3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vadim Gibadatov 12.12.21 10:06 pm

Discussion of the updated SPECIAL system (Fallout 4)

People, did anyone notice that in Fallout 4 at the very beginning they give very few points for SPECIAL? If in the previous parts everything was 5, and it was possible to freely distribute 5 more points, then in general it was 7x5 + 5 = 40. Then in Fallout 4 everything is at 1 and you can freely distribute 21 points, then it turns out 28 points, 12 points less. Is this the norm? I know there are Bobbleheads, but weren't there in Fall 3.
PS I haven't played the Fallout series, so explain what the catch is.
18 Comments
Sort by:
p
perni007 12.12.21

You should watch the video with the new perk system. You will understand why they give a restriction on the kidneys.
In general, there will be no super hacker-sapper shooting from 500 meters exactly in the eye of the blowout = D

E
Elik348 12.12.21

There are an order of magnitude less abilities. If you believe so far known information. A total of 10 skills for each SPECIAL. Which, whatever one may say, is several times less than in the previous parts.

Only hope for DLS is amusing. Both paid and free.

PS As far as I understand, each skill also has a level. So the skills by themselves are also applied. Which, along with the rest of the changes, will make them extremely useful. I think it is more useful than in the previous parts. Maybe that's why they decided to make their total number less

A
AT_Sagor 12.12.21

Vadim Gibadatov
As far as I remember in the previous parts, the indicator of any of the SPECIAL characteristics below 5 was considered below the norm, up to the receipt of fines. Immediately, in the fourth part, the unit in the characteristic is already a norm in itself and does not bear any penalties.

C
CheshirCat 12.12.21

Vadim Gibadatov
I think since they did it, then there is a reason for it. Perhaps here SPECIAL plays a more significant role, as in parts 1 and 2, and it is impossible to be a master in all parameters. You have to go down one path, which forces you to replay the game for time t.

S
Shadowhorn 12.12.21

In the same place, you can update the SPECIAL attribute itself as a perk, no? That is, instead of a perk, you can raise the strength from 4x to 5 and so on.

-
-Raixs- 12.12.21

For me, it worked out pretty well with this limitation. It is a little upsetting that they can be changed again before leaving the shelter. That is, speaking of the fact that these are not personal qualities of a character from birth, as it was in the first 2 parts, but ordinary glasses, as in the third.

E
Elik348 12.12.21

Shadowhorn
Yeah. Can. And since there is no level limit in the game, in theory everything can be raised to 10

M
MAX_x5.452 12.12.21

Elik348
Most likely you will not be able to raise everything to 10. Even after completing the entire game and DLC

B
BarackKamacho 12.12.21

"Logical" dolls will help you. Hehe

V
Vitaly Markin 12.12.21

Initially, there will be 28 Special points. each attribute is now responsible for a perk (within which there are a number of perks). The skill leveling has been removed, the character parameters are now completely determined by the perks, i.e. if, for example, by pumping your perception to 4-5 and taking the explosives perk, you will inflict more damage than those who did not do it by at least 10 at least 110 lv, everything else is the same. Now it will not work to make a super fighter and to be able to do everything by 50 levs. On the other hand, the ability to raise the characteristic remains, this can be done at each level, i.e. either a perk or a characteristic was in a hurry. It turns out that to raise everything by 10 you will need 42 lv.

V
Vanya Rygalov 12.12.21

Now it will not work to make a super fighter and to be able to do everything by 50 levs.
Heh, heh ... And how will it ride. Easy level to help and .... you are already the king.

M
MAX_x5.452 12.12.21

Will there be 7 bobbleheads in total?

V
Vadim Gibadatov 12.12.21

MAX_x5.452
Mb some bobbleheads give new perks or abilities like books

M
MAX_x5.452 12.12.21

Vadim Gibadatov
I do not think

s
saa0891 12.12.21

It would be cool if some bobbleheads added new, interesting perks.

I am already in anticipation, there is only a month left and I will go on a fascinating and dangerous journey through the wasteland, I am very glad that life before the war will show.

P
PaladinKolovrat 12.12.21

1. Attributes can be increased.
2. Multilevel perks - plus, with built-in minipers
3. There are "out-of-attribute" perks - obtained through logs, events, special teachers.
4. Bobbleheads!
Who thinks to pump the hero on izilevel - remember how many hours you had to play to earn 50 levels? And here there are 275 of them.

V
Vanya Rygalov 12.12.21

PaladinKolovrat
Who thinks to pump the hero to izilevele ...
With all the delights of easy level (at least for me) it has one small nedostatok.Primerno playing two-thirds of the game, to become a powerful loathing (killing vorogov a glance) and rich (and pennies then they are no longer needed, because there is still nothing to buy). It's no longer interesting to play out to the end ...

P
PaladinKolovrat 12.12.21

Vanya Rygalov was
disgustingly powerful - he used to try to help autoleveling, which they bark at. Plus, there were skills unattributed.
Considering the low start (only 28 attribute points) and the quite normal experience threshold for levelup (remember the same 50 F3 levels, which were recruited only at the end - I hope in F4 the swing speed will be similar), the main skills that have now become level-dependent perks (no 100 medicine at 5 level!) and so on - a good balance to avoid excess. The character becomes more build-defined, no miracle generalists. If you want an over-character - we invite you to a "fascinating" grind that way up to 90, in order to get a successful wagon, a killer at a glance