3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DenDi333 30.11.21 01:24 am

Setting up graphics, solving the problem with textures. (Fallout 4)

Hello everyone! I probably, like most people, could not fully enjoy the game when GG got out for the first time to the surface, the reasons for this freezing and graphics bugs.
Everyone knows that the textures in the game are not very good, to put it mildly, not only that, they still take a long time to load, literally right before our eyes. As a result, having spent half the evening, I seem to have achieved a good and high-quality picture, and most importantly, no muddy and soapy textures.
Relevant for a license with patch 1.1.30 and a video card from Nvidia and a new video driver 358.91. The full list of screenshots is here http://fotooblojka.ru/album/402/ I

did not touch the settings in the ini files, everything is by default. So, go to the panel from Nvidia - 3D Settings - Manage 3D Settings. We go to the tab - Software settings. Select the fallout4.exe program. Set up in the field below:
Vertical sync pulse - Adaptive, you can just put On.
The maximum number of pre-rendered frames is 1.
Preferred refresh rate - Highest available.
Multiprocessor rendering mode - Perform alternative framing 2. (Those with dual-chip cards can enable SLI in this way)
Power management mode - Max performance mode is preferred.
Triple buffering - On
Filtering textures quality - High quality.
We make the settings apply.
I did not turn off the multiprocessor mode setting.

Fallout 4 launcher settings

As a result, on my bucket with 8Gb of RAM and a Geforce GTX 590 3Gb video card in an open field 45-50-60 fps, indoors 55-60 fps. On the video card, both chips warm up to 70 degrees, both are loaded by 70-80%. I did not remove the 60 fps limiter, firstly, I do not have a top-end computer, secondly, exclude glitches, and thirdly, if the game runs at 50 fps, this is more than comfortable.

A couple of screenshots:

Bottom line: finally it turned out something similar to a game, textures do not load in front of the eyes, went to the map and that soap that was before is no longer at the quarry. My personal problem with the black faces of the hero disappeared, I rechecked it 10 times (there are a couple of examples with bugs in the album with screenshots). Maybe someone is already aware of all these fine settings, or maybe someone will help like me.
Good luck in your wasteland conquest.
17 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 30.11.21

it is necessary to perform an alternative
formation 1 and so that there are no soapy textures, just a map with 4 gibubs and more fast

G
Grevon 30.11.21

And how to change the Resolution, otherwise I only have 1280x720, but I need 1280x1024?

V
Vidzhey 30.11.21

MunchkiN 616
After each "Fallout" run to the store like an anxious schoolboy on a leash from the developers for a new video card? No thanks.

M
MunchkiN 616 30.11.21

Vidzhey
bakery should be strong and beat any non-optimized nonsense so that you don't have to run after vidyuhi once every half a year.

V
Vidzhey 30.11.21

MunchkiN 616
PCS? Lol

V
Vidzhey 30.11.21

insel260
After that "Fallout 5" comes out with graphics of 2010 and lags on average.

D
DenDi333 30.11.21

Grevon The
resolution can be changed in the Geforce Experience in the Fallout 4 settings, you can change the path C: Users user Documents My Games Fallout4 in the Fallout4Prefs.ini file,
iSize H = 1024
iSize W = 1280

Guys still advice who has top computers and Fallout flies, but soapy textures, you can try to run the game in DSR resolution, in Geforce Experience in the game settings set the resolution to 2560x1440 DSR (for example, like mine). The picture quality is better.

P
PsiX_Storrent 30.11.21

DenDi333
screenshots before and after you can?

E
Emesiland 30.11.21

How do I do this on AMD?

D
DenDi333 30.11.21

PsiX_Storrent
Unfortunately, there are no "before" screenshots, it was just that it was not up to the game at that time that I immediately went to the forums, and somehow I did not think to screen these bugs. In the album screenshots are only "after"

G
Grevon 30.11.21

DenDi333
Thanks helped

B
Bugagazun 30.11.21

Preferred Refresh Rate - Highest Available.
Multiprocessor rendering mode - Perform alternative framing 2. (Who has dual-chip cards in this way can enable SLI)
I do not have these options in the window, what should I do?

M
MunchkiN 616 30.11.21

Bugagazun
if you have two or more identical nvidia video cards and the computer supports
if there will be in some driver tab where the diagram where the monitor is connected is written that they work if.
however, only one will work in the game
in order for it to work - there must be a corresponding tab in the driver - advanced 3D performance and not in setting up any specific application.

B
Bugagazun 30.11.21

I have only one vidyuha.
What about the refresh rate?
There is nothing in global about sli either

D
DenDi333 30.11.21

Bugagazun
You do not look at the global ones, but in the program settings of the program select Fallout.exe and put it there.

M
MunchkiN 616 30.11.21

Bugagazun
Well, if there is one vidyuha - which one?
if 2chips of type 590 690 should still be displayed as 2 cards

H
Hattack 30.11.21

DenDi333
Thanks helped