3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
CRASHBULLET 25.11.21 01:50 am

PCI -> PCI-Ex16

Actually, this question arose, although a techie, but never came across, who knows, help, there is a PCI TV tuner, good, but on the mother only x16 and x1, will there be a fire show? Or it will work.
8 Comments
Sort by:
-
-SK.art- 25.11.21

CRASBULLET
has a PCI TV tuner,
but on the mother there are only x16 and x1,

but nothing that the PCI and PCI-E connectors are completely different and not compatible with each other?)

C
CRASHBULLET 25.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
OU, as it were at work, I plugged x1 into the PCI sound card, oddly enough, it worked, which confused me, so I thought, since there are adapters, and it works through them, which interferes with powering the line, lines then the same. But on the forums there is no mate part, and the unequivocal opinion is the same, no one has ever experimented.

h
helio 25.11.21

CRASBULLET
you yourself answered works

C
CRASHBULLET 25.11.21

helio Huh
? Where? Read the question and what I "answered" x1 in pci, not pci in pci-eX16

-
-SK.art- 25.11.21

CRASBULLET
For connecting peripheral devices, the short PCI-E X1 slot and the long PCI-E X4 / 8/16 are compatible. In theory, they should be incompatible with the old long PCI.

C
CRASHBULLET 25.11.21

-Sergey Viktorovich-
Ok, thanks.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.11.21

psl cannot be compatible with anything other than this psl. and it is physically impossible to stick it into the express train.
pls-e must, in principle, be compatible with any that is longer than it. naprier zvukovtshu ii TV tuner x1 plug into x16.
but on the side it is more difficult, but purely technically and in principle, the vidyuha should work in x1 and between different versions of the express.
except that the author will look for some expansion board with a PSL controller wired there in the express,
I seem to have seen something similar on the servers, though I did not understand what it is.

D
DartMaul 25.11.21

Something like this.