3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Riki1991 29.11.21 11:27 pm

Wi-Fi router

Which week I can not decide on a router. I am looking for a Wi-Fi router and it would seem that there are enough models, but I have no idea what to take. I liked Tenda N301, but how is it in business and is it worth taking it at all? Are there any good alternatives?
46 Comments
Sort by:
A
Amy-lee 29.11.21

Can you tell us in more detail what functions do you need from a router and what is the price range?

R
Riki1991 29.11.21

the fact of the matter is that the requests are small. the main thing is to work stably, cover a normal radius, and not one room. speed up to 300 unambiguously

p
poiter polshaninov 29.11.21

if we talk about this particular model, then the radius will calmly cover a three-room apartment, possibly suitable for an office.

A
Amy-lee 29.11.21

Yes, any now more or less worthy router has a normal coverage radius, such that you will not feel discomfort when moving around the apartment and Tenda, I'm sure, is no exception)

s
schta 29.11.21

Which provider? Dedicated or adsl? for dedicated line - zyxel Keenetic Start - that's it! costs less than 1,500 rubles. for adsl - something like that.

a
akaSD 29.11.21

I also use a Tenda model. moreover, for a long time, and for all the time the jambs have not appeared, the speed is excellent, and it catches anywhere in the apartment.

R
RicoChico 29.11.21

You cannot save on routers. This is a technique that is bought for a very long time.
Having chosen a cheap one, then do not complain about the poor quality of the Internet to the provider.

m
maxzeva 29.11.21

Usually, the quality manifests itself in constant point dips or, at best, reboots. Otherwise, death, and everything else according to the specification (baud rate)

S
Sindiman 29.11.21

I don’t quite understand the point on some routers with two antennas, does it really help to increase the operating range?

a
akaSD 29.11.21

I think this is due to the number of received devices, it makes it possible to divide the channel as efficiently as possible. I don’t know exactly, I need to read it.

R
RicoChico 29.11.21

maxzeva
I forgot about it when I changed D-link to Zyxel. Mental health is worth more than money.
It’s better not to go hungry and spend an extra 1-2 thousand than to get the hassle all the time.

e
evgeniy.aleynikov.9 29.11.21

and the trouble is, I worked with such a Tenda router, only the model was a little different, an excellent router, there was no hemorrhoid in the setting, there was enough speed. Works now non-stop without shutdowns for 4 months

x
xPop-88-Punkx 29.11.21

Zyxel Viva
https://market.yandex.ru/product/10703586?hid=723087&ncrnd=7343

M
MK_nooby 29.11.21

I would recommend zyxel Keenetic Lite 3 - the very best for your money. I do not recommend Start very much

S
Siro Anthon 29.11.21

Zukhelya are a little expensive, IMHO, the Chinese are now practically not inferior, only cheaper. For me lately they are all the same, so Tenda will do ...

k
karuzzzz 29.11.21

I looked at the price on Yamarker, so zyxel Keenetic Lite 3 is one and a half times more expensive than Tenda N301.

R
Rivior 29.11.21

pockmarked zadolbal ping on dsl more than a hundred, can I put a router behind the modem so that the ping decreases?

S
Samuil2 29.11.21

The link describes several ways. with which you can reduce the ping - http://winetwork.ru/3g/ping-3g.html Maybe that will do. As for the main topic - Tenda N301 is a very high-quality thing, I only saw good reviews about it, so it would be right to buy this router.

R
Rustem Mukhozhukov 29.11.21

Can you please tell me, is this router suitable for a 9 * 9 wooden house with two floors, or do you need something more expensive?

A
Amy-lee 29.11.21

Sindiman
The more antennas, the higher the speed the router can provide. If we talk about Tenda, then it reaches 300 Mbps. In devices with the 1st antenna, such speeds are not observed.