3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Cold light 04.12.21 10:56 pm

Game ending discussion (Sword Coast Legends)

I have questioned and want to discuss it now in its entirety.
First of all, I was very upset by the crumpled ending, the game just seems to start to accelerate, like everyone else, it's time to jump into the portal for the last battle. The developers obviously did not have the strength and resources to complete and complete, so everything had to be completed in a hurry.
I liked the concept that the guild leader, trying to warn about the upcoming apocalypse in his dreams, was 70% provoking it. After all, if the prophecies themselves do not worry about their fulfillment, who will do it for them.
The tear dilemma seemed pretty interesting:
On the one hand, the risk that the demon will use even a cleared tear and the death of a companion, the most useful companion, please note, and the only cleric! (as anyone, but I was scared to remain without a cleric, since my GG was not a cleric)
On the other hand, the destruction of a tear makes senseless the very existence of the Order of the Burning Dawn and its destruction, as well as the destruction (almost complete destruction) of the Knights of the Golden Eye, besides, the destruction of the divine relic of a good goddess in itself is not good.

Personally, I played out the chaotic neutral (with a craving for the positive), and destroyed the tear. Not because her existence endangered the world (my chaotic could risk the world) and not because of love for the elf Illidia, it's just that enough deaths are already connected with this tear: the clan of Illidia, two orders (of the Burning Dawn and the Golden Eye), sacrifices at demonic invasions, Dalanir's older brother ... How much more?

In general, the ending turned out to be good: everyone is safe and
sound : Javen Tarmikos (paladin) vowed to help the GG in battles with the demons The
Dwarf (warrior) creates his own network of mercenaries and soldiers and pesters GG with requests for new adventures.
Dalanir (drow magician) continued to live as Solonir Noon, still spies, nothing is heard about his sister (they did not kill her)
Larezar (a dwarf thief) communicates with Illidia, looks cheerful, sometimes gets out of the Pirate saber to work
Hommet Shaw (a necromantic magician) returned to the magicians and took his place there as Harpell. Poisons tales and instructs young magicians
Izkin (lord of darkness, thief) sometimes visits GG, rules an empire of slugs with his skeleton friend somewhere in the Underdark and still threatens to kill GG.
Only Illidia just left. But she, it seems, in principle, cannot have a good ending (her childhood friend was not killed).
4 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vindly 04.12.21

Wow, this is speed! Special thanks for the support "?" in the next topic. although I just came to the house of the Golden Eye (an eye for an eye task), I want to note the really meager content of the story. And what is most annoying I can not save the game, replay the moment differently ...

C
Cold light 04.12.21

Vindly
In fact, this is not so much the speed as the crumpledness of the game itself) Subjectively, the end of the Eye for an Eye quest with the complete passage of all the side effects is 2/3 of the games already completed (although in a good way it's still 1/2, just closer to the end of I finally had a party of two recruited mages (mage-gg and the second mage-elf) and controllers, a priestess-healer and a rogue dwarf as a tank began to open up and I stopped suffering regularly and weakened micro-control)) I'm

glad that my advice and hints help in the game) Itself, during the first playthrough, is very paranoid in many places, not knowing what to do best, so I am happy to share my advice.

In principle, I agree with the meager content of the story, but nevertheless, some moments burn and burn in the good sense of the word. For example, pay attention to what is hidden by the head of the golden eye under the blanket) From that moment on, I laughed separately for a long time, but when the spoiler for those who had not yet completed the quest of the paladin companion of the
Spoiler of the Order of the Golden Eye became a companion of the GG and after completing a personal quest brought him to the camp another portrait of a succubus and hid it in my sleeping bag, for several minutes I could not do anything out of laughter.

Yes, the inability to calmly replay the situation and annoys me too, I agree here. And even F5 and F9 are not a panacea, sometimes the game is saved, as it were, between moments, and overwrites the save at the wrong time. Sometimes it delivers terrible pain and suffering, as in the ending of the quest for Bregan D'ert.

D
Darth SimbioZ 04.12.21

So, finished the game! The choice in the end made them suffer, in the end I decided to allow the cleric to cleanse the artifact to his goddess)) She wants this, she devoted her whole life to finding the relic and serving the goddess, and for her this is not death, but an opportunity to perform a feat in the name of her faith). but judging by the epilogue, her soul is alive inside the artifact. Pity only the dwarf, he became a drunkard in the inn.
I liked the humor in the game, the plot and quests in general, too. I played as an archer, as soon as the opportunity arose, crafted a bow for 30,000 and all the enemies stood in paralysis)) The first half of the game went with Hommit (lightning magician), a rogue dwarf and a cleric. In the second half, I liked the composition of the group much more - Dalanir, the fire and control mage did. The confusion spell is very powerful. Izkin is a ridiculous rogue. Thanks for the tip about rubies - Izkin got the last ruby))

C
Cold light 04.12.21

Darth SimbioZ
I understand the decision, I also strongly doubted what and how best to do it.
I also liked Dalanir better as a magician, to be honest. True, I rocked him in lightning (just at some point I thought and thought and decided that since the enemy is a huge fiery demon, it would be better not to hit him with fire magic), but Hommet into necromancy. And this dead palm pawing from under the ground somehow did not impress at all, and he has a contact vampiric skill, and who will let the magician close to the enemy.
With rubies, it's good that everything worked out - this last ruby ​​ruffled my nerves. There are no quests, it's time to jump into the portal, but a ruby ​​bye-bye, one ruby ​​is missing ...