3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
mazaza 29.11.21 11:16 pm

Which faction do you like? (Fallout 4)

I propose to start discussing factions not from the point of view of benefits, but from the moral side of the issue
18 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rimases 29.11.21

debt)) if it's serious, then the brotherhood and the subway

g
gogin.pyoter 29.11.21

Brotherhood of Steel

m
mazaza 29.11.21

That is, a highly developed institution that only cares about its own prosperity, minutemans that want to protect as many people in the wastelands as possible in order to create a strong and independent faction, or maybe a brotherhood of steel, fanatics with a strong army and a constant desire for technology at any cost?

M
Mercurionio 29.11.21

There is also a neighboring topic. Why create another one?

m
mazaza 29.11.21

Personally, I am disgusted with the brotherhood of steel, they do not notice the life around them, they try to crush as many resources as possible. If you have a plasma rifle, they will find you and take it away, and if raiders attack you, they don't care ... In other words, they think only about their own benefit.
The institute is not much better, they certainly will not take technology away from you, but only because they themselves are much better developed thanks to mad scientists who from time to time can brew such a bloody mess, which is then disentangled by ordinary settlers, it is not surprising that all of them fear. Although in the future they may become a solution to the problems of humanity, because, unlike brotherhood, they are also engaged in peaceful exploration.
Minutemen, they are the weakest, in fact they are a bunch of people whom you can take under your wing, giving them the opportunity to develop into a powerful organization. And most importantly, free. But freedom is not given without a fight, and here problems begin, because the Minutemen have neither the technology nor the resources to resist organized groups such as the Brotherhood of Steel.
I am silent about other factions, they do not have people and even an idea that can later gather the people of the wasteland under their command.

m
mazaza 29.11.21

Mercurionio,
be careful, in that topic they figure out where, it is more profitable, to join. Those. where they will give more covers, weapons and other things. And here we are trying to understand which of the factions is worthy to stay in the wastelands of Boston, from what will be more useful to the inhabitants of this very wasteland. In any case, it is I who pursue this goal, because I play the role of a good-natured person who cares about everyone. And someone may like to subjugate people and be an iron fist taking candy from children.

m
mazaza 29.11.21

In general, I hope that it is possible to somehow measure all these factions. After all, this is an RPG in 2015, didn’t they include an option where all the factions are happy with each other? If not, then I will be very disappointed in this RPG game.

s
simmac 29.11.21

mazaza
They are too different in views, how can you reconcile the Subway, which wants to free synths and the Institute that produces them as a labor force? Or the brotherhood of steel, which wants to take all the technologies for itself, to destroy the synths with the same Institute and the subway that support these technologies.

R
Roman Selezen 29.11.21

The Brotherhood of Steel is united with the minutemans, the best choice in my opinion with iron arguments, but right now I won't write because I go to bed and I can hardly hit the buttons)

M
Mercurionio 29.11.21

mazaza
There they are discussing the morality of the parties. And yes, in 2015 the gazebo is releasing "RPG of the Year", where there is no opportunity to influence the factions. Although in the same New Vegas was.

m
mazaza 29.11.21

simmac
The subway and the institute, they cannot be compared, the institute can resist the brotherhood of steel, and the subway is not able to withstand even a couple of the best synths of the institute. So the subway can have any convictions, but they don't have the strength to compete with anyone. Even in this case, an exception can be made and a dozen escaped synths will be allowed to remain free so that the subway will calm down. The brotherhood of steel does not know too much about the institution, first they need to sit down at the negotiating table and agree on cooperation, because these are two powerful machines, of course the brotherhood outnumbers them, but the institution is better developed, with the proper level of diplomacy they can come to an agreement if not for the future that they can achieve, but in order to avoid losses in the war, and the losses will be enormous for both sides.
Minutemen generally represent ordinary people, a workforce, who, with the necessary protection from raiders and super mutants, by the combined forces of the brotherhood and the institution, will be able to provide all of Boston with food.

I
Ivan313 29.11.21

Minutemen or institute or brotherhood of steel. Definitely not a subway

m
mazaza 29.11.21

Mercurionio
New Vegas did other developments, published conversations, of course, but the developers were obsidian, and for the four, the gazebo took over both roles, like in a three-ruble note. In addition, it was also impossible to measure everyone. But the situation there is not much different, because the legion and the NCR have been in a state of war for too long, and the brotherhood has weakened very much and cannot be taken into account, so that it was possible to conclude peace or strip-nkr or strip-legion. In fallout 4, the situation is different, based on misunderstandings on the part of each faction

M
Mercurionio 29.11.21

mazaza
I did not offer to reconcile the NKR with the Legion. There, the Courier unites all factions against the legion (BS, Bombardiers, uses securitrons, Enclave), and here it is purely solo. And I did not propose to reconcile the BS with the institute. Why should the Minutemen suddenly have to destroy the brotherhood with a hangover?

Z
ZeroL96 29.11.21

NKR if there were and so minutemans because it's nice to help people

p
predator999 29.11.21

Institute because of technology or minutemans. The Brotherhood has become nothing dudes, just toaster collectors. The subway is even worse nafig these synths surrendered to them.

D
Dаli 29.11.21

Minutemans, and of course the name, are a scum in essence. No, in the long term, with proper management, it can certainly become something in the spirit of the NKR. But for now, this is a bunch of homeless people, for whom we build shacks, and they raise a sickness for us. The development of such a community is slow and unstable.
The brotherhood, like us, loot the locals for the presence of a cool cannon and SB, they don't need anything else, just like us, that is, the GG and the brotherhood pursue the same goal. For the development of the community, these marginals are not needed, there is zero benefit from them, except for the killed hands of death and other animal population of the wasteland.
Subway, well, let them live for themselves, the impact on the region is statistically negligible, except in the form of a local attraction.
Institute! A powerful technocratic structure, which is what is needed for terraforming, at least a part of a dead planet and further normal existence on it. But possessing the technical capabilities and intelligence, they are shitty politicians and cannot join society. So this faction is the most promising for the wasteland, but also the dumbest in terms of consequences. How, like atomic energy, in the world of the subject, bringing good at first, led to extinction.

P
Prostouser 29.11.21

A moral choice, yes? And if I don’t want to kill and blow up? I am 230-240 years old, lived a peaceful life in the past, killed a soul mate, stole a son who led a bad company. I don’t really want violence.
So, if we judge in the game there are no good groups, the exceptions are brave policemen, minutemans, but as a faction to consider them, not an option. The subway is stealth, taking care of yourself. The brotherhood has become the same, in fact in 4 parts they are bad guys, but after all, the institute is also bad.
All these three factions only care about themselves and oppose each other, all 3 factions are evil. Therefore, here is the question of the least evil, the Brotherhood is at least saving technologies from bad hands and the destruction of other bad guys. The Institute can restore a lot, but at the same time This is an uncontrollable force, everything can go downhill at one moment. The subway lives for the sake of the institute, Fight against it and help runaway synths.
PS Why would these super scientists from the institute, once they were able to teleport, make a time machine and give a task like: "Prevent a nuclear war!" yes, if successful, they will not exist, there is no war, they are not, but the world will be whole, and we will return to our past life.