3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lou Tenant 10.12.21 02:34 am

Similarities to other works (Spoilers! And not just LiS) (Life is Strange)

Actually, I would like to discuss and find out what other similarities (plot similarities, not easter eggs) did you find between the game and any movie or TV series?

Here's what I found:
Similarity to Twin Peaks:
-The scene is a small town in the middle of the woods, where strange things happen. There is also a sawmill in both cities.
-Rachel Amber is similar to Laura Palmer (both are the catalyst for the plot, the main plot is built around the investigation of their deaths, both have a best friend who independently investigates their death).
- a lot of side storylines that somehow affect the central one. Many characters are related to each other.

Similarities to the Butterfly Effect:
-Max, like Evan, can travel back in time using photographs.
-Both GG each time changing someone's one life in the past for the better, in the present they make it worse than the other.
-Both GG at the end return to where it all began and lose a dear person (Max lets Chloe die, Evan drives away his future girlfriend as a child).
-Both works use the theme of the butterfly effect ("a minor effect on the system can have large and unpredictable consequences somewhere else and at a different time.")

Max Payne:
-At the end of episode 5, the heroine travels through her memories, which are presented in the form nightmare.
4 Comments
Sort by:
P
Poprikolu 10.12.21

Well, firstly, the resemblance to the butterfly effect about the loss of a dear person and the return to where it all began is only one of the endings, and there is a second one (which was preferable for me personally).

N
NoMercy_LilKids 10.12.21

Lou Tenant
As for Twin Peaks, it's not just a likeness, but rather an easter egg.
Chloe has a number on her pickup: TWNPKS
for Frank BRKBD - Breaking Bad, and there are a lot of these Easter eggs.
Undoubtedly, there is a similarity with the Butterfly Effect, but I would also add King's work "11/22/63", whoever reads will understand.

G
Grandshot 10.12.21

SKYNET_925
but I would also add King's work "11/22/63", who read it will understand.
Only "Chaos Theory", but this is essentially one big cliché inherent in absolutely all works about the manipulation of time, claiming to be serious and "dramatic" of what is happening. Only in stories in the style of "Back to the Future" and "Doctor Who" will everything lead to a hepia end. In other cases - to inevitable negative consequences.

A
Aksel777 10.12.21

Yes, wandering through nightmares VERY reminded Max Payne))) LOL