3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
restet 29.11.21 10:19 pm

red lights on the MAN panel are on (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

usually light up when I attach a load. but it also happens when empty. do not always burn. tell me what is the problem?

Spoiler
8 Comments
Sort by:
r
rabotnik97 29.11.21

The air in the brakes ends, so they burn)

r
restet 29.11.21

rabotnik97
slows down normally

o
oaoaoaoa 29.11.21

restet
This is the brake air pressure sensor. If you brake very often, then the air in the brakes runs out, and the sensor signals this. If it catches fire, then you need to stop and wait for the air pressure to recover. To prevent this from happening, use a retarder more often or brake the engine.

a
abarbanel48 29.11.21

uncheck the "emulation of the brake (or pneumatic) system" in the settings and you will be fine. :)

r
restet 29.11.21

the tick "emulation of the pneumatic brake system" is removed, never even included.
and "automatic use of the retarder" and "automatic engine braking" need to put jackdaws? I have now only the "retarder" is
still "realistic model of fuel consumption" - off. does it make sense to turn it on? will there be more consumption or vice versa?
"Trailer stabilization" is a slider roughly in the middle. leave like that?

o
oaoaoaoa 29.11.21

restet
"automatic use of retarder" and "automatic engine braking" - can be switched off.
"realistic model of fuel consumption" means that your fuel will be consumed, depending on what speed you drive, how many engine revolutions you give, etc.
"Trailer stabilization" - the lower the value you set, the more the trailer will swing and the more likely you are to put the truck on its side, in a sharp turn. I turned it off completely because I love realism. But if you are a street racer, then it is better to leave it as it is (the slider in the middle) or add.

r
restet 29.11.21

Big-Russian-Bear
thanks for the info. why not leave the retarder?

o
oaoaoaoa 29.11.21

restet
When you are driving on cruise control, for example, 90 km / h, then when descending a slope, the retarder is activated (automatically) so that the speed does not exceed the set mark. Therefore, thanks to the retarder, you can fix the speed without thinking that you will exceed it and receive a fine. Also, it can be turned on manually so as not to waste air in the brakes once again. And to be honest, I myself do not know what will change if you enable "automatic use of the retarder", because without it, it does its job. Apparently it will turn on together with the brakes (on the pedal), which is useless. I could be wrong.
Also, the retarder is very helpful in winter when you go down a slippery slope. We all know that when you press the brakes, on a slippery road, the wheels lose traction and the car blows away, therefore, in such cases, a retarder is used, since it smoothly slows down the engine and there is no loss of traction.