3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tdante 23.12.21 11:54 pm

Is there life with rear wheel drive? (Forza Horizon 5)

I've tried a dozen tuned rear wheel drive cars, and all of them are extremely difficult to drive. This is fine?
Maybe I'm somehow not playing like that, but with all-wheel drive everything is fine, and with the front one - constantly slipping and skidding out of the blue.
Who plays on the rear wheel drive, help me figure it out.
5 Comments
Sort by:
P
Podvipodvertov 23.12.21

I play at the highest level of difficulty of my opponents, I turned off all the help except ABS and left the automatic gearbox, I do not like the stirrer either in life or in games.
So, on all-wheel drive I defeat the bots, on the front one you can also overpower them, the truth is a little more complicated.
But the rear-wheel drive is purely for pokatushek in free driving, in races it will be very inferior, you will enter the turns slower, drifts are longer, slippage is longer at the start ... in short, rear-wheel drive is not for victories, but purely for fun in free driving.
Well, as an option, you can turn on assistants, such as the traction control system, the assistance system at the start (to reduce the grinding), directional stability and dynamic stabilization - I do not consider this cheating, since in modern cars all this is already by default, those sports BMWs or Ferraris have rear-wheel drive, but in life they drive no worse than Lamba in full, because they have a huge bunch of different assistants who do not allow the car to drift.
And when all this is included, then it will be possible to win on the rear wheel drive.

M
Mark500 03.01.22

When you make a front-wheel drive car out of a rear-wheel drive, then your handling, initial acceleration, and braking performance improves, but engine power drops dramatically. Consequently, the maximum speed for rear-wheel drive is often higher. I, too, at first always altered it into a four-wheel drive to make it easier to drive. Rear-wheel drive, even with antibuks, starts with a slight delay, sometimes in a sharp corner it can turn if you overdo it with gas. Also, since the car is less stable, it is easier to push the car off the track, so I try not to approach anyone. But if the track has a lot of straight lines where you can accelerate properly, you have a huge advantage, an S1-900 class car can be accelerated to 400 km / h and go ahead a lot. You can also get used to handling, the main thing is to turn on the antibuks and find a normal tuner,
Therefore, I would not write off the rear-wheel drive, it's a thrill when the engine is powerful. On the contrary, now I'm trying to ride it - it's difficult, of course, but in some places I even won ...

d
dred97676 20.02.22

Definitely. For drifting the most it!

A
ACDC2406 26.07.22

Tdante
Of course there is life with rear-wheel drive, but it's more for those who are bored. By the way, it’s difficult to manage rwd only from class 1, but it’s possible without problems in class 2, I also play without assistants on the keyboard. And in the contenders on the ring at the main festival, I am in 1% on the rwd hotwheels mustang. And in 2% on the sprint, the invasion of the festival on rwd f40c. However, up to and including the a800, you can ride on any type of drive - because I won in horizon open both on a front-wheel drive Civic, and on an all-wheel drive Subar, and on a rear-wheel drive fastback mustang (in the B700 and below, I recommend all-wheel drive only in rallies and autocrosses)
By the way, a lot it also depends on the car, if you throw some classic oil car into c1 on a rear-wheel drive, then difficulties are provided

h
hawker870 20.01.23

Tdante
You can ride rwd easily, some cars get worse if you swap them to awd, especially in low classes (here you need to look at how much awd swap tuning points cost, sometimes it is too expensive, and sometimes it even reduces PI rating points). Not to mention rwd powerbuilds that fuck the whole meta most of the time. awd is popular because it's convenient, you don't have to worry about throttle control out of tight corners, you just hit the gas and go, and the front wheel torque pulls you out of the skid and gives you stability. But with rwd skill grows, that's a fact, then awd cars become an easy mod, it's not interesting to drive