory", "Loading RAM" and "Loading swap files" if disabled;
3. Enter the game, play for about five minutes.

Further, based on the data obtained in afterburner:

1. Reduce all texture quality settings to a minimum
2. Download mods to increase fps, disable shadows
3. Try to start
4. If it does not help, then wait for the patch / change the vidyahu to 2GB

If the RAM load is at 3800-4096MB AND / OR file download paging is significantly higher (3+ GB) than the RAM load level:

1. Disable all unnecessary Windows services that are running (Control Panel All Control Panel Items Administrative
Tools Services) 2. Increase the paging file
3. In the task manager, disable ALL NOT system processes (You can even crash explorer.exe)
4. Try to start the game through all sorts of different gameBasters
5. Add RAM

If all indicators are normal, but nothing helps:

1. Wait for the patch / buy a new computer

Finally, some information:
1. Fallout 4 process eats about 2-3 GB of memory, total RAM consumption: about 5 GB, swap file about 8 GB (Opened a browser with a couple of tabs) (Total RAM 10GB)
2. The consumption of video memory on my two-gig HD 7850 1.3-1.8GB, ultra settings at a resolution of 1440x900.

u
urban.kalabanovich 25.11.21

This Todd's product managed to get 3 gigs of video memory, all 8 gigs of virtual, but only 5 gigs of operational, flew to hell on the slave table. True, it was only once. Although I was tormented in it for 10 hours

i
iFlower 25.11.21

Bastel2020
With RAM, it's a mess, it seems like it costs 16 GB, and Fallout takes 2.3 GB. I downloaded enbseries_fallout4_v0284, as I did not change the memory size, there is no gain ... In the Task Manager, 11 GB is free. How to deal with this?

B
Bastel2020 25.11.21

iFlower
What's wrong? My fallout4.exe process also eats about the same.

i
iFlower 25.11.21

Bastel2020
not really believe that this is enough

B
Bastel2020 25.11.21

iFlower
But the game is made on the Skyrim engine, and it's 2011 + the textures are not heavy.

E
Esthetix 25.11.21

Bastel2020 Skyrim
engine, only textures in sky were 512 and in foul 2k, so think about how heavy they are for this engine.