3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
hardwaredude 18.12.21 01:37 pm

Why do many fans dislike the plot? (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

I know the universe quite a bit, but I have read a bunch of articles in the Wiki, and already more or less imagine what's what. So the
spoiler for the game is the young Liquid Snake (Eli), and Ocelot, and Psycho Mantis, and Volgin, and a lot of references to the previous parts. Many people say that the game does not bring anything new to the plot. How so? We see the past and even childhood of many heroes of the foreground, important episodes of their lives. And I
did not expect to see Spoiler-Little Liquid and Volginay at all. It’s interesting. So what are you missing?
There are many, many fans complaining about the plot. There are so many fans that this factor simply cannot be ignored. And I want to understand why.
11 Comments
Sort by:
t
tovarish comrade 18.12.21

hardwaredude
Let's just say the depth is not the same.
I wanted something a little different - they cut something, but something that would not be superfluous simply did not fit. For example, in addition to little Liquid, I would very much like to see little Wolfe, because she could perfectly fit into this story. Well, it's simple - motivations are not disclosed properly for MGU.

M
Maklline66 18.12.21

Oh, why don't you like it? I'll try to explain. where to start ...

Firstly, the plot turned out ... not so. Just the wrong one. All Kojima had to do was show how Snake went from Big Boss, a legendary soldier revered in America, to a terrorist who threatened the world with nuclear weapons and metal weights (if I remember correctly the background of the first MG). As a result, we have just a useless twist, which, well, is not needed. Death of Venom, not the real BB in Outer Hevan (what happened in MG1)? Why explain things that are known only to 2% of the players, and which could be explained much, much easier?

Secondly, it is artificial complexity. Not in terms of gameplay, but plot. To look at at least a fourth part - everything is organic, complements each other, does not interfere, and logically completes the story of almost all the characters. And in V for some reason they introduced Venom, Vocal Cord Parasites, Sahelanthropus. All this is not connected in any way by the subsequent chronological parts. For example, a portable invisibility device, which first appeared in the IGU alone, was a one-piece suit. How long before this moment did you manage to create a portable analogue?

Thirdly, a weak, very weak "background" or whatever it is. Many villains have a very, very weak past. It seems that only Code Tolker has a well-written past, and the Skull is relatively normal. The squadron of skulls, in fact, do not have it. Who are they, why are they, why? Why doesn't the same quiet guy behave like a zombie? In general, there is really no explanation for what is happening here, and you have to think out yourself.

Finally, a banal deception and cutting, cutting, cutting. The trailers promised a DRAMA showing how BB turns into that very "demon", but in reality this is not here. Even a grown horn does not really affect anything. The second part generally looks like a raw stub without end.

D
DaddyVdote2 18.12.21

Complete MGS3 in 8-10 hours, then sit for part 5. The contrast is incredible. For 10 hours in the previous parts you get a ton of emotions and a complete story, but here in 60 hours there are only 2-3 memorable moments.

M
Michael47 18.12.21

Gooddamn
Wo, correct answer.

V
Vladislav Grafkin 18.12.21

Maklline66
Well, it seems like Kojima was trying to create an organic and complete story, but he still needed N amount of time, which Konami strongly disliked and which led to a conflict on both sides and cutting out a lot of content.

C
Crack 18.12.21

the plot would have been normal if there had been enough time / money for the second chapter, but the developer and the publisher are to blame for this, for 5 years they could not make a complete game, while others whipped it up.

X
X_ray_83 18.12.21

The game is not focused on the plot, because we know what will happen in the future and what it has led to. What kind of story did you want? When everything is clear and understandable from the beginning of the game, the gameplay remains which is not bad.
Maklline66
'Snake evolved from the Big Boss - the legendary soldier, revered in America, a terrorist who threatened the world with nuclear weapons and metal Gere "
At this he becomes the first MG 1987 in which you have not played as well as many, because at the moment Part 1 he worked for the USA))))

S
Sentenso 18.12.21

_ZENO_ ahahaha

, hideo miyazaki, conami)))))) 000

D
Dimon Crab 18.12.21

_ZENO_ Smiled
)))

L
LazyKit 18.12.21

Because Snake speaks ten lines in the whole game.
Because the plot is presented through a few cut-scenes, and eerily numerous cassettes.
Because they cut out the third chapter.
Because the game could have ended at the beginning of the very first MGS.

A
Ashley33 18.12.21

Well, the third chapter will be sold to us as a dlts? If she was ready? And then part of it, in terms of a separate game, the horror is as weak - not at all MGS. No, the gameplay is good, but there is nothing from MGS at all except the names of some characters.