3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
solus. 20.12.21 12:05 am

Assess the level of excitement (Fallout 4)

Now even schoolchildren understand that interest in any manufactured product is artificially heated with the help of piaras and under the guidance of experienced marketers. Even if this product is expected and already has its own audience of consumers, all the same, their degree of excitement is additionally raised to such a value that deprives the consumer of a critical approach to assessing the ratio of the cost of the sold product and its real quality (everyone knows the psychological phenomenon when a person who paid a high price for a faulty thing, later will convince himself and others that she has no shortcomings).

This was the preamble. Now - specifically for the upcoming Fallout 4. Everyone already knows that the price of the game is rather big (though not absurd, but nevertheless - much higher than many others). Also, everyone is watching the gradually unwinding campaign for product PR and propaganda of interest in its details, intensively carried out by the development company. In this regard, I want to conduct a small vote / poll in order to find out how much the audience is already warmed up and to what degree of hysteria has the expectation of the game reached?

The questions are as follows:

1. Based on the declared value of the game, are you ready now (one and a half months before its release) to pay three to four times more, just to get it right now?

2. If you did not answer yes to point # 1, perhaps you are willing to pay twice as much to buy the game 20 days earlier than others?

3. Are you ready to wait for the release, then wait for the crack, then download from torrents, since you have less money than patience?
24 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kol55 20.12.21

If I didn’t answer your 2 points, then I’m downloading the pirate version and drumming for me.

A
Alex Nova 20.12.21

Kol55
brother, I'm with you

N
NorthernSky 20.12.21

1) No, not ready. The question is crazy.
And the topic itself is from the category of breaking the veils. I'll throw in a terrible secret: games are developed to cut the dough, and only the dough. Nobody thinks about self-expression and other heresy except for a couple of three developers.

s
solus. 20.12.21

Kol55
you just chose the third item;)

F
F1Y_man 20.12.21

If I answered point 1, then I am a fallout fan and I don't care how much it costs. Moreover, I will play it for 5 years (until the next part is released)

L
LEFT FOR DTF 20.12.21

And if I, krch, do not wait for it and, perhaps, when will I download the thread?

V
Vivix3D 20.12.21

I am a fallout fan and I bought all the fallout 4 parts and I am happy.

T
Technic82 20.12.21

1. No
2. No
3. I'll download the repack, but to check whether it's worth buying it or not (I've been doing this very often lately). Although I am a fan of the series, I don’t want to blindly spend the money, despite the fact that this is Fallout ...

D
DeadMan451 20.12.21

Technic82
+1
I will do the same myself, although I don't really approve of piracy. But this is a special matter. For the Arbor Fall does not know how to do, and TES has forgotten how to do it long ago. Paying for a castrated, dulled, censored under-game-under-RPG, in which only the wastelands are left of Fall ?! And thus provoke them to continue making games in the same spirit ?! Dismiss!

b
brovascka1 20.12.21

I'm ready to wait as long as necessary, but I'll wait for the crack.

T
Technic82 20.12.21

DeadMan451
Yes, and with today's prices for games, you have to check them before buying. Previously, I did not even bother - I bought stupidly and that's it. It turned out that it was gamna? Well, to hell with her, 500-600-700 rubles is not a pity, but when the game costs from 1000 and above, like it or not, you download a repack for evaluation ...

K
Kol55 20.12.21

solus.
It just wasn't there before.

W
Wild rider 20.12.21

I don't quite agree about PR, Bethesda specifically announced a fall shortly before the release, because confident in the natural excitement around the game.
As for the price: yes, it is not small, but if you look at the prices in dollars in other countries, then it is just twice as low.

1) no (meaningless and very expensive)
2) no (meaningless and expensive)
3) no - there is enough money (as well as patience) so that I could afford to buy it, but when is another question, maybe I will wait for the publication, otherwise, separately for the dlts, you will have to roll off an additional 1.5k. I'm too lazy to download repacks (and I don’t want to repeat the story with the headlights at edge 3, when it passed on the pirate, but I didn’t want to replay it in incentive), but I believe in the developers. They won't make it worse than the 3rd fall, and I can't say that I didn't like him.

V
Vanya Rygalov 20.12.21

If I like beer with roach, it doesn’t mean that I should marry them.

K
K. V. 20.12.21

Now it costs suspiciously little for such a game. I remember DA: Inquisition
cost three thousand rubles before the release.
And even now, in some stores, the Inquisition is more expensive than the F4.

M
MaroderZ 20.12.21

Already bought. And by the end of spring I plan to spend from 4100 to 6000 rubles. for pre-orders.
By the way, Might & Magic Heroes VII in STEAM is like Fallout 4.

E
Except2 20.12.21

MaroderZ
yyyyy yes you are a millionaire my friend, you pay such huge dough for toys. I would also buy if the game would cost 500 rubles. but not more.

V
Vanya Rygalov 20.12.21

The majors are annealed. Heh, heh ...

M
Marina L. 20.12.21

I will most likely choose the third option. In addition, it is not yet known what system requirements are - maybe this money will have to be spent on hardware. And with a scholarship, you will not particularly roam.
And about the first two points - what's the point of overpaying to get the game a month or two early? I have been waiting for this game for a year, I can wait for another month. In the meantime, I'm running around Skyrim, or through the Mojave Wasteland ...

S
Sasha Arefiev 20.12.21

What nonsense, 2000r pre-ordered for a long time and I'm waiting for the release, if I do not take offense, what does PR and additional funds have to do with it