3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
i
iFlower 25.11.21 01:06 am

Infinite ammo ran out (Fallout 4)

I got hold of a very good pistol, and even with "infinite ammunition". He ran, shot in all directions, rejoiced! Until the cartridges ran out ... Is it just that the name of the pistol was not translated correctly? What do you mean by "endless ammunition"?

12 Comments
Sort by:
P
Protos322 25.11.21

iFlower
+ was the same crap, only with a laser

v
vanya1235 25.11.21

iFlower
means no need to recharge

H
Hirok 25.11.21

This refers to the system of "teleportation" of cartridges into the clip.
In other words, no need to recharge.

V
Vitaly Markin 25.11.21

This type of weapon simply does not require reloading.

B
BlackTea 25.11.21

iFlower
This means an endless magazine . All the cartridges that you have are your magazine. So if you run out of cartridges, then that's all. The localizers would have to tear off their hands for that.

i
iFlower 25.11.21

vanya1235
Thank you! But instead of "endless ammunition", they could write, in the characteristics, "does not require charging." Why confuse people?

H
Hirok 25.11.21

iFlower Seems to
me this is a curtsey towards the boards with their infinity pistol.

B
Barsagar 25.11.21

Enchanting translation)))

R
RGC 25.11.21

Unlimited ammo capacity in the original, even Google translator coped with such a translation with grief in half

i
intellligent 25.11.21

BlackTea
Nothing needs to be torn off by anyone. You need to think a little yourself.

H
Hirok 25.11.21

intellligent The
localizers should have thought for themselves, and not sculpted a hunchback.

P
PeroAlxp 25.11.21

I also met this, only on a submachine gun. It became interesting and tested, I gave all the cartridges to the satellite, the weapon does not fire. Then I realized that it simply does not require recharging. And at first I was delighted, as if you can shoot as much as you want :)))

I will say the following about localizers. Of course they could, but there is one thing. They can not. I explain. Localizers translate the game long before it appears, and sometimes even long before the alpha version of the game. They do not know what this phrase is and do not know why it is needed. They can only guess. There are decent companies that provide translators with information about what they are translating, can give a story that is connected at least a little. And there are not decent ones, or the translation is partial. So translators sometimes get separate pieces of texts and designations, which are generally not clear why they are in the game and where they will be used. We have to conjecture ourselves what and how.
The same situation is possible here. The game is gigantic and was translated in chunks, which were often changed and given back for translation. It's good that the localizers at least coped with such a huge text. And they would have been doing voice acting for more than three years, most likely. After all, the gazebo itself said that it took them more than 2 years to record the dialogues.