3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vftor 08.12.21 02:29 am

Keyboard lags (Fallout 4)

When the GG moves, every 1-1.5 seconds there is a pause of 0.2 seconds, i.e. movement in jerks. FPS = 60, and at the moment of the pause it drops to 30-40.
This has been seen in other games before, but when I reinstalled the game from HDD to SSD, the jerks disappeared. But with this game it does not work out the same - jerks on the SSD.
Found the cause of the jerks. I connected a gamepad (Xbox 360), switched control from the gamepad, and there were no jerks when moving around.
The reason is that the game is tailored for a gamepad, ported from the Xbox, and they didn't bother to correctly transfer the controls to the keyboard and mouse. Sometimes people have lags with the mouse. And I have lags with the keyboard. If anyone has any ideas on how to remove these lags, tell me.
2 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alex the one 08.12.21

Well, I usually connect a gamepad in this case, although I have to shoot only through vats (I admire people who have mastered the skill of playing shooters through a gamepad with sticks)

v
vftor 08.12.21

Alex the One
No, it doesn’t work for me through the gamepad, awfully uncomfortable. Racing only on the steering wheel, and shooters only on the keyboard mouse. It's much more convenient that way.