3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
spawnmvd 20.12.21 12:05 am

Abundance of Snakes, Bosses and other Ocelots in MGS (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

I will say right away that I am not a console player, so MGS5 is the first game in the series that I have played, but being an avid gamer with many years of experience, I have heard a lot about the series, about the characters, about the universe, etc. Now, after getting to know one of the games, I decided to delve a little into the global plot of the games, read various information about MGS, study Wikipedia, etc. and the further I delve into it, the more it seems to me that I am reading some sort of Santa Barbara. So we can count some Snakes: Naked Snake, Liquid Snake, Solid Snake, Solidus Snake, Venom Snake (the hero of MGS5 seems to be), Old Snake, Ocelots, I also counted a minimum of Revolver Ocelot and Liquid Ocelot, incomprehensible nonsense and bosom stuff Bosses, who killed who there, who took away the title from whom, who they generally talk about, when the name of the Boss is pronounced, etc. No, I understand that it seems that genetic engineering, cloning, etc. are involved, but it looks so stupid for an outside observer to read the end-to-end plot of Metal Gear (for example, here https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_(%D1%81%D0% B5% D1% 80% D0% B8% D1% 8F_% D0% B8% D0% B3% D1% 80)) when some heroes replace others, there is a constant leapfrog with protagonists and antagonists, the relationship of all namesakes and namesakes is still a jungle ( in general, they themselves know who is whose clone, did not notice that this was somehow played out in the game). As for the games themselves: one part is a sequel, another is a prequel, another is a sequel to a prequel, the next is generally a spinoff, even George Lucas never dreamed of this. Well, the central theme is actually tanks / roofing felts Metal Gear robots hurling nuclear missiles.

Can you tell me if I don't understand something or is it such an author's style from which fans go crazy?
28 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sssses52 20.12.21

It turns out that they knocked off the memory of Snake and suggested that he is a big boss? And yes, where did his snake skills come from?

D
Demonic Wolf 20.12.21

It turns out that the "Medic Boss" rules the diamond dogs while the real BB is a new empire? and then they will be at enmity? and just do, the silent one got away from us to love?

D
Demonic Wolf 20.12.21

And in general, you can briefly tell what is what, I am very confused, I feel bad, I now have a headache ... Unfortunately, I played only part 5, and I really want to know what was happening, which boss was the first, and why later there were clones and traitors snakes or bosses ...

D
Demonic Wolf 20.12.21

I read the information on the wiki, I realized that you cannot explain everything that happens there.

S
Syndicate 2016 20.12.21

Let's Get More Snakes More

B
Brock samson 20.12.21

oh ept from another game site there is a complete expansion of the plot of all MGSOV, from what was on the dundi to the hans of the patriots, I already had 5 thuyu

A
Atlasth 20.12.21

Someone up there said a little incorrectly about the hand of the liquid, which the ocelot sewed on to himself, the ocelot lost his hand in mgc1, and sewed the hand of the liquid (at that time, of course, already deceased) to himself in mgc2, that is, in fact, a shnyaga with a "liquid ocelot" started to happen in 2 parts yet. But do not forget one thing, the father of the ocelot is the strongest medium of the sorrow, and the ocelot to some extent had the same abilities as a medium, that is, he himself allowed the consciousness of the liquid to go out, and at any moment he could control it.
Those who want to understand the plot, play it, go through all the parts, just not in chronology, but in the order of the release of the parts, indescribable delight, fucking and emotions, one of the most difficult plots in video games, it's worth it.

Z
Zee-d-rott 20.12.21

We play as venom! I finally figured it out