3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
1060 11.12.21 12:22 am

CPU overheating

Processor i5 2500k, I bought a cooler for it separately.
After buying 970 vidyahi, the percentage began to heat up to 100g, removing the overclocking all the same, the pace rises to 95, the
computer cleaned, changed the thermal paste, everything is quite tight.
I can't understand what the matter is, the computer worked for about 3 years under overclocking and the pace did not rise above 75, but now it jumps from 38 to 45 during idle time. The power supply unit is at 600w, I ask the guys for help
upd: I noticed that something loads up to 50 percent, rummaged in the task manager and cut down some programs and now the pace is up to 85g. and here's another thing, in the comp temp program in the frequency tab, the frequency of the processor is constantly 3.7 and does not decrease
4 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 11.12.21

overclocking or insufficient cooler. Perhaps the degradation of the processor from which he put himself more voltage.
Also, the processor has a turbo boost - there is a possibility that while the card was weak, the percent did not sweat. but the stress benchmarks would have warmed up.
I personally have not encountered a sudden warming of the processor with normal cooling.

1060 11.12.21

MunchkiN 616
was hd6950 for 3 years, the percentage at 4.4 GHz heats up to a maximum of 76, with the help of various stress tests it was determined, and now, even with a default, it shows 85g or even more.
is my percent so weak?
And I am a little confused that its frequency is constantly 3.7 GHz, shouldn't it go down during idle time?

G
GG4 11.12.21

overclock the I5 2500k with the hd6950 vidyuha top of idiocy. your processor would not load even 70% without overclocking. And regarding overheating, congratulations, you ruined it with your overclocking, and even empty.

S
Sleepy Bot 11.12.21

Oh, well, some kind of garbage, 75 degrees in load for 2500 is completely not normal, look at the cooling heat pipes, maybe they have been all for a long time, or contact with the process is not tight, I have a powerful old man i5 760 and gammax300, in load and does not reach 62, in load, yomayo, but in general, as it is crookedly overclocked, and even apparently worked for a long time like this, I would be in your place - everything is in default, checking the cooling-pipes-thermal paste -dust, and from there I would already dance , I would do all this and look - the pace at idle, and then at the load.