3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
schta 09.12.21 01:01 am

Recommend a pet for a child

The heir asks for a cat / dog / hamster / guinea pig / parrot / etc. I have reason to doubt his responsibility. Therefore, I do not allow a number of pets to him. Although in order to instill in the heir a sense of responsibility, the need for care, etc., it would not be bad to provide him with the opportunity to take care of a pet.

Which animal is more resilient in "communicating with children", while less demanding in terms of care and nutrition? What do you advise?
48 Comments
Sort by:
s
schta 09.12.21

Wing42
Zhivotinka, probably, first of all, should become a tool for instilling responsibility, care and other positive qualities in children.
Personally, I have enough bipedal pets too))

B
Blood suslik 09.12.21

If you decide to take a ferret, take a tame one, because the wild ones bite strongly at first, well, it is desirable to remove the glands from the veterinarian, the smell is specific. But I'll tell you right away, they are awesome!

W
Wing42 09.12.21

schta
Zhivotinka, probably, first of all, should become a tool for instilling responsibility, care and other positive qualities in children.
At work, I keep a fairly voluminous aquarium with piranhas, but it is unlikely that the process of feeding such fish will bring up "positive qualities" in children. Therefore, I also do not advise you to have animals that eat other animals (mostly warm-blooded).

R
Ripper man 09.12.21

just not rodents, a friend of a small one has already accidentally "crushed" more than one unit

M
Melshlemming 09.12.21

Give the tiger. Surely one of them will die.

s
schta 09.12.21

Ripper Man's
spouse is terrified of rodents. not an option. I have not yet proposed the ferret option, but I think that it will not be approved either.

Wing42
no, no, no. Exotic is too much. Yes, and probably expensive.

For the price - I think a maximum of 15k for an animal and 5k for equipment.

R
Ripper man 09.12.21

dog is a proven option. cats are cunning and insidious. give a small dog, so that there are no problems with wool and fleas, and ticks in the summer, if that will be easier to identify.

K
KingBaby 09.12.21

I had to think with my head when I did it with a girl ... now it's all the same who to get it, you won't be smeared ...

M
MKUltra 09.12.21

Here's what you need. Ideal - does not shit, does not ask for food, calm.

L
LEFT FOR DTF 09.12.21

I can definitely say that a puppy is not an option.
in any case, the first few months will have to be followed by adults.

I had a case that a neighbor's girl almost crushed a puppy with a heater - he stood, as it were, forming a wall near the puppy's "house", she leaned on him and he began to fall. fortunately, that I was sitting next to, I managed to catch it, otherwise my dog ​​wouldn’t be 12 years old now.
Another case, when they bought a puppy for a girl, and the girl was small, she wanted to play, she did not understand the responsibility. her parents protected her from communication with the animal so that she would not harm him.
and all the same, the puppy needs to be taken out, it is necessary to monitor him. because the puppy itself is still stupid. add here a 10-year-old boy who does not yet know what responsibility is and will not get the best result. children want to play with friends, they want to go about their business, and not make sure that the puppy does not eat anything on the street or picks up a tick.
I think that taking an animal to a child to teach him "responsibility" is not the best option. as a pet and friend - yes, but not as a tool.

L
Le Gaspilleur 09.12.21

schta The
child is 10.5 years old. Tamagotchi, if they are still being produced)
In principle, you can impose your optimal solution based on personal considerations and preferences, because the authority to care for the living creatures will be delegated 100%, you can guess to whom.

P
Papa joe 09.12.21

Take the turtle.

M
MunchkiN 616 09.12.21

the simplest in my opinion is the cat. the dog already needs to be walked and it seems to the mine that this will not be done by a ribenok. further, the larger and more exotic the animal, the more difficult it is to care for it.
and finally can be better than playing pitch.

V
Vaipen 09.12.21

At the expense of fish is also a controversial issue. On the fish themselves, there may not be an allergy, but on fish food it may very well. He himself refused to breed fish for this reason.

B
BarackKamacho 09.12.21

snail

V
Vaipen 09.12.21

Better not to start at all. Of course, the education of responsibility and all that is of course good, but what will happen if his beloved furry suddenly gets lost or even worse dies or dies. For a child it will be a form of apocalypse, as well as for parents. And this can result in serious mental trauma.

D
DaBeast 09.12.21

Protestant Knight The
probability that the child will die. Death. Trauma and tragedy. Neo, are you?

Chorus. A beast for the baby.

B
BRONIK-PSK 09.12.21

Buy him a Tamagotchi

A
Aips95 09.12.21

So, the author of the question will most likely not read it ... Well, okay.
In short, I had a lot of different animals - Parrots, turtles, hamster, rat, puppy and cat.
1. Parrot - I really do not advise them, they give a lot of shit (when they eat, they scatter the grub, often outside the cage), and in the morning they work as substitutes for roosters - the tweet-tweet at 5 in the morning is stable.
2. Turtle - in my case it was a red-eared one, it lives in water, since it is not salty. Turtle is the inevitable stink and the need to clean the aquarium 1-2 times a week. If you feed them outside the aquarium, then you can clean it 1 time in 2 weeks - it clogs up mainly with food, and it deteriorates quickly in the water. In general, the variation is not the worst - one of the pluses - the turtles are not so grainy and live a long time - they will not grieve with their death, if you feed them in time and do not "drown in their own shit"
3. Hamster / rat - A good option, there is not much shit about grub and there is not much stench. However, hamsters are famous for not very good health, "communication with children" may not survive. So a rat is the best option - a child can take care of a pet himself, live longer than a hamster and eat anything at all. Plus, she is moderately mobile, the child will be interested. The feeling of preservation is better than that of a hamster - mine fell from the table dumbly jumping off the edge. The rat is not so stupid.
About cats / dogs, I can only say that they require a lot of attention + there are a lot of "surprises" from them (for example, your favorite sneakers may seem tasty to a dog, and a cat will like wallpaper more than a claw-frame.) In general, decide for yourself, but I would choose a rat.

T
TTG 09.12.21